Mega Thread Draft Talk Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with this rumour of us swapping picks 14 for 15 i thought i would have a look over the last 5 years which players were selected using those picks.

2006 Pick#14 James Sellar (Adel) vs Pick#15 Daniel O'Keefe (Swans 0 Games)
2007 Pick#14 Jack Grimes (Melb) vs Pick#15 Robbie Tarrent (Roos)
2008 Pick#14 Ayce Cordy (Dogs F/S) vs Pick#15 Mitch Brown (Cats)
2009 Pick#14 Lewis Jetta (Swans) vs Pick#15 Christian Howard (Dogs)
2010 Pick#14 Brodie Smith (Adel) vs Pick#15 Billie Smeldts (Cats)

Pick 14 looks to be winning atm, but surely we cant look into this too much

Downie wouldn't go past round 2 I'm guessing, either we take the risk and hope that Clay Smith, Kerridge or Waldhunter last until our 3rd rounder. Downie sounds good none-the-less.

So with this rumour of us swapping picks 14 for 15 i thought i would have a look over the last 5 years which players were selected using those picks.

2006 Pick#14 James Sellar (Adel) vs Pick#15 Daniel O'Keefe (Swans 0 Games)
2007 Pick#14 Jack Grimes (Melb) vs Pick#15 Robbie Tarrent (Roos)
2008 Pick#14 Ayce Cordy (Dogs F/S) vs Pick#15 Mitch Brown (Cats)
2009 Pick#14 Lewis Jetta (Swans) vs Pick#15 Christian Howard (Dogs)
2010 Pick#14 Brodie Smith (Adel) vs Pick#15 Billie Smeldts (Cats)

Pick 14 looks to be winning atm, but surely we cant look into this too much

I wouldn't think so given it has absolutely nothing to do with this draft.

any thoughts on Leif Cope? Rookie probably

Yeah wanted to get him last year, no different this year.

Rate him higher than downie though i havent seen him play except for a 2 minute highlights from last year. Have seen downie play and when the ball hit the ground he reminded me of gus just looked lost though much better everywhere else than gus.

Yeah wanted to get him last year, no different this year.

Rate him higher than downie though i havent seen him play except for a 2 minute highlights from last year. Have seen downie play and when the ball hit the ground he reminded me of gus just looked lost though much better everywhere else than gus.
How much footy has Downie played though? Wouldn't suprise me he looked lost if he's hardly played. Would like to rookie Cope as well.

Club scouts are amazed at what young star, Jaegar O'Meara is or has produced so far in his junior career. A scout as likened him to dual Brownlow Medalist, Chris Judd, if not better. Has a mix of endurance, speed, skill and composure. Gold Coast are in the box seat for the young star by seriously considering handing over their number 4 draft pick to GWS which will give GWS, the first 5 picks in this years draft. O'Meara though can't stay playing in the AFL until 2013 under AFL regulations.

^^^

that was just posted on one of those facebook AFL pages. the things i would give up to get this lad!

Walhunter has no chance of lasting to the 3rd round. Some think he'll go pick 15-25. I wouldn't be surprised if we took him for some added grunt in the future when Tucky slows down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club scouts are amazed at what young star, Jaegar O'Meara is or has produced so far in his junior career. A scout as likened him to dual Brownlow Medalist, Chris Judd, if not better. Has a mix of endurance, speed, skill and composure. Gold Coast are in the box seat for the young star by seriously considering handing over their number 4 draft pick to GWS which will give GWS, the first 5 picks in this years draft. O'Meara though can't stay playing in the AFL until 2013 under AFL regulations.

^^^

that was just posted on one of those facebook AFL pages. the things i would give up to get this lad!

I am sure this kid is going to be a gun too, however I would just like to point out that i think scouts throw round these wraps too easily. Tambling was described by scouts @ the under 18 carnival as a mix between Judd and Akermanis.....

If Tambling had come off for us, if we had taken Buddy etc etc you could kiss good by to Cotchin, Vickery, Martin as we wouldn't have had the picks to draft them. We have plenty of 10 year players and some potential champions for the near tomorrow. I've forgotten about yesterday.

OMG! I have fallen for Ben Darrou! check out this video and tell me you dont want this kid on our list. I reckon we could snap him up with our 3rd rounder. Reminds me of James Guilt with a bit more grunt. Tackles like a beast. Good 1%ers. Worth a crack
http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=120636

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
OMG, from me as well? WHow, he's likely to go before round 3, surely;

That size, mobile, evasive, skilled, well balanced. I"m thinking of load some dead wood (for picks) & pick him up in the 2nd round;

Check him out!:thumbsu:

I watched Darrou in the TAC cup granny. He was solid that day. Great user of the ball, big boy but 190cm makes him an odd size. Nevertheless he didnt struggle to play on blokes bigger and smaller. Does actually get involved rebounding out of defence. Runs, chases, tackles, second/third efforts and I've heard he is a good bloke too

I honestly believe he will be on the board at our third pick but FJ might have to reach for him at our second just to make sure! Knightmare has him going fairly late

Awaiting Toadvines thoughts on Darrou.. I wonder if/when we get Morris would we need to draft another type of this player?

s**t, hadn't heard of Darrou before today but he looks like whoever picks him up defenitely has something to work with. Looks very composed.

Would take him with a 3rd rounder if he was still available

Good pick up on Darrou guys, what you guys are saying is pretty spot on in terms of what kind of player he is.

Strength, skills and composure. No doubt he has a lot going for him. My main query on him would have to be his pace and height.

I'm sure clubs would be taking a keen interest in his sprint time as the first 20 meters is very important for defenders. It hasn't really been much of an issue this year in the TAC as he's an exceptional reader of the play and has relied on that to be the first to the ball or kill the contest.

If he was 3-5 cm taller he'd be seen as one of the better defenders of the draft and a 2nd rounder, but third round onwards is probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back