Dragonball Super

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't find Goku being able to access it again odd, the odd thing for me is that Vegeta can use a form higher than it without the ritual with literally no explanation as to how he did it.

That, is in fact, poor writing.
More annoying is the fact the anime didn't go with the obvious idea that the manga has, which is Vegeta learning how to use SSGRed which shows he can learn mastery of forms, which is why he got ascended SSGBlue.

Oh yeah hes dark blue hair deal was a major fan service ass pull. And the way he just kept getting up after "Using all his stamina" OH WAIT HES GOT MORE BLUE!
In the Vegeta V Hit match Whiss reveals that going SSGBlue burns stamina on start up which is how Hit beat Vegeta. But in this tournament Goku keeps going to the well over and over.

In fact the only time you see Goku struggle at all is at the end when his hair flicks between gold and black when they are making the final push V Jiren.

More annoying is the fact the anime didn't go with the obvious idea that the manga has, which is Vegeta learning how to use SSGRed which shows he can learn mastery of forms, which is why he got ascended SSGBlue.

In the Vegeta V Hit match Whiss reveals that going SSGBlue burns stamina on start up which is how Hit beat Vegeta. But in this tournament Goku keeps going to the well over and over.

In fact the only time you see Goku struggle at all is at the end when his hair flicks between gold and black when they are making the final push V Jiren.

A long time passes between the hit fight and the TOP.

You have to count the times that goku and Vegeta were in the hyperbolic time chamber during the black arc which took about 2 years of their lives

During this time it would have been assumed they mastered super Saiyan blue to the point where it doesn't drain stamina, just as Goku mastered the original Super Saiyan form to not drain any stamina in the cell arc.

A long time passes between the hit fight and the TOP.

You have to count the times that goku and Vegeta were in the hyperbolic time chamber during the black arc which took about 2 years of their lives

During this time it would have been assumed they mastered super Saiyan blue to the point where it doesn't drain stamina, just as Goku mastered the original Super Saiyan form to not drain any stamina in the cell arc.
I guess thats my other issue with it. If you are going to have a power as OP as this, then you need to keep its flaws. Kaioken is still something Goku used and it still has the same flaws it had back in the day. Potara earings kept their time limit flaw.

Still, least Goku didn't do something stupid like go SS Rose.

I guess thats my other issue with it. If you are going to have a power as OP as this, then you need to keep its flaws. Kaioken is still something Goku used and it still has the same flaws it had back in the day. Potara earings kept their time limit flaw.

Potara earrings never had a time limit flaw in Z. They added that into super as an excuse to de-fuse vegito blue since they wanted trunks to get the big win of the arc.

I'd argue kaioken has a flaw anymore since we saw Goku use x20 as blue against jiren multiple times in the TOP and he even sustained it when he was fighting alongside evolved blue vegeta.
x20 seems to be kaioken's limit though. Thank god.

I loved the finale but not so much the ending. The animation and soundtrack were so epic, I’ve watched it over like 3-4 times now. Freiza and Goku side by side was awesome and I loved 17 throughout this arc.

However, as said previously this has been a huge cash grab. Toys, spin offs, games and movies will keep the franchise churning out money for years to come now. Wish Toriyama had higher morales but whatever.

The movie is intriguing and I’ll follow any future franchises that come up, but power scaling is beyond Fd which severely hampered the shows credibility.

Btw SS rose is equally as strong as blue but was just changed Color to give off the sort of negative energy that zamasu had.

Blue is a calmer color and obviously they wanted to go with the exact opposite.

Just finished ToP! I may be in the minority but I think Super is far better than Z.

I recently re-watched everything. DB (Jap), DBZ (Jap), DBZ Kai (Eng), and DB Super (Jap.) Super's pacing, comedy, character development and inclusion of tournaments again make it more watchable than Z for me. Then again I've always been the minority who loves DB much, much more than Z.

Just drew my character from Xenoverse 2 which is a Saiyan (Although I kinda made him look like a Kai (could pretend he has a Kai mum and Saiyan dad lol)), Thoughts? I drew it from Scratch.

Ignore the Port guernsey, I'll draw him in his normal clothes soon.
I might be posting this in the wrong place so feel free to redirect it elsewhere. :)
wakai.PNG

This could be really good especially if it completely retcons the non cannon Broly and Bio Broly movies.

Going off that trailer, they didn't recognize him and his old man isn't dead either. And on a video I saw the Japanese voice actors for Broly and his father are the same as from the first movie.

So maybe they give him a proper backstory, instead of a crying baby making him so angry. And maybe don't kill him off at the end of the movie so that you could have him come back if you reboot the series down the line. There were some good movie villains that could have been expanded on or implemented better and it would be interesting to see where they go from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a complete re-imagining of the character from Akira Toriyama. From the explanation I read, he didnt actually have anything to do with Broly, his origin or his three movies. He was asked if he wanted to do a movie for Super, so he went back and watched the Broly Trilogy, liked what they did and decided to do his own take on the character.

Should be interesting!

Does this show have any of the genuine emotion of Z? Saw the first two movies of super and it seems like Toriyama loves his characters so much now that he will never put them in serious jeopardy so havent bothered with the show. Surprised its up to six seasons though. Someone must be watching it.
If you like Vegeta I can mount an argument for it - he gets pretty good character development throughout Super. The ending of the tournament of power saga, while rushed, is still pretty epic. Future Trunks saga is a mess tbh. Power scaling throughout all of Super is just Fd, but if you can look past that it's not the worst time investment ever

If you like Vegeta I can mount an argument for it - he gets pretty good character development throughout Super. The ending of the tournament of power saga, while rushed, is still pretty epic. Future Trunks saga is a mess tbh. Power scaling throughout all of Super is just Fd, but if you can look past that it's not the worst time investment ever
thanks

Just binged the entire series over the last 2 months. Absolutely loved it. Now reading the manga to see how much it differs from the anime

Remove this Banner Ad

Back