Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
A draft watcher on our board expressed similar sentiment but more so it being a strong top 30 as opposed to top 10.

I’m not saying you won’t be proved correct but I just don’t see how you can say that at this point. For example you have Sinn at 4 and you must be going off no footy last year and a few nab league matches from this year where it doesn’t appear that he’s dominated. Similar comment re Sonsie. Most agree he has been average to good this year at best. Played poorly in the academy game and pretty good in his one vfl hitout (very good stats but there were still some question marks on his game).

It’s just a strange year for the vic kids and I don’t see many of the big names going in having done much to re enforce their standing (whether through lack of opportunity or average performance).
I think you make some good points, usually its the state games at the trials and champs that re enforce peoples reads or perceptions of ratings ect, in years gone past we would be near the end of the championships and know which kids are likely to go early ect, but this year we have to wait until later in the year to see the state games, so until then there will be a bit of the unknown about the depth.

Remove this Banner Ad