Recruiting Draft Watch 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Those are insane numbers for a Ruckman/Key forward at any level. Are they colts stats?
Yep

ROUNDGRADEOPPOSITIONKHDMTHOFFFAGB
Round 22, 2021ColtsEast Perth10142413290021
Round 21, 2021ColtsWest Perth10102052162230
Round 19, 2021ColtsSubiaco914233293041
Round 18, 2021ColtsSouth Fremantle1672384102032
Round 17, 2021ColtsSwan Districts511160192100
Round 16, 2021ColtsClaremont88166270210
Round 15, 2021ColtsWest Perth47113160100
Round 14, 2021ColtsPeel Thunder3252031103
Round 11, 2021ColtsPerth3361482111

I'm wondering about the potential of moving up the draft order from two mid to late 3rd round picks to a late second or early 3rd. A few guys around that mark according to eDPS and andleanback are interesting to me, such as Miller Bergman or Colin McDonald.
Yeah I’m a fan of Connor Macdonald, very versatile player, I think he’ll land somewhere 25-45, it’s hard to say with the lack of footy played over 2 years and every club will have particular favorites. Yeah I hope if we trade in another early pick, that we find a way to have 2-3 picks in the 30-50 region, there’ll be a lot of gems on offer that could turn out to be better than many of the players taken early.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m a fan of Connor Macdonald, very versatile player, I think he’ll land somewhere 25-45, it’s hard to say with the lack of footy played over 2 years and every club with have particular favorites. Yeah I hope if we trade in another early pick, that we find a way to have 2-3 picks in the 30-50 region, there’ll be a lot of gems on offer that could turn out to be better than many of the players taken early.
I'm just thinking about potential list spots. Assuming Clarke and Cutler get another year, we make 1 or 2 trade/FA moves (Ronke/Hewett/Ross/Greaves) and we take Wanganeen and Moore as F/S we might only have 2 live picks by the end of it all. Trading up to a late 30's pick with Collingwood would make sense.

I'm just thinking about potential list spots. Assuming Clarke and Cutler get another year, we make 1 or 2 trade/FA moves (Ronke/Hewett/Ross/Greaves) and we take Wanganeen and Moore as F/S we might only have 2 live picks by the end of it all. Trading up to a late 30's pick with Collingwood would make sense.
I don’t think we’ll take wanganeen and moore tbh, havent done enough to deserve an afl list spot yet imo, same with misiti. Can’t hurt making them go back for their 19th year while allowing them to train with us over summer.

I don’t think we’ll take wanganeen and moore tbh, havent done enough to deserve an afl list spot yet imo, same with misiti. Can’t hurt making them go back for their 19th year while allowing them to train with us over summer.
I understand the point with Moore, but it'll be risky with Wanganeen if he decides to change his preference to Port next year. I'd be happy enough to just take him as a rookie if that were the case.

We will take Wanganeen, Moore might be leaning towards basketball aswell.

Pretty sure he has been playing basketball at a very high junior level, not sure how far he could take it but if he loves it 🤷‍♂️
He'd have to be ridiculously good to make it at his height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How tall is he?
183 cm. Putting it in perspective, Nathan Sobey is one of the shortest players in the NBL at 188.

183 cm. Putting it in perspective, Nathan Sobey is one of the shortest players in the NBL at 188.

About the same height as this bloke then..

r0_10_4337_2612_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

He wouldn’t be the shortest guy running around. Tamuri Wigness is only 180.

That said yeah, he’d have to be very good.

We would definitely take Moore do you think? I haven't heard too much about him. I would of guessed Tex would be a shot though.
Geelong have 3 picks in the 30's , we could potentially trade up with them as well.

Last edited:
I have no idea either way but Johnson had not done a lot either.

There hasn't been any standout 19 year olds so the recruiters have done a pretty good job

Hard to know whether recruiters will be more worried about this draft or the previous draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back