Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milera's one id look at with a rookie spot. Colquhoun I loved in his draft year but he was just no good at port.
I dont know much about Milera, but colquhoun I think you are harsh on. Played in their 2013 finals series out of nowhere and had a 5 game stretch where he averaged 20 disposals and 4.5 rebound 50's a game as a 20 year old in 2015. He is still only 22 currently with 3 AFL preseasons and 2 solid years in the SANFL, so plenty of upside still i reckon. Rookie list only of course.

Holman fits us the best of those.

And I think he was pretty hard done by at the Blues

This is the bit where a player like Holman knows the requirements of being an AFL player and essentially fits the description of "depth" more so than an untried player (with a similar ceilling).

fwiw, I don't mind the idea of a guy like Nick Holman, or similarly a delisted player.

I've looked at the distance trackers on the AFL app every week since they've been available and every week the opposition dominate the top 5, and the only name of ours in there is usually Colyer.

Give me a Dan Hannebery, hard as a cats head on the inside but eats up the grass on the outside. Better yet, get me the existing Dan Hannebery.

I've looked at the distance trackers on the AFL app every week since they've been available and every week the opposition dominate the top 5, and the only name of ours in there is usually Colyer.

Give me a Dan Hannebery, hard as a cats head on the inside but eats up the grass on the outside. Better yet, get me the existing Dan Hannebery.

Could it just mean we have an excellent team game?

[fwiw, I agree that we need a work horse runner]

This is so true. We don't seem to have any elite runners in our team. McGrath could get there one day though as he develops. In fact I think he's a good prospect to become that kind of player but we'll have to be patient.

Our other quality mids in Parish, Heppell and Merrett are more 'footballers over athletes' - which is fine but it is nice to have those athletic types. There is still a fair bit of development in these guys still to go though it must be said. Even Merrett is typically only playing 80% of games. I'm sure with a few more preseasons he can lift his fitness a bit higher although he will never become Scully.

Unfortunately the truly elite runners with good ability on the inside tend to go really high in the draft so you need top picks to snag them. We may get a chance with our first rounder this year perhaps. Though often there are some project guys that have significant issues to work with that can go later in the draft. Some of these can have pretty high potential.

TAC CUP WATCH;

Stingrays had a comprehensive 29 point against Northern Knights. Top end draft prospect Luke Davies - Uniacke (2 goals) was prominent for the Rays whilst mid draft prospect Oscar Clavarino was adjudged best on ground. My boy Riley D'Arcy (4 goals) was again amongst the majors (now on top with 31 goals). Patrick Naish (Richmond father/son) slotted 2 majors.

Eastern Ranges had a comprehensive 44 - point win against Gippsland Power. Adam Cerra (3 goals) was the dominant player on the ground with help from fellow prospects Joel Garner (3rd best) and Trent Mynot (6th best). Top prospect Jayden Stepheson was held to the one major.

At Sandringham, Charlie Constable (3 goals, 2nd best on ground), did as he pleased in there 29 point win against the lowly Pioneers. Ably supported by Nick Murphy (3 goals, best on ground), they run riot as the Dragons kicked 7 goals to 3 in a crucial second term. Hayden McLean (2 goals, 4th best) continues to push his case in the draft whilst for the Pioneers, little known Keelin Betson was there best.

Todays match ups see Geelong Falcons go up against the lowly Western Jets whilst in the other games, Murray Bushrangers take on the poorly performed Calder Cannons (what they hell are they doing in second last this year?). In the last game, top of the table Oakleigh Chargers take on another lowly ranked side Greater Western Rebels in Ballarat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sign as a Cat B in 4 years ala Alex Keath
Seem's like he's a more talented cricketer than Keath though. Looking at Keath's stats on Cricinfo, it doesn't look like he was particularly effective with either bat or ball.

D_P_S random question. Have you noticed David Smith from the bushrangers? One club has him listed in the multicultural academy. Wondering if you have watched him at all and what his draft chances are?

D_P_S random question. Have you noticed David Smith from the bushrangers? One club has him listed in the multicultural academy. Wondering if you have watched him at all and what his draft chances are?
I have seen him, great speed but hasn't got much composure and he has been on the outer for Murray for the last month. Possible rookie for tigers under the academy

Seem's like he's a more talented cricketer than Keath though. Looking at Keath's stats on Cricinfo, it doesn't look like he was particularly effective with either bat or ball.
Not sure about that. I know the curator of Keath's school....who is a bloody good leggie, and he used to bowl at him when he was at school, as he was better than the kids. Keath would destroy him. Both were/are very talented.

Last edited:
I have seen him, great speed but hasn't got much composure and he has been on the outer for Murray for the last month. Possible rookie for tigers under the academy
Cheers mate. From my home town but I moved away years ago and he has played mostly in shep so not sure how good he is. Never seen him play to be honest. Would be a great story if he got drafted knowing his family history

Not sure about that. I know the curator of Keath's school....who is a bloody good leggie, and he used to bowl at him when he was at school, as he was better than the kids. Keath would destroy him. Both were/are very talented.
Yeah but being good at school/local/representative level is totally different to state level and above. We see it all the time in footy as well, where guys might be absolute TAC Cup or VFL guns, but when it comes to playing AFL they just can't hack it.

Yeah but being good at school/local/representative level is totally different to state level and above. We see it all the time in footy as well, where guys might be absolute TAC Cup or VFL guns, but when it comes to playing AFL they just can't hack it.
Yup exactly...water always finds its level. I'm not convinced Will make it at the highest level. He is a freakish talent but having said that...there are a lot of freaks around. Time will tell and for me it will be interesting to watch (my kid has played with him).

Can you post the top 5 results from the last few games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back