Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Could shape the draft IMO. Brander is in the conversation for the pick 1 spot and depending on who finishes there let's say Carlton (not trying to start anything) I feel they would go for him. They've had a major focus on their KPD spots and even though they have Harry McKay and Charlie Curnow, Brander would round out their KPF spots. Lions are in the conversation as well but we wouldn't pick him and go for best mid and then will go early still.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Could shape the draft IMO. Brander is in the conversation for the pick 1 spot and depending on who finishes there let's say Carlton (not trying to start anything) I feel they would go for him. They've had a major focus on their KPD spots and even though they have Harry McKay and Charlie Curnow, Brander would round out their KPF spots. Lions are in the conversation as well but we wouldn't pick him and go for best mid and then will go early still.
Personally think blues need another bull midfielder and Fogarty fits the bill, players of Fogartys quality are rare and a club would be crazy not to take him with 1 imo. Fogarty would be great for you guys and even Lochie O'Brien, LOB along with McCluggage just makes your midfield that more dangerous.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Personally think blues need another bull midfielder and Fogarty fits the bill, players of Fogartys quality are rare and a club would be crazy not to take him with 1 imo. Fogarty would be great for you guys and even Lochie O'Brien, LOB along with McCluggage just makes your midfield that more dangerous.
It would be a difficult decision for the recruiters if those two did seperate themselves from the pack. In Carltons case I keep going back to a couple of years ago with St Kilda and the decision they made with McCartin instead of Petracca and just see something similar happening. But as you stated all things are pointing towards Fogarty being too difficult to pass up on.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Eastern 106
Calder 52

Eastern
Goals

Stephenson 5
Garner 2
Lynch 2
Bruzzesse 2
Hayes 1
Van Beek 1
Cerra 1
Stainthorpe 1

Bests

Stephenson
Garner
Hayes
Cerra
Stoddart
Van Beek

Calder
Goals

Taylor 3
Hanna 2
Firebrace 1
Evans 1

Bests

Taylor
Velissaris
Bernacki
Bytel
Fletcher
Firebrace

No1Suspect

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2010
In the shadows
AFL Club
Carlton

Hit the nail on the head there mate, our midfield is putrid atm our talls are young and promising we need to target mids, id love us to trade our 2018 1st for another 2017 pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well here it is ill be apart of my very first podcast tomorrow night haha, pretty nervous and excited I'll mostly be going over my top 10 for this year

DPS..two boys from Bendigo impress me in Fitzgerald and Henderson. Fitzgerald was named in best for GWS Academy. How do you see them atm?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks mate..the mid fielder Darby!
Darby will find it hard to stand out when you have mids like Dow, O'Brien, Farrell and Schumacher in there and eventually when Fitzgerald comes back it's a tough midfield to stand out and he may have to show something up forward to be a chance of being drafted. He certainly knows how to win the ball and goes hard at it but he lacks an x-factor or standout trait that the others I mentioned have so like I said he will need to start impacting the scoreboard or winning a s**t tonne of the footy to stand out amongst a crowded and talented Bendigo side

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cheers mate
Darby will find it hard to stand out when you have mids like Dow, O'Brien, Farrell and Schumacher in there and eventually when Fitzgerald comes back it's a tough midfield to stand out and he may have to show something up forward to be a chance of being drafted. He certainly knows how to win the ball and goes hard at it but he lacks an x-factor or standout trait that the others I mentioned have so like I said he will need to start impacting the scoreboard or winning a s**t tonne of the footy to stand out amongst a crowded and talented Bendigo side

Cheers mate..I think his hands are really good. I see Fitzgerald playing back and I don't see O'Brien as an inside mid nor Farrell. The other one I like is hogan from Gippy but I could be wide of the mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back