Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How far up the draft could we trade all our picks for?

Well according to Lore's spreadsheet, we have 622 pts worth of draft picks, which is the equivalent to pick 31. We currently hold pick 34. So I'd say not all that far.

We'd want to hope a few academy kids go high-ish to burn those mid-range draft picks North / Collingwood / Sydney have stockpiled which might move our second up to the 50s somewhere.

Well according to Lore's spreadsheet, we have 622 pts worth of draft picks, which is the equivalent to pick 31. We currently hold pick 34. So I'd say not all that far.

We'd want to hope a few academy kids go high-ish to burn those mid-range draft picks North / Collingwood / Sydney have stockpiled which might move our second up to the 50s somewhere.

is that including next years draft picks? Can we trade next years draft picks to help move up this years order?

Just this year, I'm not sure what we have for next year.

cool as I was hoping we could maybe nab 1 of the eagles picks this year around 20/21 in exchange for a future 2nd rounder and other. We get an early pick and they accumulate something to help them package Kelly from the Cats.

cool as I was hoping we could maybe nab 1 of the eagles picks this year around 20/21 in exchange for a future 2nd rounder and other. We get an early pick and they accumulate something to help them package Kelly from the Cats.

I guess it depends whether there's any particular WA talent they're eyeing off around then, one of the draft watchers would be better able to know if there's WA players around that mark they'd want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is that including next years draft picks? Can we trade next years draft picks to help move up this years order?

Just this year, I'm not sure what we have for next year.

As we have traded out next years first pick, I don't believe that we can trade out any future picks.

If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-06/future-trading-given-goahead-but-with-restrictions

Want Ely Smith or Jack Bytel at 34
I am on the same train. Will be hoping we go that way as well.

Smith needs to tidy up his possession a bit but he has no kicking action issues and finds it in the middle. Just has some games where he can be 50/50 by foot while other weeks he can be very good. Tested well at the combine. Good tank. Good leap. Bushies B&F winner.

Bytel was considered top 15 at the start of the year. Genuine inside ball winner but has been out since the end of may with a back issue. Does not have the agility of Smith but is a real hard nut and genuine leader. Like a lot of inside players he will need to be better disposal wise but he has no real big issues in that area. A bit like Worpal last year it is mainly the hurried under pressure kicks that can get turned over.

Smith needs to tidy up his possession a bit but he has no kicking action issues and finds it in the middle. Just has some games where he can be 50/50 by foot while other weeks he can be very good. Tested well at the combine. Good tank. Good leap. Bushies B&F winner.

Bytel was considered top 15 at the start of the year. Genuine inside ball winner but has been out since the end of may with a back issue. Does not have the agility of Smith but is a real hard nut and genuine leader. Like a lot of inside players he will need to be better disposal wise but he has no real big issues in that area. A bit like Worpal last year it is mainly the hurried under pressure kicks that can get turned over.
Its nice to have multiple options this year, thought we where lucky to get Mynott as a rookie but i still felt most of the good inside mids got taken before our pick last year.

Ant do you think the western jets kid, ohallaran, could be around at our pick?

Do you rate him and would he be a good fit for us?

Last edited:
I think we could have a few good inside mid options at our pick depending on who slides.

Bytel
Smith
Rowbottom
Ross
Valente
O'Halloran

What do you think of Jack Ross and Mitch Podhajski D_P_S ? Possibles at our pick(s)?
Without national combine invites they look like being taken at 50+. Both lack in top speed and skills which is why they would be later picks but both have AFL ready bodies and running capacity so if we are after players that could push for senior selection if needed then they could be good option at pick 66.

We already have some slower mids in Clarke, Mutch and Mynott so we may not be looking at a similar type with a later pick again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back