Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mutch has been placed on the LTI, does this mean we have a pick in the mid season draft now?
Hopefully. I thought we'd get one for Lav but apparently Cat B rookies don't count.

I know its a long season and a lot can change draft stock wise, but id be keeping an eye on Cooper Stephens from the Geelong Falcons.

Good sized inside mid (188cm) and a decent build who finds the footy pretty well.
Reminds me a bit of Ely Smith from last year (saw a bit of him playing falcons as i live in that area).

Exactly the type of 'Vanilla' (term used facaeciously) mid that could slide in to one of our 2nds. Although a good year could have him in the top 15 easily.

At this stage Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson are the standout top two players in this draft, good time to have pick one or two because both are on Sam Walsh's level of quality, both ooze leadership and lift when the team needs them most. Dont think ive seen a player more suited to our needs than Noah Anderson just a shame i cant see how we would trade up to those top 2 picks.

What do people think our number one position required for this draft is? Think it’ll be more divisive than previous years as we look pretty balanced.
We currently have 28 players who will be 25 or under at the end of the year. If we arrange them into a 22 plus extras:

Gleeson - BZT - Saad
Ridley - Francis - McKenna
McGrath - Parish - Ham
Fantasia - Daniher - Laverde
Stringer - Stewart - Begley
Draper - Langford - Merrett
Mutch - Mynott - Redman - Guelfi

Gown, Mosquito, Houlahan, Jok, Clarke, Long miss out.

I wouldn't mind spending a later pick on a key defender looking at that, maybe another winger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One with Draper's absence. I thought we'd be able to have 2 since Mutch was a LTI
LTI isn't enough - you need to denote a player 'inactive' and thereby ineligible for the whole season, where LTI is only 8 weeks minimum. LTI is nearly defunct now though given Cat A rookies no longer need elevating.

:think:

So somewhere between 0 and 2.

Glad we’re all on the same page!! :D
It's one as explained in the post below yours apparently
LTI isn't enough - you need to denote a player 'inactive' and thereby ineligible for the whole season, where LTI is only 8 weeks minimum. LTI is nearly defunct now though given Cat A rookies no longer need elevating.
It's for the Cat B though. Imagine if we had a Mark Blicavs and we decided not to demote someone straight after they had a 10 week injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back