Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

My son's Catholic school has had some recent new enrolments, apparently the (government) school they have come from are teaching about LGBT+ stuff, pronouns etc, didn't impress some parents evidently.

These new bigot parents may effect your sons education.

You should send him to the inclusive school and save some money.

Some of it's on the curriculum, they'll be getting it anyway.

In Catholic schools? I should probably know this of course, I mean a lot of it would be incongruent with Catholic teachings I guess, would be a hard one to navigate. They do a sexuality night (call it something different to that) but it's run by a third party, good way to stay out of I guess.

In Catholic schools? I should probably know this of course, I mean a lot of it would be incongruent with Catholic teachings I guess, would be a hard one to navigate. They do a sexuality night (call it something different to that) but it's run by a third party, good way to stay out of I guess.
Victorian curriculum. It isn't really a case of 'this is against my religion so I won't teach it', it's a case of 'if you want funding or to be listed as an educational institution at all, this is what you're agreeing to teach.'

Victorian curriculum. It isn't really a case of 'this is against my religion so I won't teach it', it's a case of 'if you want funding or to be listed as an educational institution at all, this is what you're agreeing to teach.'

Well 70% of the school's revenue is government funding so it makes sense I guess, it puts Catholic schools in a quandary though I'd say.

I see they are also offering these pronouns in Chinese and Arabic... that's going to go down like a lead balloon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me, do you always ask Mohammed bin Salman for advice on what to teach your children?
Is the government gonna tell Islamic scholars or Muslim schoolteachers to host DQST for their children or teach about LGBT+ stuff, pronouns etc because it’s in the curriculum?

Last edited:
Is the government gonna tell Islamic scholars or Muslim schoolteachers to host DQST for their children...?
Was that what the post you quoted suggested?
... or teach about LGBT+ stuff, pronouns etc because it’s in the curriculum?
This is a silly question.

If it's in the curriculum, they have to teach it.

Was that what the post you quoted suggested?
I’m just wondering if it’s an across the board decision or if encroaching on the Islamic religion is off limits.
This is a silly question.

If it's in the curriculum, they have to teach it.
Will be interested to see what Muslim schools and parents say about this.

I’m just wondering if it’s an across the board decision or if encroaching on the Islamic religion is off limits.
If you're here to look for hypocrisy, you're probably going to find it. Everyone's hypocritical in different ways.

You could also take the opinion of others as you find it, as opposed to trying to deepen the ideological divide. Just a thought.
Will be interested to see what Muslim schools and parents say about this.
I don't teach at one, so couldn't tell you.

If you're here to look for hypocrisy, you're probably going to find it. Everyone's hypocritical in different ways.

You could also take the opinion of others as you find it, as opposed to trying to deepen the ideological divide. Just a thought.
Do you think this should be forced to be taught in Islamic schools?
I don't teach at one, so couldn't tell you.
I’m still interested to see how it goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back