List Mgmt. Draft Discussion 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

SPS is not tall, or strongly built, but can win his own ball in heavy congestion, or play an outside or forward role, has elite skills and is very dual-sided (some say he goes onto his left too much) and is quick. He's somewhat like an Akermanis I guess, from an attributes POV.

Would be concerned that he's supposedly just coasted this half of the season though and the talk that he wants to stay in WA.

May be one of those who peaked at 16 or 17yo, or may be one of those who knows he's going to get drafted and is just waiting to get onto an AFL list before he pulls his finger back out again.

If it was out of him or Ainsworth, I'd prefer Ainsworth slid to our pick, even though SPS probably fits our needs slightly better. I'm more confident/sure that Ainsworth will make it and not be a bust, or want out after a few years.
Well yes, Ainsworth has had a very
good year, sps hasn't.
Plus he's not a danger to leave

I reckon we are pretty keen on Oli Florent and that is why we are keen to get back into the early second round. Not sure how high he will be pushing up the ranks though.

I'm def not in the know but a few ITK have mentioned we are keen on picking up outside speed and class, which I think he fits the bill.

I'm officially jumping on the Oli Floerent bandwagon!

matty eagles won the recruit and is going to Brisbane which is a good call for him as he lives there.

However 2nd place was Daniel Cox whose younger brother is Cedric Cox who some have spoken about. You can tell they are brothers....wonder if we're keen at a later pick?

Watching The Recruit tonight, I think we were genuinely into Daniel Cox. Lot of clubs padded out their representative panels but we had Trout and Ameet there and it wasn't for Matty Eagles. Could've been a handy pick-up

matty eagles won the recruit and is going to Brisbane which is a good call for him as he lives there.

However 2nd place was Daniel Cox whose younger brother is Cedric Cox who some have spoken about. You can tell they are brothers....wonder if we're keen at a later pick?

I would be very keen to pick Cedrick Cox with a 3rd to 4th rounder but unfortunately he will go late 20's .

Wouldn't we slide to Pick 11 under this scenario?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nup. Gold Coast have 2 picks ahead of our first. The bid on Bowes brings their pick 8(from the Dees) forward to pick 5.
I'm adamant that Brisbane will bid on Bowes at pick 2

That pick 2 (2517 points minus 20% discount equals 2013 points) bid will cancel out their pick 4 (2034 points)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having just looked at Berry's highlights , he appears to not have good hands , and is certainly not a one touch player. At AFL intensity , it will worsen. I say we pass on him.

My mail is we are extremely keen on Scrimshaw. Happy to give credit to BrianSpeaking who mentioned similar months ago just saying I can corroborate that intel.
On the latest Road to the Draft podcast Cal Twomey describes Jack Scrimshaw as a Jimmy Webster type.

If Scrimshaw can go in the midfield maybe it's time for Jimmy to have a crack.

If we're looking for a mid who can nail clearances later in the draft we could do well to consider this guy.

From Knightmare's write up of Geelong Falcons' preliminary final last weekend ....
"Younger brother of Essendon's Darcy, Cassidy Parish also was highly influential through the midfield with 23 disposals, 15 contested possessions, seven marks and eight clearances. The 187cm midfielder looks likely to follow the footsteps of Darcy in that he looks like a strong early chance to be selected in next year's AFL draft."

If we're looking for a mid who can nail clearances later in the draft we could do well to consider this guy.

From Knightmare's write up of Geelong Falcons' preliminary final last weekend ....
"Younger brother of Essendon's Darcy, Cassidy Parish also was highly influential through the midfield with 23 disposals, 15 contested possessions, seven marks and eight clearances. The 187cm midfielder looks likely to follow the footsteps of Darcy in that he looks like a strong early chance to be selected in next year's AFL draft."

Cassidy?o_O Wowzers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back