Remove this Banner Ad

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Counting down with a preview of each pick, enjoy.

If Perez was that highly rated a few years ago, I hope we're looking at him with our later selections.

Back Russell in to get his body right.

I know Henry is tied to Fremantle, but we're light on videos at that stage.

And as any self-disrespecting youtube recruiting expert would know, there's nothing better than forming an opinion of a player based on a 2 min highlights clip!!!

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

And as any self-disrespecting youtube recruiting expert would know, there's nothing better than forming an opinion of a player based on a 2 min highlights clip!!!

Kid looks like a real gun and love his kicking and agility

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

I’ve watched a lot of his games in full FB. He’s all class. Doesn’t know how to fumble. My favourite trait.

I’ve watched a lot of his games in full FB. He’s all class. Doesn’t know how to fumble. My favourite trait.

If he's willing to learn, I could teach him....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
Terry, I saw jai jackson raised as a possible late pick by PMBangers . Is he worth a look? Also is Garcia worth a shot late too?
Garcia definitely is worth a late pick, Shame he did his acl as he was playing well at the time had about 9 touches half way through the first Qtr when he went down.

Yubby

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa
The video of Ash reminds me of the year that Walker played off the half-back line. Explosive pace off the backline direct and in a straight line as opposed to Saad style running laterally. Walker was fantastic that year but then got moved to the forward line the next season and kicked a heap of goals... and stood on a head or two and had a better season!

LOb is bigger but more outside. Probably a longer kick but less reliable. Stephens has much better awareness in traffic. Reads the play better than LOB too.
I think LOB could play wing/half back.
I think Stephens is more wing/midfield.

I agree, although that doesn't make us right.
Nevertheless, a very good observation.

Hayden Young reminds me of Nick Haynes and who wouldn't like to have Nick Haynes?

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Hayden Young reminds me of Nick Haynes and who wouldn't like to have Nick Haynes?

Young is an interesting one for me. Last year in the games i saw he was playing with more flair imo, as you say a little like Nick Haynes. He was attacking the ball in the air and running with the ball.

This year i thought he was a little more conservative except for his kicking which he maintained some flair with. This is not a bad thing btw, he was probably doing what he was advised to do a fair bit. Point i'm sorta making, is yeah he is a bit like Nick Haynes. Well rounded player.

I can't quite get a handle on him where i wanna place him, sometimes it's closer to 3, sometimes it's closer to 8 or 9. I think he's a certainty to be a good AFL player though.

Young is an interesting one for me. Last year in the games i saw he was playing with more flair imo, as you say a little like Nick Haynes. He was attacking the ball in the air and running with the ball.

This year i thought he was a little more conservative except for his kicking which he maintained some flair with. This is not a bad thing btw, he was probably doing what he was advised to do a fair bit. Point i'm sorta making, is yeah he is a bit like Nick Haynes. Well rounded player.

I can't quite get a handle on him where i wanna place him, sometimes it's closer to 3, sometimes it's closer to 8 or 9. I think he's a certainty to be a good AFL player though.

I didn't get to any games at all this year, so really have little a pulse on things, but I find Young interesting.

One thing though having not watched any junior football this year, the players I'll like could (and will) be all over the shop and the only players I'll care about are the ones I see to be applicable for Carlton, hence they won't be about the best players as much as the most suitable players.

Reckon we'll have a good idea on our draft pick holding soon enough.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

I’d love to have Young. For me he’s a better kicking left footed Tom Stewart. And that’s really saying something. He’s super clever one on one. Beautiful kick. Like truly beautiful kick. Like Hodge level. Not sure he has brilliant straight line speed but it’s good enough. Great hands. Really good with the ball at his feet. He’s a future AA. Zero hope he’s there for us unfort.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I didn't get to any games at all this year, so really have little a pulse on things, but I find Young interesting.

One thing though having not watched any junior football this year, the players I'll like could (and will) be all over the shop and the only players I'll care about are the ones I see to be applicable for Carlton, hence they won't be about the best players as much as the most suitable players.

Reckon we'll have a good idea on our draft pick holding soon enough.
I’m running at 2 junior footy games a day on video in full at the moment (don’t ask why!). I’ve gone from not knowing any of them to being able to explain their mother’s cooking weaknesses in detail.

I’m pretty clear in my own mind that:
- Obvs Anderson and Rowell are gone
- green is gone (gee he’s ******* good)
- Flanders is SO dangerous up forward and competent mid he’s def gone
- Young is too good to not be gone

I’m 90 percent sure GWS will trade up with Melb. Pushing us down to 10.

So I see the above 5 as certainly gone. I think it’s extremely likely Jackson is gone (to Melb or Freo). I think Stephens and Ash are likely gone.

Leaves Serong and Kemp as the two of which one most likely drops for mine. I personally think they, along with Henry, are the top group. I think there’s a little gap to the next player. Just how I’m seeing it. Why Serong and Kemp? Serong is smallish (like Flanders) but doesn’t have his power. He’s still very good. Very good below his knees. Decent skills. Goal sense. Kemp obviously the knee injury and maybe lack of ball winning although I think that’s largely due to not playing on ball much. I don’t really get how so many people have Serong at 3. That would stun me. I’d be happy to have either on the list. Not a bad consolation prize for missing Kemp if it ends up this way.

Last edited:

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
DD: if gws trade (6) + something with Melbourne for pick 3, it means they pick a player before Green is bid on. They won’t pick Green with 3. Most likely Sydney bid on Green at 5. Gws match with later points. Sydney move down from 5 to 6. We move down from 9 to 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back