Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A gun midfielder that may be available at our 1st pick. Dedicated kid in the McGrath mould who seems like a Dodoro pick to me.
Only going off his profile but he seems a tad small. We have too many of these already. Who is he comparable to and do you back him to compete strongly with the likes of Cripps and such?

Only going off his profile but he seems a tad small. We have too many of these already. Who is he comparable to and do you back him to compete strongly with the likes of Cripps and such?
He is a hard one to compare, Bartel is a small comparison but yeah he is kind of unique, he isn’t a pure inside midfielder but he is still very solid at winning his own ball. He is a guaranteed jet though with versatility, endurance, leadership and classy skills.

A gun midfielder that may be available at our 1st pick. Dedicated kid in the McGrath mould who seems like a Dodoro pick to me.

Give me (1) Walsh, (2) Bytel or (3) Hately please Dodo

Like what I am hearing about this Dillon O Reilly kid. KPF available around the 20's - 30's

Missed the first game, apparently kicked a goal in the 2nd game but that wasn’t streamed so I wasn’t able to see it. Hopefully he plays in WA’s only fox footy game in a few weeks

I don't think my brain could handle a Raz and Faz show, but my heart can not do without..

Not U18 related but gee whiz, it'd be hard to overlook a 198cm, 22 year old KPF who is dominating a local state league with 38 goals in only 10 games including bags of 9, 6 & two of 5.

Take him with a late pick and see what he can do imho.
Hammelman? Looked as though he kicked 5 on Frost or Paparone too, which is a good effort and it's 3 bags of 5, 2x Southport and one against Brisbane.

Out of all the leagues to kick bags of goals in, NEAFL is the least impressive.

You don't give NEAFL footy as much credit as it deserves. It is probably at it's strongest it has ever been right now. Not just the same teams winning each year but everyone is competitive. Stand to be corrected but think the non aligned teams are doing better than most AFL reserves sides on the ladder too.

You don't give NEAFL footy as much credit as it deserves. It is probably at it's strongest it has ever been right now. Not just the same teams winning each year but everyone is competitive. Stand to be corrected but think the non aligned teams are doing better than most AFL reserves sides on the ladder too.
Ill give it credit when mature age draftees from NEAFL perform at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill give it credit when mature age draftees from NEAFL perform at AFL level.

Like Dayne Zorko? Like Aaron Vandenberg? Like Josh Smith at Collingwood? Like Josh Wagner at Melbourne?

Don't get me wrong, it is still a way to go to get at the level of WAFL/SANFL/VFL football but the depth is as strong as ever. To discount the performances of a guy doing better than anyone else in any other major state league is naive.

The NEAFL is continually producing AFL products, from Dayne Zorko to Aaron Vandenberg, from Josh Smith to Tony Olango.

They range and are given an opportunity. Shouldn't matter where you ply your football, as long as you have AFL traits to which Hammelman does.

Out of all the leagues to kick bags of goals in, NEAFL is the least impressive.
Of course, but credit where it's due, he has kicked them against AFL reserve sides as well as the fodder.

Like Dayne Zorko? Like Aaron Vandenberg? Like Josh Smith at Collingwood? Like Josh Wagner at Melbourne?

Don't get me wrong, it is still a way to go to get at the level of WAFL/SANFL/VFL football but the depth is as strong as ever. To discount the performances of a guy doing better than anyone else in any other major state league is naive.

The NEAFL is continually producing AFL products, from Dayne Zorko to Aaron Vandenberg, from Josh Smith to Tony Olango.

They range and are given an opportunity. Shouldn't matter where you ply your football, as long as you have AFL traits to which Hammelman does.
Ill give you Zorko, the rest are depth players at this stage

How are our NGA kids going? Moussa, Firebrace and Hanna are the main ones aren't they?
Moussa and Hanna have been the best performed of the 3 but even then id have them at rookies at best. Hanna isnt the type we need being too similar to Lavender as a forward/ruck and with Mason Fletcher coming he wont get a gig as a defender either. Moussa is a small running defender in the McNeice mold so again he wont be banging down the door for a spot.

Moussa and Hanna have been the best performed of the 3 but even then id have them at rookies at best. Hanna isnt the type we need being too similar to Lavender as a forward/ruck and with Mason Fletcher coming he wont get a gig as a defender either. Moussa is a small running defender in the McNeice mold so again he wont be banging down the door for a spot.

How's Moussa's speed, skills, defensive work? Depending on retirement/delistings of Bags/McNeice/Dea I think there is a potential need for SD/HBF

Hanna's best games have come at CHB no?

How come Rick Ladson, Shane Harvey and Joel Reynolds didnt get highlighted?!
And is that our Fitness guy, Justin Crow I spy?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

How come Rick Ladson, Shane Harvey and Joel Reynolds didnt get highlighted?!

Andrew Welsh, Ashley Hansen, Charlie Gardiner, Brett Thornton

Some pretty bloody handy players

Crow pulled on the boots for Bendigo in a VFL game once around the time he was made head fitness honcho, he actually went alright too.

Sort of big, lanky lead up forward type, I think he made the bests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back