Society/Culture Drag queens reading to kids in libraries

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

When I was in primary school in up to yr 2 we used to play kiss chasey. It was a religious school run by nuns. Once we got busted and as a punishment the nun who busted us made us swap clothes so all the boys were wearing the girls uniform and vice versa.

Weird hey.

So trying to promote gender fluidity to children (one of the stated goals of the program's founders) is above scrutiny because some priests are pedophiles. Flawless logic.
Ah yes, the old, the best way to educate children is to keep life a secret from them. This was a significant contributor to those vile children who commit to the priesthood, having been deliberately brought up in profound, life-denying ignorance. The disgusting, perverted Catholic obsession with pretending that there is no such thing as rooting is instilled relentlessly in the gullible young, who are deliberately denied vital information about the real world. Instead children are still taught that there is a world other than this one. A world more real than this one. This is indefensible. You, on the other hand, want a world in which everyone is as ill-informed as you.

Haha see what you did there. Do you write dad joke books? Like, are we having pun yet?

They probably do, hazard a guess they wouldn't be in their drag performing costume (wouldn't want to ruin expensive outfits) though.

If you think my post was some sort of pun, you are in more trouble than I thought.

Correct. Why are you so scared of gender fluidity? Are you not confident in your gender identity or something?

So you're not denying that teaching gender fluidity is one of the objectives of the program - you're just denying that doing so is potentially harmful to children and interrupts their normal psychological development. You know better than world renowned paediatricians, child psychologists and gender dysphoria experts.

So you're not denying that teaching gender fluidity is one of the objectives of the program
I am not a teacher and don't have personal experience with the program. Perhaps you should ask one. But I doubt you will, you seem more keen to trust in your own feelings than to engage with facts.

- you're just denying that doing so is potentially harmful to children and interrupts their normal psychological development.
You bet I am. And I question your motives if you believe it does cause harm, since you've provided absolutely no credible research whatsoever suggesting it does, and yet you seem very sure in your opinions.

You know better than world renowned paediatricians, child psychologists and gender dysphoria experts.
Perhaps you'd like to share the professional opinions of these "world renowned paediatricians, child psychologists and gender dysphoria experts". Or are you claiming to be one?

I am not a teacher and don't have personal experience with the program. Perhaps you should ask one. But I doubt you will, you seem more keen to trust in your own feelings than to engage with facts.

People involved in promoting draq queen story hour - from the founders of the program to library staff to the drag queens themselves - have publicly expressed their position that promoting gender fluidity is what draq queen story hour is about, but you want me to go and ask teachers if that's what the program is about?

You bet I am. And I question your motives if you believe it does cause harm, since you've provided absolutely no credible research whatsoever suggesting it does, and yet you seem very sure in your opinions.

I'm sure of my opinions because I have undertaken a considerable amount of research to form them.

Perhaps you'd like to share the professional opinions of these "world renowned paediatricians, child psychologists and gender dysphoria experts". Or are you claiming to be one?

I'm not claiming to be an expert. But I do value the expert opinions of world renowned child psychologists, paediatricians and people who treat gender dysphoria for a living, far more highly than the opinions of liberal essentialists on message forums.

People involved in promoting draq queen story hour - from the founders of the program to library staff to the drag queens themselves - have publicly expressed their position that promoting gender fluidity is what draq queen story hour is about, but you want me to go and ask teachers if that's what the program is about?
Yep, I do.

I'm sure of my opinions because I have undertaken a considerable amount of research to form them.
I am yet to see any trace of this great research you have undertaken. Why don't you post some of it?

I'm not claiming to be an expert.
Could have fooled me, you have the ego of one.

But I do value the expert opinions of world renowned child psychologists, paediatricians and people who treat gender dysphoria for a living, far more highly than the opinions of liberal essentialists on message forums.
Well that's just wonderful. Perhaps you could quote three or four of these "world renowned child psychologists". And once you do, I'll be happy to show you even better renowned experts who think introducing the concept of gender fluidity to children has no harm at all.

Diversity is diversity.. it isn't a problem until overuse of the term diversity is a problem..

we want people who like people and also others who aren't scared of other people...

this is simple.. it is grossly inadequate... it is handy for the people who don't like difference..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A true shame that young fella was manipulated to the point he couldn't work out his place in the world and killed himself.

A child that young wouldn't read anything suggestive/sexual into a dance like that, she'd just think it was a different version of a silly wiggles type dance.
A child not understanding something doesn't mean that you can do what you want to them.

I am noticing that it is not quite the parents or the other members of family.. but that it is people who can't quite
work out how they feel about gay people..

We shouldn't shut them out and we shouldn't tell them they are ignorant.. it is what it is for various people

Just be careful of people and of who you deal with and that not everyone likes the way you live your life.. it isn't
their problem if they don't see you as one thing or another.. it isn't your fault if they see you as a bit flighty... lol..

But just don't ignore people who see you as something different.. don't tell them they are wrong..

just jumping in.. no it wouldn't be okay..

Correct.

Young children should not be exposed to suggestive/sexual behaviour that they don't understand. It's classic grooming tactics to normalise sexual behaviour when children do not have the capacity to understand what is occuring.

An 11/12 year old might have some understanding that it is sexual and not just a silly wiggles dance. But they still are a long way from having the maturity to deal with sexually related matters such as a suggestive dance by a man just dressed in female underwear.

A child that young wouldn't read anything suggestive/sexual into a dance like that, she'd just think it was a different version of a silly wiggles type dance.
I think because they view drag queens as paedophiles, it has a much more sinister look.
Same as if they saw a gay man dancing like that around a little girl.

I'd say that most people have seen women dance around kids like that, without blinking.

Looking at that footage with the view that it's a predator changes the meaning entirely.
Some people find it sexual.

Ah yes, the old, the best way to educate children is to keep life a secret from them. This was a significant contributor to those vile children who commit to the priesthood, having been deliberately brought up in profound, life-denying ignorance. The disgusting, perverted Catholic obsession with pretending that there is no such thing as rooting is instilled relentlessly in the gullible young, who are deliberately denied vital information about the real world. Instead children are still taught that there is a world other than this one. A world more real than this one. This is indefensible. You, on the other hand, want a world in which everyone is as ill-informed as you.

If you think my post was some sort of pun, you are in more trouble than I thought.
my old friend how are you? I agree but I see that you like to stir the pot... we challenge ourselves by letting us integrate.. sorry that is not
what I want to make it appear... I just want to help every one to integrate.. it is not wrong if someone can't understand things.. we just need
to help them to get involved...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back