Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
And Dylan Clarke I think too?

I'm not sure if there's a limit to train-on players, but there probably is
We had three at one point last year.

At the moment we have 36 senior listed players (including draftees, Jake Kelly and Snelling upgrade) and 3 Cat A rookies.

As we have 36 on the primary list we can have up to 3 more rookies. I imagine that we might use one pick tomorrow and then have a group of players as train ons for the last two spots.

Keystone agony

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

At the moment we have 36 senior listed players (including draftees, Jake Kelly and Snelling upgrade) and 3 Cat A rookies.

As we have 36 on the primary list we can have up to 3 more rookies. I imagine that we might use one pick tomorrow and then have a group of players as train ons for the last two spots.
Is Mcbride Cat B? Even though he started as Cat A

Keystone agony

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Read my original comment about list numbers again, come back to me
Your original statement says:

says 39 making out wed have 3 spots left

Ive just shown you if Mcbride is still a Cat A then we only have 2 spots left rookie or PSP

It seems we arent sure if Mcrbide is Cat B or Cat A now, that too much of a query to ask?

and as you later on declared Mcbride is Cat A then it would mean we can only take 2 rookie picks/PSP

TheGrizz

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Your original statement says:

says 39 making out wed have 3 spots left

Ive just shown you if Mcbride is still a Cat A then we only have 2 spots left rookie or PSP

It seems we arent sure if Mcrbide is Cat B or Cat A now, that too much of a query to ask?
No, it's 36 INCLUDING the draftees as my original comment clearly says. So 33 before the draft plus 3.

Baldwin is the 3rd rookie. Not McBride who is Cat B.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keystone agony

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
No, it's 36 INCLUDING the draftees as my original comment clearly says. So 33 before the draft plus 3.

Baldwin is the 3rd rookie. Not McBride who is Cat B must have got my wires crossed there
Whichever way you want to look at if Mcbride is a CAT A like you said then we only have 2 Rookie picks/PSP available, not 3!

TheGrizz

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm never really too upset with pick 50+ because almost all of those picks are speculative (unless we passed on a genuine slider like Draper). I also don't know much about those players so I'm not really qualified to speak about them.

Happy to back the players in, though it does beg the question of why we were so hesitant to select players like Dunstan if we were going to take a mature player.

It did however suck that we didn't have a second rounder in a deep draft. Not many clubs were willing to trade. If only Collingwood didn't trade up to select Draper.

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
I'm never really too upset with pick 50+ because almost all of those picks are speculative (unless we passed on a genuine slider like Draper). I also don't know much about those players so I'm not really qualified to speak about them.

Happy to back the players in, though it does beg the question of why we were so hesitant to select players like Dunstan if we were going to take a mature player.

It did however suck that we didn't have a second rounder in a deep draft. Not many clubs were willing to trade. If only Collingwood didn't trade up to select Draper.
McDonagh is more versatile. And a much better kick.

Taylor and Draper going before our two picks does hurt a lot.

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Out marks Shaun McKernan in the highlights package atleast and doesn’t look slow at all
I've also seen him get outmarked by players smaller than him and not known for marking. I can really only judge on what I've seen live (I generally don't like watching highlights packages).

He'd probably be one of the slowest non KPP's we have on our list

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad