Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to an Oakliegh vs Sandringham practise match, best standard 18s practise match I’ve seen. Skills wise some where rusty but in terms of running and intensity it was fantastic to see especially in the hot conditions.

Many will remember Riley Bowman playing for Dandenong last year he has now moved over to Sandringham same with our NGA player Lachlan Johnson who has moved from Calder to Oakleigh.

Went to an Oakliegh vs Sandringham practise match, best standard 18s practise match I’ve seen. Skills wise some where rusty but in terms of running and intensity it was fantastic to see especially in the hot conditions.

Many will remember Riley Bowman playing for Dandenong last year he has now moved over to Sandringham same with our NGA player Lachlan Johnson who has moved from Calder to Oakleigh.
Does he still count even though he moved?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I’ve had no issues with players drafted, I’m more worried about the coaching and game plan more than anything.

I think those things are more significant currently due to the players selected. Individually capable but not a balanced list to get the most out of our players.

I think those things are more significant currently due to the players selected. Individually capable but not a balanced list to get the most out of our players.
I agree to an extent, what we lack in the side may not have warranted the selection at those picks and players like Stringer/Saad/Smith have all had positive results so far in my opinion.

We have some promising young players playing in the VFL last week and I’m sure those players would have gotten opportunities at a team like Geelong or Hawthorn who have shown it can pay off playing the kids.

I'm liking Mitch Podhajski as a potential big bodied mid. He has really nice hands at the contest, good size at 191/88. Needs to increase his production though.

Another slow inside mid, doesn’t offer anymore than Langford does I don’t think.
He actually takes body contact well unlike Langford.

With 2 x 2nd round picks, I will be keen to see who the inevitable 'Vanilla' inside mid that slips to the middle of the draft is (for example Worpel, Ely Smith, Jack Graham, Mathieson, Willem Drew, Trent Dumont etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back