Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have known the Mynott's for quite a few years.
Family are all fitness fanatics, Old man Paul is not big height wise, Prob around 6'0 - 6'1
But definitely a ripped unit, Would put most blokes in their mid 20's to shame and hes now 50 years old.

Good luck to Trent hopefully you become a Bomber, Not a Saint :)
I didn't mean height wise but yeah thanks for the insight I havnt met him personally. I've heard some very good things from a parent who has played football with him.

Anything else you want to share about Trent? From what I hear he fits in with what Dodoro looks for in a player

I didn't mean height wise but yeah thanks for the insight I havnt met him personally. I've heard some very good things from a parent who has played football with him.

Anything else you want to share about Trent? From what I hear he fits in with what Dodoro looks for in a player

tell you the truth haven't seen him play for a couple seasons so unable to give you an accurate assessment.

Does have a good head on his soldiers

Dylan Moore 36 touches at 92% and 6 goals for Caulfield today

Mynott solid with 22 and 3 goals

Angus Styles 25 touches another to watch later in the draft

For Brighton some midfielders for late in the draft did wel
Seb Williams 40 touches 2 goals
Alfie Jarnestrom 35 touches 2 goals

Quality cricketer who will choose footy Nathan Murphy had 21 touches and 3 goals to go with 10 marks

I'd really hate for Sydney to get O'Brien. I think they are the biggest threat to stopping us win a flag over the next 2-3 years and along with Florent last year, they are finishing around the right spot to add the perfect players for their list balance.

It's amazing what a little more research and analysis does ;)
question from left field
would you give up first round pick for toby greene
i would in a heartbeat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a few suprises. Matt McGannon from Gippsland ahead of Quigley and Porter doesn't make much sense to me. This also shows again that Metro should dominate the draft.
The way he says 'two-thirds are Victorian' makes it sound like there's hardly any talent anywhere else... but aren't combine invitations dependent on how many clubs are interested in you, to save doing individual testing at each club? And there are also state combines out west, I think?

The way he says 'two-thirds are Victorian' makes it sound like there's hardly any talent anywhere else... but aren't combine invitations dependent on how many clubs are interested in you, to save doing individual testing at each club? And there are also state combines out west, I think?

My understanding is that each club submits a list of players they want to see, and if 10 clubs list you you go to the national combine and if 4 clubs list you you attend the various state combines

Pretty much what Zach Package said. Also the Combine isn't a must but its very rare to see players get selected that don't end up attending early in the draft.

Only a handful of players missed getting selected at all from last years invite list they where
Sam Fisher NSW
Max Lynch NSW
Tony Olango NT
Alex Villis SA (illness means he stops footy altogether)
Jonty Scharenberg SA
Sam Walker SA
Bailey Morrish VIC C
Hamish Brayshaw VIC M
Liam Baker WA
Matt Guelfi WA

Players selected who didn't make the combine list not including VFL, WAFL ect players
Lewis Young Pick 49
Kayle Kirby Pick 50
Lachlan Tiziani Pick 54
Ed Phillips Pick 56
Cam Polson Pick 59
Matt Signorello Pick 62
Dion Johnstone Pick 64
Fergus Greene Pick 70
Corey Lyons Pick 71
Nick Larkey Pick 73
Mitchell Lewis Pick 76

Last edited:
Also going off last year anyone who doesn't get a combine invite is most likely to be taken after pick 40 or so. Good chance we can get Cassidy Parish very late or even as a rookie
Would Dylan Clarke be a similar player Parish or do you think Parish has more to work with?

If they are similar then it may not be worth having two of the same.

Would Dylan Clarke be a similar player Parish or do you think Parish has more to work with?

If they are similar then it may not be worth having two of the same.
Parish is a legitimate tall inside mid where Clarke at 186 is that little bit shorter. Parish is below Clarke in every other facet so id say height is the only thing he has on him. I still like Parish though and he is certainly draftable. I still think Clarke was a big slider I still have high hopes for him. Cassidy's range was always going to be somewhere around 40-80, I wouldn't have an issue with having both on our list.

Parish is a legitimate tall inside mid where Clarke at 186 is that little bit shorter. Parish is below Clarke in every other facet so id say height is the only thing he has on him. I still like Parish though and he is certainly draftable. I still think Clarke was a big slider I still have high hopes for him. Cassidy's range was always going to be somewhere around 40-80, I wouldn't have an issue with having both on our list.
Yeah cool.

I think with time Clarke can be moulded into a serviceable footballer. If Parish was available as a rookie pick he could be worth a chance.

Sutherland and Keath made the wrong decision - When you are torn between two sports you choose footy, because it's easier to go back to cricket than footy,when you are 22.

Cassidy Parish failed to receive an invitation to the Draft Camp - He's no certainty to be drafted.

Be very surprised if Rayner is number one draft pick - For me he is a 6 to 10 player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back