Recruiting Draft Watch 2020

Which do you prefer, if you have to choose?

• Nik Cox

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Zach Reid

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the WA game, Brockman should definitely be on our wish list. Jack Martin/SPS like. Would like to see more work rate off the ball but dominant when near it. Quality marking small that we need.
That was his best game this year, he has had an up and down season and lacking consistency quarter to quarter but certainly has raw talent.

That was his best game this year, he has had an up and down season and lacking consistency quarter to quarter but certainly has raw talent.

He appears to be one of those blokes with linguini arms that is deceptively strong. Capable of being very explosively.

More than anything I think we need to look at complementary players and he seems to have tools that we lack. What’s his range?

He appears to be one of those blokes with linguini arms that is deceptively strong. Capable of being very explosively.

More than anything I think we need to look at complementary players and he seems to have tools that we lack. What’s his range?
He is late/rookie at this stage. He was a state combine invite rather than national so has less club interest than about 12 other WA players

He is late/rookie at this stage. He was a state combine invite rather than national so has less club interest than about 12 other WA players
Where are the state combine invites?

Surely we have a nibble, would have thought we’d be in the market for two+ small forwards late to help execute the forward half game plan Ruttens spoken of.

Cody Brand
Calder Cannons, NAB League / Sunbury / PEGS
Height: 195cm
Weight: 84kg
23/05/02
Tall defender whose weapon is his overhead marking with the ability to go forward adding another string to his bow. Represented Team Dal Santo in NAB AFL Futures game in 2019 with his mobility and long kicking further features of his game. Played 10 matches as a 17-year-old last year with the Calder Cannons in the NAB League and was appointed captain of Essendon Grammar for 2020 indicating his leadership potential. Eligible for Essendon in Draft under the Next Generation Academy rules.

Shifter on Brand.

Liken Brockman most to a Brandon Parfitt

I'm not sure he's bad a good enough year to get picked but another big state game outing would do him wonders. The things is he's probably not in a 22-30 man team/squad any other year and didn't get to see that performance.

Let's see how he goes with less dominance up the field

Would people prefer pick 13 this year or Carlton's first next year?

I think Saad gets done for next year's first. Make Carlton think they're going to be that good. Even if they finish 6th we get pick 13 in a stronger draft. Put that on them

Would people prefer pick 13 this year or Carlton's first next year?

I think Saad gets done for next year's first. Make Carlton think they're going to be that good. Even if they finish 6th we get pick 13 in a stronger draft. Put that on them
Next years would work for me is it was that.

eDPS, can you tell us about Nigel Lockyer Jnr at all? Is there any likelihood he's picked up by us, I guess in the Rookie Draft?
Not likely I think his best chance would be as a selection similar to Crauford. He is killing it up in the NT right mostly because he is playing in his preferred position up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not likely I think his best chance would be as a selection similar to Crauford. He is killing it up in the NT right mostly because he is playing in his preferred position up forward

Would his brief time at Essendon help his cause and wasn’t he tracking better than Teakle?

Snelling & Clarke can play roles. Cahill should get time.
Lonie is out there and still quite young.

On HFF/mids, i like the vision and reading on Perkins.
If we've got enough picks in the first 20 odd, adding Perkins, O'Driscoll & Carroll/Trew would be good.
Then a move up if Callow is still there around the 30 mark.
Would have Baldwin before callow

Would have Baldwin before callow
wonder how long he'll last though. Crows gotta be looking at him as an SA option.
interesting to read the different draft predictions. def gonna watch this years. seems less a formality (plus we're involved again)

Callow looks a beast option to give some time.

Isiah Winder - Very impressive again. Had the ball going there way and was playing a half forward role. I'd like to see more of how he goes when the ball in his field of play the whole time. Loves to get forward of the ball.

He's probably the only one to really report out of it

M.Mallard - Very impressive ruckmen. Basically a left footed Ryder. His kicking skills and decision making elite and a good athlete with good spring to him and has decent size. I'm not sure how comfortable he is with moving away from WA?

DGB - The key defender very impressive again. His hands are some of the best I've seen. His kicking pretty good off the step but when running it can lack a little. Windy conditions don't help. I think he's only a defender even though clubs want to see what he can do forward. If the clubs confident Francis is on the way out then I'd be happy to grab him if we have 2 other top 13 ish picks.

Won't get past Fremantle and likely go much earlier.

Logan McDonald didn't play

I'm not sure who number 15 for Gold was eDPS did some ok things and some poor. Might be Trew. If it is I have question marks on him. The WAFL have him only listed as 184cm aswell

Number 13 for Gold was impressive. Still slightly built. Maybe Josh Browne

Logan McDonald didn't play and not sure why. Maybe felt it was better not to

Isiah Winder - Very impressive again. Had the ball going there way and was playing a half forward role. I'd like to see more of how he goes when the ball in his field of play the whole time. Loves to get forward of the ball.

M.Mallard - Very impressive ruckmen. Basically a left footed Ryder. His kicking skills and decision making elite and a good athlete with good spring to him and has decent size. I'm not sure how comfortable he is with moving away from WA?

DGB - The key defender very impressive again. His hands are some of the best I've seen. His kicking pretty good off the step but when running it can lack a little. Windy conditions don't help. I think he's only a defender even though clubs want to see what he can do forward. If the clubs confident Francis is on the way out then I'd be happy to grab him if we have 2 other top 13 ish picks.

I'm not sure who number 15 for Gold was eDPS did some ok things and some poor. Might be Trew. If it is I have question marks on him. The WAFL have him only listed as 184cm aswell

15 was Kalani Brooks
A811A67C-E703-4D18-AA57-E4A0CCE0BCCC.jpeg

I know eth-dog has a pretty decent argument why Fremantle doesn't need a KPD. Especially trying to get a top end one when they already have useful enough guys holding the key posts.

I know eth-dog has a pretty decent argument why Fremantle doesn't need a KPD. Especially trying to get a top end one when they already have useful enough guys holding the key posts.

They have a few young key defenders but I'd say if they grabbed him they'd look to move Pearce on

He will also take time, he's very skinny

Honestly Freo are one of the very few clubs that have no outstanding needs except more experience. Maybe a winger but they can just go best available.

Back