Draft Strategy (Keeper League)

patfootball04

Team Captain
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys. Have a cash league draft starting tonight. Format is 5-7-1-5 with 4 emergency and 8 reserves.

Wondering if anyone has a draft strategy, like which positions to take at each pick? And how to balance between this season and the future.

Any advice in general would be helpful. Cheers.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Personally I would draft to win or be competitive, will the league stay together after a few years and will you then be out of pocket your fee if you draft for the future would be my first thought?

patfootball04

Team Captain
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Personally I would draft to win or be competitive, will the league stay together after a few years and will you then be out of pocket your fee if you draft for the future would be my first thought?
It's only $20 each year. So a bit of a balance between winning this year and perhaps pick young guns with last few picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rise_up_Stiffy

Premiership Player
Sep 3, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I approach this as building for the future. I stockpile young guns with an aim to be competitive in 2-3 years. My experience is it often works out even quicker than that. We started a league about 4 years ago (12 man) and by picking players like dusty, treloar, kelly, heeney, matt crouch, coniglio, oliver etc early now my team is ridiculous

Top Bottom