Recruiting Draft Watch 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah still a bit slow, a little bit like Callow so doesn’t mean he won’t be a chance of making a list though.

Potential Hooker replacement? Takes a stack of marks for Werribee but his conversion looks a little iffy

Have seen stuff all of Goater, can someone explain why the board is so keen to get him when he is not rated as much on other parts of this site?

Genuinely know nothing about him.

Trudgeon 34 touches, 7 tackles, 7 marks and a goal.

Shapes as the boring, 1 position warhorse pick of the draft that will drop but he’s averaging 30, 10 tackles, 6 marks and a goal a game. Need 3 of him.

Trudgeon 34 touches, 7 tackles, 7 marks and a goal.

Shapes as the boring, 1 position warhorse pick of the draft that will drop but he’s averaging 30, 10 tackles, 6 marks and a goal a game. Need 3 of him.

Absolute Luke Parker 2.0 on JT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolute Luke Parker 2.0 on JT.

Doesn’t look as dynamic an athlete as Parker has proved to be, or as good a contested marking option.

Just looks a consistent, productive ball pig

Doesn’t look as dynamic an athlete as Parker has proved to be, or as good a contested marking option.

James Worpel 2.0 from what i can tell.

Thats not an insult, in fact there was a period of time where that would have been priority number 1 for our team needs.

Now i am not sure whether we have room in our midfield for someone who lacks versatility to play multiple positions. Parish, Merrett, Shiel and Caldwell all seem to play their best when they get majority of their game time through the middle

We certainly need midfield depth, but i think we need to target types that are a little more multifaceted

Given there seems to be a few of them around where our likely pick will be, I think this year is a good chance to target one of those tall midfield/forward options. Someone like an Erasmus/Draper/Goater to mix with Strinnger, Langford and Perkins going forward. Huge potential upside, while still being able to get games and experience into them while they’re younger due to their versatility.

I think the development Parish and Stringer as midfielders this year means the recruitment of a big contested midfielder isn’t really priority 1A anymore like it was not even a year ago.

Given there seems to be a few of them around where our likely pick will be, I think this year is a good chance to target one of those tall midfield/forward options. Someone like an Erasmus/Draper/Goater to mix with Strinnger, Langford and Perkins going forward. Huge potential upside, while still being able to get games and experience into them while they’re younger due to their versatility.

I think the development Parish and Stringer as midfielders this year means the recruitment of a big contested midfielder isn’t really priority 1A anymore like it was not even a year ago.

I reckon Roberts is the way to go. GWS showed us that we are still really weak in the midfield contest and our movement based brand only goes so far. Despite being only 183 he has longish arms and is also a goal kicker. Smoky for best in draft IMO.

Upgrading Dev, Ham, Guelfi for there midfield output because let’s be honest, it’s been below par if existent at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker was never really all that dynamic at under 18 level. Was more of a workhorse with decent skills which is why a lot thought he was just vanilla.
He was my style of player.

Jordan Ridley dad joined our scouting department

Two or three key forwards sitting nicely in that 15 - 25 region of we can grab a pick in here would have no drama Dodo taking one. Van Rooyen, Williams, amiss recently linked into the top 25 today.

Something about a key forward with the name amiss that gives me jitters.
The gods wouldn't forego their cringeworthy headlines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back