Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was inconsistent in the Champs from the looks of it.

I watched the last two games. Was very good against WA and solid against S.A. And apparently dominated round 1.

Watched metro v allies game again.
Sutherland moves like Patrick Cripps when he is in the midfield.
Constable is slow from the spread but effective at clearances.
Brayshaw is classy- a little bit of Trent Cotchin about how he moves which is a massive call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have to agree with yaco55 that this years All - Australian team is the most underwhelming I have seen. A lot of bits and pieces kids with some highly fancied kids picked over substance and other highly fancied kids not picked at all.

No LDU, no Cerra. Disappointing but then again, didn't really dominate the champs like they were expected to.

Surely Oscar Allen hasn't "shot into first round calculations" as AFL.com.au suggests? Looks a reasonable prospect but agree with your view on him that his game may struggle to translate to the next level.

Wouldn't be opposed to a Jack Higgins or Zac Bailey, just genuine footballers and the Allies ruck, Crossley seems like a kid with plenty to work with although feel Hayes as a Fwd/Ruck would be a better list fit.

Finally getting around to watching the replay of the Friday games from last week. Now finding out why I didn't mark down many good notes of Patmore early despite getting a lot of the ball. He really didn't use it that well by hand or foot

Country forwards are terrible. O'Brien is on the boundary obviously looking for a pass and the forwards are not moving and not even going to the line if he tried to have a shot. O'Brien indicates to the forwards to run down to the square and they all run around like idiots and suprise suprise the ball hits the top of the square and not a single one could influence it.

No wonder Country lost, their forwards are too slow of mind and just not that good in general. Whoever selected the Country forwardline shouldn't have a job come next year

I really don't rate this draft. So many question marks even with the very top prospects. Seems to be a real lack of consistency for many of the top ten...

I really don't rate this draft. So many question marks even with the very top prospects. Seems to be a real lack of consistency for many of the top ten...
For the Victorian players they have been swapped around in a lot of different positions which is why guys like LDU, Cerra and O'Brien havnt had consistently great games. Cerra was almost purely played half back on Wednesday

Country forwards are terrible. O'Brien is on the boundary obviously looking for a pass and the forwards are not moving and not even going to the line if he tried to have a shot. O'Brien indicates to the forwards to run down to the square and they all run around like idiots and suprise suprise the ball hits the top of the square and not a single one could influence it.

No wonder Country lost, their forwards are too slow of mind and just not that good in general. Whoever selected the Country forwardline shouldn't have a job come next year
Can't teach footy smarts! Aside from being switched around a lot it's no wonder those Vic Country mid's have struggled with consistency, their forwards just won't work with them and provide options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back