Dragonball Super

Remove this Banner Ad

Gohan's back? please

His fight today against Lavender was epic.

I think the writers will use what happened as an excuse to have him train more and he'll come back pretty powerful.

When's The optimal time to start watching the Dub Temps?

If you've already seen Battle of Gods and Resurrection F movies then you're going to want to start watching at Episode 28 where they set the foundation for the first universal tournament.

All content from episode 28 onwards is exclusive to DB super.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you've already seen Battle of Gods and Resurrection F movies then you're going to want to start watching at Episode 28 where they set the foundation for the first universal tournament.

All content from episode 28 onwards is exclusive to DB super.
I knew it was around episode 30 but I couldn't remember. Cheers mate.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Finished the first volume.
Thoughts:
  • Beerus stating he ordered Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta because the inhabitants annoyed him I thought diminished the event.
  • The way Goku became a Super Saiyan God was tacky. I thought it could have been drawn out longer with it's own story arc
  • The idea of multiple universes is interesting
  • You can't have a Dragon Ball series without a martial arts tournament which is a plus. But one of the characters is Winnie the Pooh :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve been quite enjoying the last 20 episodes or so. Still not sure about this SS Blue business and not sure where the ultra instinct is going, but I just want Vegeta to do it as well lol.

Looks like the shows getting canned anyway, what a disappointment... the show not the cancellation.

It's not being completely cancelled. They are taking a hiatus.

Toei Animation has been overworked lately and that's why the production quality has dipped. (Again)

On top of that, a new Dragon Ball movie has been announced for December. They're going to focus all their resources onto that.

Super may not be the best show, but Dragon Ball as a brand name is bigger than ever. It competes with One Piece as the top shounen anime in Japan and sells more toys/games worldwide than ever before. They'd be stupid to cancel it completely!

Tournament of Power arc ends In March. New movie in December. Super will be back around April next year.

Will be a good chance for the staff to do some pre production this time and concentrate on writing a decent story. The start of super was very rushed and they had no time to lay groundwork. Each episode is always completed just a few hours before it's about to air. That's why the quality is always different from episode to episode.

The manga, done by toyotaro, is going to continue past the tv end of super, so there will be manga content to animate when the show cones back.

Not to mention the English dub will have time to catch up.

This is a good thing.

More than just a hiatus could return under a different name in 2019 but super has been canned.

It will definitely be back. Under whatever name.

They'd be insane to drop such a huge cash cow.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It will definitely be back. Under whatever name.

They'd be insane to drop such a huge cash cow.
Long as they get a proper structure to the story. The entire series has felt like " this happened and this happened" rather than a natural following story. It's pretty clear why interest has dropped off after peaking at the start of this arc, under use of characters and then they make a character like android 17 stronger than ultimate Gohan from the Buu arc with zero rational reasoning.( yes yes they did that it dbz to a degree but not to this level)

I hope they just give all writing duties to toyotaro than base the anime off his work, the multiple writers just isn't working.

Long as they get a proper structure to the story. The entire series has felt like " this happened and this happened" rather than a natural following story. It's pretty clear why interest has dropped off after peaking at the start of this arc, under use of characters and then they make a character like android 17 stronger than ultimate Gohan from the Buu arc with zero rational reasoning.( yes yes they did that it dbz to a degree but not to this level)

I hope they just give all writing duties to toyotaro than base the anime off his work, the multiple writers just isn't working.

This arc has been so underwhelming....

Youd think they'd have had it all planned and written out but as you said each week is a different person writing/directing and it's so damn messy.

Show needs a clear direction instead of just being "LUL, CUZ FAAANSERVICE!"

Not gonna miss all the db youtubers making up useless head canon week in week out and getting paid for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back