Prediction Draft Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

No, they really aren't. Particularly about contracted players who may be the subject of negotiations 12 months down the track.

I'm not sure why you think the club owes you an explanation or running commentary of negotiations, because they simply don't. We're not talking about an amateur club playing in an amateur competition.

The club don’t have to answer anything if they don’t want to.
But this is the age of communication and it appears Cain Liddle is rightly extremely sensitive to membership.
Everyone is/should be accountable for their performance in the end.
One simple question.
Never answered definitively ...

Not in this situation. Every member of the administration is accountable for the overall well being of the club. A simple answer to that question is not in the best interests of the club long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing for us to think about is he genuinely lacks ‘class’ and our midfield is crying out for that.

Is it?

I think we've got some class, we're just not using those players to the best of their ability. SPS, Fisher, O'Brien, they're all at their best when receiving the ball with a bit of space to work with. Even Cripps has shown himself to be a damaging field kick at times, though usually after his burst out of a pack and gone for a bit of a run. Seems a safe-ish bet we can add Martin to that mix too.

I don't think our list is necessarily lacking for midfield grunt, either, we've addressed that need with Dow, Kennedy and Stocker. Issue is that Kennedy has had injuries, and Dow and Stocker are still young and raw.

We've also got some young balanced midfield types in Walsh and Setterfield.

Cripps, Walsh, Dow, Stocker, Kennedy
feeding the ball out to Martin, SPS, Setterfield, Fisher, O'Brien
with rotations from Cuningham, JSOS, Gibbons

Very confident at least three of the first group will make it long-term.
Ditto at least three of the second group.
The final group is a little more speculative in some ways, but any overflow from the first two groups bolster that rotation pool anyway.

I don't think we necessarily need either class or grunt, just whichever option presents a talented player with a strong competitive instinct. If we're trying to split one from either camp, I do think a more outside-leaning draftee with pace would represent the best selection, simply because they'd likely have the versatility to play a supporting role forward or back while they and the list continues to develop.

Steohwsn
Is it?

I think we've got some class, we're just not using those players to the best of their ability. SPS, Fisher, O'Brien, they're all at their best when receiving the ball with a bit of space to work with. Even Cripps has shown himself to be a damaging field kick at times, though usually after his burst out of a pack and gone for a bit of a run. Seems a safe-ish bet we can add Martin to that mix too.

I don't think our list is necessarily lacking for midfield grunt, either, we've addressed that need with Dow, Kennedy and Stocker. Issue is that Kennedy has had injuries, and Dow and Stocker are still young and raw.

We've also got some young balanced midfield types in Walsh and Setterfield.

Cripps, Walsh, Dow, Stocker, Kennedy
feeding the ball out to Martin, SPS, Setterfield, Fisher, O'Brien
with rotations from Cuningham, JSOS, Gibbons

Very confident at least three of the first group will make it long-term.
Ditto at least three of the second group.
The final group is a little more speculative in some ways, but any overflow from the first two groups bolster that rotation pool anyway.

I don't think we necessarily need either class or grunt, just whichever option presents a talented player with a strong competitive instinct. If we're trying to split one from either camp, I do think a more outside-leaning draftee with pace would represent the best selection, simply because they'd likely have the versatility to play a supporting role forward or back while they and the list continues to develop.
sPs is playing backline, Fish is play ragdoll (and therefore not mid). Leaves LOB. I think we lack class in midfield.

Just watched another WA game today. I like Robertson but he’s a late first in my view.

Gee I wish Liam Henry wasn’t tied to Freo. Kid is a ripper.

No, just understand that a public statement may undermine our credibility in the broader football community. Happy SOS and Co made a decision to hold strong and they are not accountable to a nobody like me as to the circumstances.

Where the * did you come from campaigner ... you should post more LIFT!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back