Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

I think GWS pick 19 going to be crucial . A bid for Brigg earlier than 19 give hawthorn a chance to trade their future first . ( Stocker , hill , Stuart ) could be available.

I think GWS would be better placed to trade for a future pick and then trade it back so they can still use 19 as a live pick.

I think GWS would be better placed to trade for a future pick and then trade it back so they can still use 19 as a live pick.

Depends on their academy next year- I'm not across their academy to be honest.

GWS might be pretty happy with two of their earlier pick 9,11 that pick 19 might not be that important for them .
GWS , Essendon , Hawthorn- 2019 first round pick might help them to refresh their list next year, plus combo pick for FA.

GWS might be pretty happy with two of their earlier pick 9,11 that pick 19 might not be that important for them .

It probably is this year when they are doing a mini rebuild after losing some quality in the off season.

It wouldn't shock me to see GWS try and package 11 and 19 for a higher selection though, whether that is possible is another thing though.

It probably is this year when they are doing a mini rebuild after losing some quality in the off season.

It wouldn't shock me to see GWS try and package 11 and 19 for a higher selection though, whether that is possible is another thing though.
You just can't do it in a year . They clean up salary cap but need two year to regroup or transition . I don't think one player that in 19-24 in this year draft range make that much different.
2 good mid at 9,11
One Academy players Brigg at pick 25.
One Zac Langdon /Deboer type at 50+

You just can't do it in a year . They clean up salary cap but need two year to regroup or transition . I don't think one player that in 19-24 in this year draft range make that much different.
2 good mid at 9,11
One Academy players Brigg at pick 25.
One Zac Langdon /Deboer type at 50+

This is a better draft, in all likelihood they are contending next year. They aren't getting 3 picks inside 20 next year they will be lucky to have 2.

Gold Coast will be using 4-6 picks based on the draft order. If they got rid of 24 and 29 then they would be stuck using 1-3 late picks in the draft.

I'm not saying they'd do it....It's just rather more my preference.

I reckon we'll be trading next years first to move up into the early second round though.....If that means using pick 53 to swap for a slightly earlier pick than that too, then that'd be the way to go for mine....So roughly pick 20-24 & pick 40-45 for next years first (anywhere from 10-14 you'd reckon & this years 53).

Actually

We have the Bombers1st round pick next year, and the Blues second. Could be 3 in the top 20 already in the bag.

Fair enough, I wasn't across your picks in 2019. In general though this years crop is rated better though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dew is unproven at the level, although I agree that he will most likely be a good coach.

Where is their talent though? Theyve had 2 or 3 really down years with guys having opportunities to show they're future stars.

The only ones that did are now gone.
Being out of sight in QLD hard to show who has come on for us. Fiorini picked up 7 brownlow votes this which is good development. Touk has raised his disposal count and is developing into a good shut down player. Brodie in the last 5 weeks was becoming a key part of our midfield. Bowes also showed glimpses of what he can become. Ainsworth had a down year as did Ah Chee it for 2nd and 3rd year players it can happen. Again it is our injuries that killed us having to play the likes of Heron who are totally not ready for AFL.

Also, I know our player development isn't at the level of some other clubs. Which has been strongly invested in this off season. But I can't think of too many players which have left us and actually gotten better. Caddy and maybe Dixon off the top of my head are really the only 2. Other players that have left us have either performed at a similar level or gone backwards.

Fair enough, I wasn't across your picks in 2019. In general though this years crop is rated better though.
True and Caruso has said in the last couple of days an option is we might try and trade into this years draft further. Given the perception if a strong draft this year we may not be able to without giving them away though.

The effect of this years trade period will be to spread the talent on our list across younger age groups. I wouldn't uss the "R" word, but it's opinion.

True and Caruso has said in the last couple of days an option is we might try and trade into this years draft further. Given the perception if a strong draft this year we may not be able to without giving them away though.

The effect of this years trade period will be to spread the talent on our list across younger age groups. I wouldn't uss the "R" word, but it's opinion.

Makes sense too. Gets some ready made replacements to who you have lost. You have some quality where you are coming in. It’s sort of a mini refresh the list not rebuild. Was expected.

so are there any actual rumours, or do we just have musings? :huh:;):cool::greenalien::rolleyes:

You would think that the Hawks would be talking to GWS, WCE and the Crows about potential pick swaps, if they're keen to get into the late First Round, early Second Round of this draft.

From what has been said, and what I have heard, this draft is very good at the top, top end but no better than next years in after the first 10 or so picks. I would suggest if there was a trade for (for example) WCE's pick 20, it would be straight swap for Hawks 2019 1st.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back