Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask your thoughts on Stephenson's kicking in relation to the other "top 4" players (LDU, Cerra, Dow, raynor).

How bad is it IYO?
Its hard to say, he tends to try to much with his kicks, generally kicks better when he settles and doesnt complicate things. I compare it to a Dangerfield he can just bang it on the boot but when he actually settles its not that bad. He is a dead eye most times at goal has a crazy knack for the goals from all angles

Geelong Falcons
Cassidy Parish 33 disposals, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal
Harry Benson 26 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal
David Handley 16 disposals, 3 marks, 2 goals 1 behind
Gryan Miers 12 disposals, 3 tackles, 3 goals 1 behind
James Worpel 25 disposals, 4 marks, 6 tackles
Matthew Ling 15 disposals, 3 marks, 4 tackles
Cooper Stephens 30 disposals, 7 marks
Ethan Floyd 28 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles
Tom McCartin 13 disposals, 8 marks, 3 tackles, 2 behinds
Josh Jaska 14 disposals, 7 marks, 2 tackles

Dandenong Stingrays
Aiden Bonar 14 disposals, 2 marks, 8 tackles, 1 behind
Hunter Clark 25 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal
Luke Davies-Uniacke 22 disposals, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal
Oscar Clavarino 17 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles
Riley D’Arcy 13 disposals, 1 goal 3 behinds

Oakleigh Chargers

Matthew Day - Injured
Charlie Thompson 18 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 2 behinds
Ed Richards 16 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal
Matthew King 23 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles
Jack Roughsedge 27 disposals, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal 1 behind
Riley Jones 13 disposals, 7 marks, 2 tackles

Sandringham Dragons
Charlie Constable - Injured
Andrew Brayshaw 25 disposals, 4 marks, 7 tackles, 1 goal
Hamish Brayshaw 14 disposals, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goals
Will Walker 16 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal 1 behind
Angus Styles 16 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal
Ed Newman 11 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal
Sebastian Williams 22 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal 1 behind
Joel Amartey 13 disposals, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 27 hitouts, 1 goal
Hayden McLean 8 disposals, 4 marks, 2 behinds
Jack Roughsedge....do you think he'll develop more of a kicking game in time. seems to have an innate propensity to fire off the handball too often. Can certainly find the pill.

Roughsedge has had some huge possession games of high 30's & low 40's....Do you feel his injury has impacted his pace at all?
? hasnt topped 30 once this year, he has played 5 games and these are his numbers, still impressive numbers i might add

I can only go off what i see and i cant tell if his injury has effected his speed since i didn't see him before the injury. As an inside mid he has been superb, his kicking still needs a little bit of work but its not horrible. I think clubs have him as a rookie prospect but i could see him killing it in the VFL and forcing his way into AFL down the line. IF his speed can improve id draft him in the national.

? hasn't topped 30 once this year, he has played 5 games and these are his numbers, still impressive numbers i might add

I can only go off what i see and i cant tell if his injury has effected his speed since i didn't see him before the injury. As an inside mid he has been superb, his kicking still needs a little bit of work but its not horrible. I think clubs have him as a rookie prospect but i could see him killing it in the VFL and forcing his way into AFL down the line. IF his speed can improve id draft him in the national.

O.K Cheers.....Those games I mentioned were In 2016. Before his injury.:thumbsu:

Boys this might help you ?------Top 35 disposal winners by average
S.Walsh -30
D.Henderson -29
J.Roughsedge-28
J.Bytel-28
C.Parish-27
H.Clark-27
H.Brayshaw-27
G.Nagle-27
P.Dow-26
A.Cerra-26
C.Thompson-26
M.Lentini-26
D.Moore-26
A.Brayshaw-25
A.Federico-25
L.Fogarty-25
B.Bernacki-25
O.Smart-25
C.Wellings-24
B.Cockerill-24
L.Davies-Uniacke-24
S.Williams-24
L.O'Brien-24
J.Higgins-24
T.North-24
M.Harvey-24
B.Paton-24
L.Fitzgerald-23
C.Constable-23
H.Jones-23
N.Richards-23
N.Stuhldreier-23
J.Stephenson-23

Boys this might help you ?------Top 35 disposal winners by average
S.Walsh -30
D.Henderson -29
J.Roughsedge-28
J.Bytel-28
C.Parish-27
H.Clark-27
H.Brayshaw-27
G.Nagle-27
P.Dow-26
A.Cerra-26
C.Thompson-26
M.Lentini-26
D.Moore-26
A.Brayshaw-25
A.Federico-25
L.Fogarty-25
B.Bernacki-25
O.Smart-25
C.Wellings-24
B.Cockerill-24
L.Davies-Uniacke-24
S.Williams-24
L.O'Brien-24
J.Higgins-24
T.North-24
M.Harvey-24
B.Paton-24
L.Fitzgerald-23
C.Constable-23
H.Jones-23
N.Richards-23
N.Stuhldreier-23
J.Stephenson-23
Constables early injury would have given his average a hit, pretty sure Mynott averages at least 22 aswell

Mynott averages 22 mate..spot on
Got less midfield time once they had all their guns, was dissapointed he didn't get more time in the middle in the first final when he was one of the reasons they had such a good lead at HT when he was in the middle. Spent a lot of the last quarter up forward which made no sense to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen a lot of Jordan Johnston over the last two years, IMO he's the best prospect at the GWV Rebels this year. I see he hasn't .even made your board. His aerial ability for a medium forward is exceptional, goal sense in spades, good pace, excellent set shot with good penetration. Moved into the midfield rotations the last few weeks of the season and didn't lookout of place in there getting in and under and showing good aggression. If he goes undrafted I will be massively surprised.

Got less midfield time once they had all their guns, was dissapointed he didn't get more time in the middle in the first final when he was one of the reasons they had such a good lead at HT when he was in the middle. Spent a lot of the last quarter up forward which made no sense to me

Mynott is a private, isn't he?

As far as I'm aware he never played in the side without their guns save for perhaps one game when Metro played and he played for Eastern.

He's a very handy prospect, and it's unfortunate he didn't get the chance to play more finals as Dandenong (who reels in Eastern in the elimination) were a real disappointment against Geelong. Turned their toes up after half time in a big way.

Mynott is a private, isn't he?

As far as I'm aware he never played in the side without their guns save for perhaps one game when Metro played and he played for Eastern.

He's a very handy prospect, and it's unfortunate he didn't get the chance to play more finals as Dandenong (who reels in Eastern in the elimination) were a real disappointment against Geelong. Turned their toes up after half time in a big way.
He dominated when the school team had a bye, his numbers where equal with Cerra

Dandenongs defence was horrible they turned it over too much. Also didn't have the midfield depth

I've seen a lot of Jordan Johnston over the last two years, IMO he's the best prospect at the GWV Rebels this year. I see he hasn't .even made your board. His aerial ability for a medium forward is exceptional, goal sense in spades, good pace, excellent set shot with good penetration. Moved into the midfield rotations the last few weeks of the season and didn't lookout of place in there getting in and under and showing good aggression. If he goes undrafted I will be massively surprised.
He has been hovering in the 60s for awhile. Needed to show a touch more class in the middle but if I'm a club I'd have no issues taking him in the 3rd round

Doesn't help when most of the guns are injured
Dow
Rayner
Cerra
Fogarty
Coleman-Jones
Wooller

Constable and Naughton are most likely being managed. Not sure what the deal is with Mynott thought he would get a go aswell
Can only pick 6 Allies players when they finished above Vic Country and beat Vic Metro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back