Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot he won the Larke Medal as well. I’m even more mystified.

The issue is the more information you get sometimes it can be over analysed to the point of doubt. Most of the recruiting now days is more about what does he do wrong and can we fix it. I remember commenting during the champ series that he was playing better footy than anyone but the knock was a bit slow, not a great kick and possibly did not work hard enough on the defensive side.
Sometimes clubs should just be going with "he can play footy" .

Here are some of the better results for the YoYo
View attachment 424890
Hmm okay. Where do you get that data from? (No I don't want a copy of it :p just curious if you're there yourself or what.)

Anyone else struggling to figure out what that all means, it seems the equivalent for the best one is 14.7 in the beep :)

Hmm okay. Where do you get that data from? (No I don't want a copy of it :p just curious if you're there yourself or what.)

Anyone else struggling to figure out what that all means, it seems the equivalent for the best one is 14.7 in the beep :)
I got that from twitter I'm not there myself haha

Not sure how much will get released to the public but I might be able to pull a few strings haha

The issue is the more information you get sometimes it can be over analysed to the point of doubt. Most of the recruiting now days is more about what does he do wrong and can we fix it. I remember commenting during the champ series that he was playing better footy than anyone but the knock was a bit slow, not a great kick and possibly did not work hard enough on the defensive side.
Sometimes clubs should just be going with "he can play footy" .
From the outside looking in, this has always been my sense of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can just about confirm that Essendon will sign Irish Cat B rookie.
However I don't believe it is not McDaid.
I believe it will be Stefan Okanbor.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...let-eager-for-aussie-rules-chance-440885.html

While many in Kerry are decrying the so-called poaching of the county’s top GAA players by Aussie Rules clubs, teenage AFL hopeful Stefan Okunbor insists that even the slightest chance to reach his athletic optimum and play sport professionally is too much of a lure to turn his back on.

Na Gaeil’s Okunbor and his All-Ireland minor-winning Kerry team-mate David Shaw (Dr Crokes) are in Florida along with Galway’s Cillian McDaid, who played in the FBD League this year, and Evan Murphy to train with the AFL Academy squad.

Another team-mate of Okunbor and Shaw’s, Mark O’Connor has already committed to at least a two-year stint Down Under with Geelong, a development that has caused consternation in the Kingdom.

Okunbor has caught the eye with his power and intensity, and the relish with which he has taken to tackling in particular has been noteworthy.

The 18-year-old from Tralee is enjoying his time in America and is excited by the opportunity of being a full-time sportsman.

“Everyone made me feel very welcome and they’re all great lads,” said Okunbor this week. “I felt pretty comfortable out there on the track with them, and just wanted to have a crack.

“Most of the Australian boys are only 17 and if they had told me they were 20 I’d have understood it. They’re huge; it’s crazy for them to be six foot tall and still growing at their age. I’m in college in Limerick and study engineering and I can’t see myself sitting at a desk the rest of my life. I want to reach my full potential and use my athleticism somewhere.

“The whole idea of a professional set-up: Get up, train, sleep and do it again every day, is something I’d love to do.”

Meanwhile, McDaid is delighted to get a second bite of the cherry, having been in Florida 12 months ago with Ray Connellan and Darragh Joyce, who were subsequently signed by St Kilda.

As well as participating in training, McDaid and the rest of the Irish contingent were interviewed by all 13 clubs.

“I really want to give it a go and have no regrets,” said McDaid. “Last year, talking to recruiters, I got a real idea about how hard they want people to work, so I tried to find that level in the past year.

“They seemed happy enough with how I was going last year but I was still doing school so that might have been a bit of a problem. I’ve strengthened up a little over the past year.”

Same thing Conor said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back