Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously if we don't take Parish you'd have to question the recruiting strategy. It's all well and good to take some speculative picks now and then but sometimes the safe path is the one that makes the most sense.
How is picking a bloke who can't kick over a tin can a safe pick?

How is picking a bloke who can't kick over a tin can a safe pick?
Mate he's a big bodied inside mid.

Its the big hole on our list.

It is the logical choice.

Seriously if we don't take Parish you'd have to question the recruiting strategy. It's all well and good to take some speculative picks now and then but sometimes the safe path is the one that makes the most sense.
Why Parish in particular?
Could easily make a case for few other inside mids as long as one is selected.

Cause I don't actually know anything about any of the draftees and I knew his name would get the most rises?

Because on the off chance he becomes good I prefer the idea of brothers being at the one club and being united instead of even the slight chance that Darcy ends up wanting to go play elsewhere with his brother.

I will only be annoyed that we don't get Cassidy in some form if another team rolls the dice on him, if he remains completely undrafted then fine.

Mate he's a big bodied inside mid.

Its the big hole on our list.

It is the logical choice.

It's just as speculative as any other pick. It's just that the speculation is seen as being justified because in selecting the style of player we are addressing a need. I would not have thought that a need to select a player like Parish is going to make him any more or less likely to succeed.

Would make sense after the Doc injury. Would be funny if SOS pulled one and picked Jackson Edwards.
They were taking him anyway. It's probably because their second choice will be there at 3 but probably not at 21.

Found the name. Ben Wiggins was the one we tested. Think we will draft him based on thay alone

Others I'd be keen on are Jack Roughsedge, Adam Sambono, Jake Riccardi and Brodie Carroll

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back