Recruiting Draft Watch 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to look to the mid season draft. Any 19 year olds that were overlooked starting to show their wares in the state league games? Looks like we'll have three picks avaliable.

NAB league really kicks off next week, the app is now actually good for scores and stats, which is handy.

I’m earmarking Liam Conway, could be another Archie Perkins

Hopefully there is a few good mature agers or kids that were missed

Cutler is cut at end of season
Zaka is cooked
Hooker is gassed but our only big tall gorilla
Hurley may or may not get back on the field
Ham just doesn't have the strength goes down easily

Bring in some kids plus get pick 1 2 3 at the end of the year

Hopefully there is a few good mature agers or kids that were missed

Cutler is cut at end of season
Zaka is cooked
Hooker is gassed but our only big tall gorilla
Hurley may or may not get back on the field
Ham just doesn't have the strength goes down easily

Bring in some kids plus get pick 1 2 3 at the end of the year

Gleese also goes for me.

If his body fails, Ambrose likewise.
Phillips a 3rd name.
Guelf a possible 4th.
McBride a 5th.
Redman a 6th.

Zerk gets one more year to show his wares.

Francis is a waver.

Stewart a goner.

One of many around our pick at this stage, he isn’t quite a tall mid but certainly contested enough compared to others we have and he is very dangerous forward of centre and can take a strong grab aswell.

You've got a big year ahead of you 😂

One of many around our pick at this stage, he isn’t quite a tall mid but certainly contested enough compared to others we have and he is very dangerous forward of centre and can take a strong grab aswell.

Where is Sinn starting for Sandy? HB or Mid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is there still a mid season draft?

If so, get a Mumford type ruckmen for 1 year deal, seeing Phillips has gone awol.

Not convinced by what you’ve seen of Wright, Jones and Eyre so far?

Wright I doubt ever amounts to a genuine finals contending #1 forward.

Jones is a 3rd tall who could play 2nd tall at a stretch whilst Eyre reminds me more of Buddy Franklin than Josh Kennedy as a fwd.

A stay at home forward is what I’d still like to close a deal on. Baldwin is a free hit per se but coming from a long way back (exposed form and injury) and don’t want to hinge all hope on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wright I doubt ever amounts to a genuine finals contending #1 forward.

Jones is a 3rd tall who could play 2nd tall at a stretch whilst Eyre reminds me more of Buddy Franklin than Josh Kennedy as a fwd.

A stay at home forward is what I’d still like to close a deal on. Baldwin is a free hit per se but coming from a long way back (exposed form and injury) and don’t want to hinge all hope on him.

If we're lucky all 3 of Jones, Eyre & Baldwin translate into a functioning forward line up.
With Cox potentially providing a dangerous option between the arcs pushing back and forward.

I'd still like a monster. Jackson Callow looked ideal as a Hawkins-esque option.

On Wright, with the game opening up the way it has, we need to learn strong leading patterns in the forward line, then get the mids hitting those leads up.
Wright should have the height and size to win 1:1 contests.

I wouldn’t be opposed to taking the WA key forward if Horne goes before us.

Surely its mid time? Jones, Bryan, Cox, Reid, Baldwin, Eyre, Draper, Brand are all still developing talls. We've really only got 2 mids developing in Caldwell and Perkins and he really is looking more like a forward/mid. Happy enough that we stocked up talls first but we really need to just build a midfield for once. Midfields are proven to take teams to a premiership with bog average talls around them.

Surely its mid time? Jones, Bryan, Cox, Reid, Baldwin, Eyre, Draper, Brand are all still developing talls. We've really only got 2 mids developing in Caldwell and Perkins and he really is looking more like a forward/mid. Happy enough that we stocked up talls first but we really need to just build a midfield for once. Midfields are proven to take teams to a premiership with bog average talls around them.
Mids that can run all day should be high on our radar.

Hard running both ways, good kicks. Bit of size and mongrel. Is it too much to ask?

Spot on. Go Jack Graham clones every pick we take outside of the first round until we have 10 of them. These are the players that change the culture. Make players feel embarrassed for shirking contests again.

All I’m suggesting is the KPF’s who could take us forward I don’t rate that highly or are coming from a LONG way back.

If we have two picks in the top 5 like some predict us to get them taking the WA kid Van Rooy (sp eDPS ?) and a high quality mid should be our needs.

In saying that, we do need better flankers (both back and forward) but they can be found anywhere in the off season.

All I’m suggesting is the KPF’s who could take us forward I don’t rate that highly or are coming from a LONG way back.

If we have two picks in the top 5 like some predict us to get them taking the WA kid Van Rooy (sp eDPS ?) and a high quality mid should be our needs.

In saying that, we do need better flankers (both back and forward) but they can be found anywhere in the off season.

This draft has a a lot of variety in the top 30 so moving to get another 2nd rounder would be smart to fill that small defender spot.

I’d take the two best players available and one should be an inside mid anyway. A combo of Sinn/Draper or Sonsie/Johnson could work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back