List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone think of a bigger surprise first round draft pick?

A Bulldogs mate of mine suggested Christian Howard at 15 in in 2009
Dean Towers to Sydney at 22 in 2012?
Blaine Boekhorst to Carlton at 19 in 2014?

Not saying he'll end up like those, but just that it is unusual for someone to fly that much under the radar. Any other surprise early picks anyone can think of?

Tom Gilligan?

Emma Quayle's wrap:
Adelaide
Pick 11 Wayne Milera, 17 Tom Doedee

Milera was an obvious choice for the Crows, a player who will add some spark and skill to their forward line and midfield. The club then pulled two of the draft's big surprises. First, they bid for GWS Academy player Harrison Himmelberg, at an early enough point for them to have a genuine chance of getting the tall forward. Instead, the Giants matched. The Crows' next choice, Doedee, came in reasonably high, but Adelaide took only two picks and the second-rounder they gave up as part of the Troy Menzel deal might not have been enough to get him. When you consider the Crows brought in some "outside" types during the trade period, there is some logic in them complementing that with a competitive, one-on-one type. Doedee is reasonably new to football having played a lot of basketball, and plenty of kids this year found him a really tough opponent.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-national-draft-2015-your-clubs-approach-20151125-gl7z52.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, imagine the reactions on here if we had drafted Harley Balic..
Honestly, looking at the draft highlights of both Balic and Doedee, I have to say personally, Doedee's are much more impressive IMHO. Clean pair of hands both low and in the air, good kicks and strong in one on one contest.

They said on 5AA its actually mill-er-a

This really doesn't help. I don't see a difference with mill-er-uh, and mill-er-a

Is it 'a' as in HEY, 'a' as in FAH

Is it 'er' like fath-ER, or 'er' as in ER-a (I say EAR-AH, not ERRAH)

Typing pronunciation sucks.

I would think it's MILL-EAR-RAH

This really doesn't help. I don't see a difference with mill-er-uh, and mill-er-a

Is it 'a' as in HEY, 'a' as in FAH

Is it 'er' like fath-ER, or 'er' as in ER-a (I say EAR-AH, not ERRAH)

Typing pronunciation sucks.

I would think it's MILL-EAR-RAH
No you pronounce miller in the nomral way and add an a. I think :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back