Prediction Draft tampering is allowed now and AFL is completely alright with it this season. (Good to know)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. It completely exist and now you can wait till the roles are reversed in the coming years. It will be completely obvious especially to the stupid Vic media when they sook it up.
Not sure the Vic media will sook it up as bad as you are here.

There's a slight difference with a Vic player saying it vs every other state. A Vic player still has 10 teams that could pick him up (only rules out 8 sides).
If a player from any other state says it, it leaves two teams and rules out 16.
If West Coast wanted him at pick 2, they could use it to their favour. Contact all the Vic clubs who might want him and see if they want to move up to pick 2 in order to get him. If Hawks are keen but think Dons might snap him up at #4, offer pick 2 for pick 6, 24 and a future 2nd.

Or if Saints want him, offer pick 2 and 38 for #9 and a future 1st.

EDIT: Sorry, was looking at an old draft order for some reason, so ignore the specific numbers I've used here and just take the general gist of the examples and apply it to any team or pick swap scenario.

That's a bit much. FA didn't exist at the time, and Collingwood's offer of p28 wasn't exactly setting the world on fire.
The Pies offered pick 25 and then pick 30 and Goldsack.

The Saints werent going to trade him to a premiership contender.

So we got him for less than we offered via trade. It was just one club being too stubborn to help facilitate a trade.

It helped get FA rules in, as a player like Ball who was captain and had given many years of service should be able to go where he wants if another club values them more.

So Sheezel has made it clear he doesn't want to go interstate. It's been happening a few years now where Vic draftees will make subtle statements like below. Sheezel arguably pick 1-4 this off season has gone on record as not even hiding it now. Just comes out saying he prefers to stay in Melbourne and basically if a interstate side drafts him he will leave as soon as the contract is up. Sheezel at the end, he better say to save face "Oh I am happy to play anywhere" so it covers his obvious draft tampering attempt. I guess his honesty helps all interstate clubs to not draft him but this is 100% in it's truest form as draft tampering and a huge reason why the Eagles traded pick 2 for two picks later in the draft. Regardless of what you call this, AFL have a huge issue of draft tampering now where players are now openly dictating where they want to go. It doesn't matter anymore where you finish and the wooden spoon doesn't mean getting any player you want or the best talent. I find it frustrating that not one media outlet has even gave this a mention and I'm only say this as make no mistake WA draftees talent will do likewise in the future. It's completely free game now because Gil and AFL has just accepted that draft tampering is part of the game. It's completely ok for players to do this. When it happens again but for a WA draftee for example refusing to go to a Vic Club and the huge media uproar that follows, mark this down and I will bring this up when it does happen. Let this Sheezel reminder that this has been happening now and nothing was done by the AFL to stop it.
View attachment 1541392
Sounds like Brett Chalmers all over again.

You ought to check if the Pies are up to their old tricks.

Yeah ok no worries. So what I'm getting is Eagles/Freo tell all WA draftees to say this. I do not want to play interstate. I love WA and hope to god I stay in WA. I will cry and my family will be hugely dissapointed if I dont get drafted to a WA club. In fact I would really really hate to be drafted to a Vic Club. They make me sick and will look at first opportunity to leave and return home as soon as possible if they draft me.

But again whoops almost forgot if one Vic club drafts me I will give it a good crack.🙄

What if they can't wait to get out of WA?

Imagine being insecure enough that you had zero faith in your club being able to convince someone to stay.

I'm waiting for the stupid Vic Media to sook it up when the roles are reverse.

All I'm saying is we will be bringing this Sheezel statement up everytime when it does. Because no one bat a eyelid this season over it.

How about WA football authorities hiding players in bum * nowhere to keep them of rivals radars? They still going on over there?

The issue is the AFL media said draft needs an overhaul because an "interstate" player wanted to go home.
A victorian kid says it and its crickets. Same for Bailey Smith, and few other recent examples.
Not to mention the yearly cycle of kids coming back to Victoria very early into their careers.

Screenshot_2022-10-27-20-20-16-60_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Another one Tsatas just today dictating where he wants to play. It's getting ridiculous now. The media statement asking to stay home. At this point might aswell seperate VFL clubs. They can go back to VFL only.

AFL National league doesn't work anymore. Game has gone to s**t. Dead in the water.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1544308

Another one Tsatas just today dictating where he wants to play. It's getting ridiculous now. The media statement asking to stay home. At this point might aswell seperate VFL clubs. They can go back to VFL only.

AFL National league doesn't work anymore. Game has gone to s**t. Dead in the water.

Oh noes, the heavens are collapsing!

Make contracts 3 years sign on + 2 years matching rights and pay everyone WAY more or this issue will never go away. IMO the WA clubs have done it very well, they have a very good retention rate of Vic/SA players and get the go home WA boys aswell. Which gun Vic players have asked out of WCE/Freo besides Cerra in the last 10 years? Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Darcy all seem committed, and Eagles have had Shuey, Duggan, Gaff all sign on for their careers. Can't think of anyone else who's had homesickness of the top of my head. I like to think clubs will still draft the best talent and back themselves in to keep them, but it might not be the reality anymore.

View attachment 1544308

GET OVER IT !!!!

Didn't even know they had cities in the west, just thought it was some mad max style nomad stuff with the occasional digging of big holes, can't blame the kids for wanting to head home to civilization.

Make contracts 3 years sign on + 2 years matching rights and pay everyone WAY more or this issue will never go away. IMO the WA clubs have done it very well, they have a very good retention rate of Vic/SA players and get the go home WA boys aswell. Which gun Vic players have asked out of WCE/Freo besides Cerra in the last 10 years? Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Darcy all seem committed, and Eagles have had Shuey, Duggan, Gaff all sign on for their careers. Can't think of anyone else who's had homesickness of the top of my head. I like to think clubs will still draft the best talent and back themselves in to keep them, but it might not be the reality anymore.

What go home WA boys?

And we arent talking about the ones who arent any good.

Eagles have Kelly, Cripps and Yeo. Yeo was low balled $$$$ by the Lions. Kelly had three kids under 5. Cripps was 10 years ago.

JK had to be convinced to come home as part of the Judd trade, was happy to stay.

SPS was shown the door at Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back