Recruiting Draft Watch 2020

Which do you prefer, if you have to choose?

• Nik Cox

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Zach Reid

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

IF we get pick #2, Crouch or not, surely we select Hollands any day of the week.( Unless Crows take him obviously)

He seems to be EXACTLY what we need the big bodied mid.

IF we get pick #2, Crouch or not, surely we select Hollands any day of the week.( Unless Crows take him obviously)

He seems to be EXACTLY what we need the big bodied mid.

The implication is Crows will take Hollands at number 1. We wouldn't trade up to 2 to get McDonald if he was off the table and Crows wouldn't trade down to get Thilthorpe if he was.

The implication is Crows will take Hollands at number 1. We wouldn't trade up to 2 to get McDonald if he was off the table and Crows wouldn't trade down to get Thilthorpe if he was.

What Yoda_ posted is my thoughts. I think they're taking Thilthorp at 1.

What Yoda_ posted is my thoughts. I think they're taking Thilthorp at 1.

If Hollands is available I'd definitely trade up. McDonald I'm not sold on yet. Numbers are great but the eye test leaves a bit of want in regards to his contested work. At the moment I'm not convinced he's more than Jack Watts/Schache hybrid. Does appear to have good second efforts though, so he'll probably be effective at AFL level but just how elite can you be without great contested work as a key forward. I'd have to see him live to see if he's got that early Josh Kennedy style body work.

If Hollands is available I'd definitely trade up. McDonald I'm not sold on yet. Numbers are great but the eye test leaves a bit of want in regards to his contested work. At the moment I'm not convinced he's more than Jack Watts/Schache hybrid. Does appear to have good second efforts though, so he'll probably be effective at AFL level but just how elite can you be without great contested work as a key forward. I'd have to see him live to see if he's got that early Josh Kennedy style body work.
Mcdonald a much bigger presence in the air than schache

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redden is a big boi
Always has been a big unit.

Will they be able to ignore Rowe if he ends up with 50 goals this year?

Many WWT Eagles players looking like they are straight from local footy - by their body shape.
One of them is Jesse Lonergan. Who this board has loved to talk about as a big bodied midfielder. Well, he is certainly big now.

What’s McDonalds injury history like???

Never watched him but hope he’s not another Gumby.

Funny thing is, Selwood was also recovering from knee injury wasn’t he and Gumby was WA and Norf would have next pick if we drafted McDonald at 2? Eery

What’s McDonalds injury history like???

Never watched him but hope he’s not another Gumby.

Funny thing is, Selwood was also recovering from knee injury wasn’t he and Gumby was WA and Norf would have next pick if we drafted McDonald at 2? Eery
Gumby had virtually no injuries as a junior.

Rowe turned the game. Very few read the ball off hands better than him.

Jacob Wehr just keeps getting better. I haven't seen him play with as much confidence as this. Has set up multiple goals with his kicking.

You don't delist a 26 year old Gleeson just after losing your 2 half backs

Jordan Clark a player to consider? Would require something big to get the cats to accept deal but they've been known in some cases to help player get where they want. Gun half back

You don't delist a 26 year old Gleeson just after losing your 2 half backs

Jordan Clark a player to consider? Would require something big to get the cats to accept deal but they've been known in some cases to help player get where they want. Gun half back
Gleeson isn’t a high half back though. You don’t want the ball in his hands these days

I can see it now, we trade in Caldwell and draft Phillips and then we get hammered on the inside by having absolutely no size next year and there'll be some saying "Oh we should draft player x this year, 180/75 inside mid, but really aggressive".

We need to be projecting 2-3 years ahead, WGAS about next year?

I can see it now, we trade in Caldwell and draft Phillips and then we get hammered on the inside by having absolutely no size next year and there'll be some saying "Oh we should draft player x this year, 180/75 inside mid, but really aggressive".

We're getting belted on the inside no matter what next year unless Oliver comes which ain't happening

Back