Prediction Draft Videos

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I feel Pickett would be on our minds @ pick 9, if the genuine midfield talent like Stephens are gone.
Looking back in a few years, that would make for interesting discussion....
If we were that made for Pickett we should trade with GC or Cats for later picks. We’d end up with a later first and a second rounder. Take him with the second rounder.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Would be a massive reach IMO

If we were prepared to pull the trigger that early on Pickett, I’d look to deal with GC for 15 and 20 - and get another bite of the cherry in the first round for a potential slider.

If we were that made for Pickett we should trade with GC or Cats for later picks. We’d end up with a later first and a second rounder. Take him with the second rounder.

Fair call guys but I don’t believe he will last further then 12-15. Let’s see.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Pickett is the type of player we always miss out on. We watch the likes of Richmond and West Coast draft these types and years later we bemoan that we have no exciting small forwards.

Pickett would be great. He looks like he will be able to make an impact at AFL level
Agree as well, Pickett and if we snare Jack Martin and given Eddie Betts is home, we’ll have the magic tris, that’s urgently needed.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Fair call guys but I don’t believe he will last further then 12-15. Let’s see.

Agree Pickett is special and should be able to impact a game fairly early could go anywhere from picks 8 to 12.
I’d go for Liam Henry too obvious finesse and very talented but he’s a lightweight so may just be pushed off the ball may take longer.
Pickett has some grunt already I think he’s a very good choice will have a great mentors in Eddie Betts and Jack Martin.

Last edited:

PumpyChowdown

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
SUNS Maple Leafs Titans Liverpool
What's the knock on Pickett? Judging by the 1 minute and 23 seconds I've seen of him he looks every bit a first rounder. Extremely clean hands below his knees, strong in the hips and strong forward pressure with good vision. Exactly what we need and someone who would thrive with Eddie as his mentor. He reminds me a bit of Cyril.

Talk me out of him, please.

I have watched several videos. I want Kemp, Ash, Stephens, Henry, Robertson, Serong and Flanders. If we miss out on a single one, I'm going to be angry.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I have watched several videos. I want Kemp, Ash, Stephens, Henry, Robertson, Serong and Flanders. If we miss out on a single one, I'm going to be angry.
Do you mean to say that you'll be angry if we don't end up with at least one of those you mentioned? or that you'll be angry if we don't get them all?

images

ray8182

All Australian
Sep 11, 2008
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
What's the knock on Pickett? Judging by the 1 minute and 23 seconds I've seen of him he looks every bit a first rounder. Extremely clean hands below his knees, strong in the hips and strong forward pressure with good vision. Exactly what we need and someone who would thrive with Eddie as his mentor. He reminds me a bit of Cyril.

Talk me out of him, please.

Lack of involvement from what lve read. Highlights are great though. Looks like has everything you might want but l think clubs might be reluctant to use first rounder on him.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you mean to say that you'll be angry if we don't end up with at least one of those you mentioned? or that you'll be angry if we don't get them all?

All of them of course.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
DD: if gws trade (6) + something with Melbourne for pick 3, it means they pick a player before Green is bid on. They won’t pick Green with 3. Most likely Sydney bid on Green at 5. Gws match with later points. Sydney move down from 5 to 6. We move down from 9 to 10.

So.....Melbourne could flower us twice - national and psd draft. I think Gary Lyon will like this.....

ray8182

All Australian
Sep 11, 2008
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
He’s Sam Docherty. All over again. Really big fan.

Based on those highlights Ash’s disposal when running at top speed was excellent. Probably what impresses me the most about him. A lot of players just can’t kick like that at full pace.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Back