Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's hard to balance talent and consistency. At the end of the day I love what Fogarty brings more than any other in this draft
I don't follow and watch like you guys, rely on YouTube clips largely....but I have a reasonable eye and sometimes players jump out and grab my attention.

Fogarty is one who does - will be unsurprised if he ends up as a Riccuito type flanker/mid/beast and the best player from the draft.

5 for Starcevich, 4 for Bonar.
Cool
I have watched him 5 times as well
He tested really well and actually doesn't play with the speed he tested.
I have seen Bonar play a fair bit but it doesn't matter as he will not be anywhere near our pick.
Starcevich may be a sneaky chance for west coast at 13 especially after they passed on SPP last year.

Cool
I have watched him 5 times as well
He tested really well and actually doesn't play with the speed he tested.
I have seen Bonar play a fair bit but it doesn't matter as he will not be anywhere near our pick.
Starcevich may be a sneaky chance for west coast at 13 especially after they passed on SPP last year.
Considering Mitchell and Priddis are departing West Coast is my tip to jump on him at 13. I was surprised by Starcevich's 20m time (although it is somewhat evident with his power in the contest) however his agility is on display whenever he plays. I've definitely settled on him as my favourite player from this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect my next rolling mock draft on the 22nd. Will try and make it top 50 if I can find a way to get the whole thing in an image, I was pushing it with 40.
Who ooze maturity, leadership, level-head? Will any go late because they don't stand out or don't have that one elite physical attribute?
When I look back people that have these; McGrath, graham, weitering, Bont, Merrett, Heppell, Cotchin. I know most went high but I think those types of attributes are what we should be looking for to be role players.

Who ooze maturity, leadership, level-head? Will any go late because they don't stand out or don't have that one elite physical attribute?
When I look back people that have these; McGrath, graham, weitering, Bont, Merrett, Heppell, Cotchin. I know most went high but I think those types of attributes are what we should be looking for to be role players.
Yeah not many later players have those attributes I'm afraid haha Charlie Thompson plays with some flare but from what I've heard from interviews with him is that he is very switched on and works hard to support teammates. No elite attributes but he is a hardworking midfielder who can kick goals when forward. I can't say much for the interstate players either I might need to do a bit more research on players later that fit the discription

Alright so it looks like we will go into the draft with bugger all, I believe we will take 2 live picks and upgrade 1 rookie which I believe would be Draper.

so we will have pick 48 and 67 with a rookie upgrade with 85.

Ill have my rolling mock draft on Sunday which will include our pick 48 in the meantime everyone can put in what types of players we should look at for those 2 picks and ill go over a few players that would fit those descriptions.

48: Boyse please
67: C Parish please

I also doubt we promote Draper with 85. New Cat A rookie laws see it pointless when he can take up another 2 years on the rookie list. If anyone gets promoted it'll be Long.

Alright so it looks like we will go into the draft with bugger all, I believe we will take 2 live picks and upgrade 1 rookie which I believe would be Draper.

so we will have pick 48 and 67 with a rookie upgrade with 85.

Ill have my rolling mock draft on Sunday which will include our pick 48 in the meantime everyone can put in what types of players we should look at for those 2 picks and ill go over a few players that would fit those descriptions.
Big-bodied mids.

Shipley + North pls

Long will be delisted
It would be a shame to see him delisted. I remember how rapt Dodo was when we were able to get him to the club. Has Jake's potential been that poorly asssessed? I think he is just starting to develop the body to hit his stride and I'd hazard to guess that a punt on a kid at 67 or 85 is less appealing to me than giving Jake a bit more time. Maybe I'm being a bit romantic but we have the list depth now to persevere with him.

It would be a shame to see him delisted. I remember how rapt Dodo was when we were able to get him to the club. Has Jake's potential been that poorly asssessed? I think he is just starting to develop the body to hit his stride and I'd hazard to guess that a punt on a kid at 67 or 85 is less appealing to me than giving Jake a bit more time. Maybe I'm being a bit romantic but we have the list depth now to persevere with him.
I don't think so. Others do.

48: Boyse please
67: C Parish please

I also doubt we promote Draper with 85. New Cat A rookie laws see it pointless when he can take up another 2 years on the rookie list. If anyone gets promoted it'll be Long.
Boyse looked impressive but between
Langford, laverde, begley, stringer and Stewart i cant ser him getting a game.

Parish i am in for. Perhaps kelly or bolton from the WAFL with pick 43

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back