List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Watch - Depth Chart In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Twomey has us in line for Tassie boy Chance Jones think he played a fair bit of senior footy but unaware how his carnival went. Know someone who played alongside him at rep level last year said he is a jet.
To those more closely following the draft scene what's he like ?
Have posted before about this kid, have seen him grow up although hadn't watched him play much until this year because he left my local club at a young age to play at a higher level. Real level headed kid, just an old school footballer, no real tricks but would fit into our system perfectly. Has reasonable speed and boars in hard. Personally I think we will go more down the path of a bigger sized mid with our first pick but would take him for sure if he slides.

I’m so excited about this draft
Hoping to get stocker/Collier Dawkins at our pick

Sam fletcher from the stingrays would be a great get too
So many good players this year
People wanting rejects from other clubs should put their focus on the draft. Will be a bunch of mature age gems that we can mould too.
Get excited!

I’m so excited about this draft
Hoping to get stocker/Collier Dawkins at our pick

Sam fletcher from the stingrays would be a great get too
So many good players this year
People wanting rejects from other clubs should put their focus on the draft. Will be a bunch of mature age gems that we can mould too.
Get excited!
Agree, with some of the names being traded better can be found in the Draft.

I think if Stocker/Dawkins are gone we should go for Ian Hill.
With the new starting positions he would be a good get.
Id back us in to keep him from going back to WA as well.

POS: Midfielder/half-forward
Ht 175cm, Wt 76kg, DOB 9/2/00
From Perth/Western Australia
September ranking: 14

Unfortunately Hill wasn't able to show his genuine speed at the Draft Combine as he nursed his shoulder after another round of surgery that prematurely ended his season. But that wouldn't have proved much to recruiters anyway, given they know Hill's sublime ability to run and carry the footy. Hill is capable of the spectacular and will provide highlights at the next level once he adds some more muscle to his light frame.

I think if Stocker/Dawkins are gone we should go for Ian Hill.
With the new starting positions he would be a good get.
Id back us in to keep him from going back to WA as well.

POS: Midfielder/half-forward
Ht 175cm, Wt 76kg, DOB 9/2/00
From Perth/Western Australia
September ranking: 14

Unfortunately Hill wasn't able to show his genuine speed at the Draft Combine as he nursed his shoulder after another round of surgery that prematurely ended his season. But that wouldn't have proved much to recruiters anyway, given they know Hill's sublime ability to run and carry the footy. Hill is capable of the spectacular and will provide highlights at the next level once he adds some more muscle to his light frame.

Think we have enough of these types though don't you?

Ned McHenry dominated my sons junior team at Macedon from the moment he turned up at Auskick bouncing the ball with both hands and snapping goals on both sides.
Was sad for us to see him leave for Portarlington, but have not been surprised to see his development through the Falcons.
Amazingly evasive, huge tank, fast thinker and the best tackler in the draft crop.
Will be a midfielder, just not the big bodied type we all seem obsessed by on bigfooty.
There won’t be any big bodied mids left with anything near his skill set by the time pick 17 comes around so why take the risk on a less capable player just because they are taller.
I reckon Ned will be a ripper player and look forward to seeing where he goes... just quietly, I’d like it to be to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ned McHenry dominated my sons junior team at Macedon from the moment he turned up at Auskick bouncing the ball with both hands and snapping goals on both sides.
Was sad for us to see him leave for Portarlington, but have not been surprised to see his development through the Falcons.
Amazingly evasive, huge tank, fast thinker and the best tackler in the draft crop.
Will be a midfielder, just not the big bodied type we all seem obsessed by on bigfooty.
There won’t be any big bodied mids left with anything near his skill set by the time pick 17 comes around so why take the risk on a less capable player just because they are taller.
I reckon Ned will be a ripper player and look forward to seeing where he goes... just quietly, I’d like it to be to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The way this guy plays is tailor made for our game plan.

With the trade period coming to an end looking at our first pick what’s everyone think of Stoker
Will he be around the mark for us? Looks like the inside bull we are craving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the trade period coming to an end looking at our first pick what’s everyone think of Stoker
Will he be around the mark for us? Looks like the inside bull we are craving
I'm hopeful we can land Stocker (ideal scenario) or Valente with 17 if we are going for a specific inside mid need rather than "best available".

Then we just hope we somehow luck out with a slider at 37 i.e. Ely Smith, Xavier O'Halloran, Xavier Duursma but I don't like our odds there.

Don't even think we'll bother with the picks after 37 unless a kid we rate slides a hell of a long way. We can pick up mature age recruits as rookies and then piss them off after a year if need be.

17, 37, 64, 68 & 74 is our current hand (74 worth 0pts)
I'd hope we are planning on upgrading picks as this stage.
5 snr list spots available atm (pending Drummond, Townsend contracts)
Looking at all the players we have let go one thing stands out, they all not that quick so i am assuming we're looking at getting quick players in.

I'm hopeful we can land Stocker (ideal scenario) or Valente with 17 if we are going for a specific inside mid need rather than "best available".

Then we just hope we somehow luck out with a slider at 37 i.e. Ely Smith, Xavier O'Halloran, Xavier Duursma but I don't like our odds there.
AFL Draft Central have Stocker at 11, Valente at 31, Ely Smith at 37, Xavier O'Halloran at 21 and Xavier Duursma at 13 in their October power rankings.

O'Halloran at 17 and Valente at 37 would be quite a handy return. If we could work our way into another top 40 pick we could scoop the pool so to speak.

Last edited:
17, 37, 64, 68 & 74 is our current hand (74 worth 0pts)
I'd hope we are planning on upgrading picks as this stage.
5 snr list spots available atm (pending Drummond, Townsend contracts)
Looking at all the players we have let go one thing stands out, they all not that quick so i am assuming we're looking at getting quick players in.
I’d make the call on Soldo as well and delist
Drummond surely gone
Towna 50/50.
That’d mean 8 Nd/ rookie picks.

Gone: Ellis, Concs, Lloyd, Miles,Stengel, Griff, Hammer, Soldo, Drummond

37,64,68 and 74 will all move forward with the amount of matching that will happen. At this stage (depending where the bids come) lolnorff (Thomas, Scott) will lose all their picks (and go into deficet), Swans (Blakey) most of their picks in the 20's, Dogs (West) and Pies (Quaynor, Kelly) will also need to match bids that will eat up their 2nd rounders plus more.

37,64,68 and 74 will all move forward with the amount of matching that will happen. At this stage (depending where the bids come) lolnorff (Thomas, Scott) will lose all their picks (and go into deficet), Swans (Blakey) most of their picks in the 20's, Dogs (West) and Pies (Quaynor, Kelly) will also need to match bids that will eat up their 2nd rounders plus more.
Which is when live pick trading could become interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back