Dragonball Z

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty damn good, but there's some real crap in there as well.

Personally, I rate Teknoman as my favourite animated series (well PG series at least) and Samurai Champaloo is pretty cool also (definitely more towards the MA side of things though)

Korn said:
Dragonball Z is a classic, how long did the whole series went for? 10 years?

begining at the original "dragonball" series and ending with "dragonball GT(?)" probably.... then there is the 20 or so movies

I was obsessed when I was a kid. Still looking for the whole series on DVD to buy and watch when no-one's around :eek: .

IMO though the Buu saga wrecked it. Gohan was my favourite character and the guy got shafted by the writers when he could have been the most powerful person but instead 'had to go to school', then descended into mediocrity behind the rest of the cast in terms of power.

End geek rant.

I used to love the cartoon when i was 11/12/13/14 I can't remember how old I was. It was a pretty good and simple cartoon, it was different to most of the cartoons shown on the mornings. It was probably the most violent cartoon aimed for children, it had deaths, a little blood and sometimes blurred lines between good and evil with many evil characters turning good, it also had a long storyline spanning decades and generations.

But the episodes dragged on stories for too long, and too many of the fights were a matter of "the evil guy has the most power" "no now I have this special ability" "now his special ability is better" "now I have to dig deep down and get an even more powerful ability". I remember something about they had to drag out episdoes because at the time of the original airing it ran alongside the comic (which they copy the story) and needed to make a whole episode out of a certain portion of the comic (for example 20 pages or a chapter) which were sometimes lacking in actual action or storyline advancement.

I remember reading spoilers on the internet about the show but I stopped watching after they defeated that green dude who absorbed people and Gohan (the son of Goku right?) beat him. He was my fav too! When I read up that he doesn't do nothing special in future episodes it pissed me off. End geek rant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back