Official Team Thread Dragons FFC S25 Official Team Thread - #breathefire - Congratulations Blaze Storm! S25 BnF winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Now it's time to announce the winner of the coveted Ljp86 award for season 25!

1st

View attachment 528549

But as always, there is only one winner. Blaze Storm accepted a position as my co captain for season 25, in previous seasons he has always been there or abouts in the place getters, but the added role of captain has seen him set the season alight, finishing in the midfield in the All SFA, it goes to show how highly regarded he is, not just within the club, but in the league as a whole. After debuting in season 23, he’s had his best season to date, and has capped off his season with the LjP86 award, aswell as the MVP award, finishing with a whopping 345 votes, well ahead of the runner up.

Congratulations on a terrific season as captain, and thanks for your assistance this season, in not just managing the team stats, but everything else you’ve assisted myself with. You are a deserving winner, and it’s been an honor to captain the club with you this season.

Let's give a standing ovation for tonights winner!

Well done, Blaze Storm

'tis a fine tradition of captains winning the B&F that you perpetuate :p

What a terrific season and all. This was my first season in taking the lead role as the captain, and I am delighted to how it all turned out for us. After a shaky start in the off season, I’d like to think the club made an improvement as a whole as the season took off. Of course we had a disappointing end after a fantastic home and away season, but I don’t think that can take away from everything that was achieved with taking home our fourth minor premiership as a club, and an unbeaten run in the second half of the season. We were an unbeatable unit at times throughout the season, and that’s a testament to the great effort of all the individuals that make the club.

We had a brilliant attack on the ball, always willing to back eachother up, on and off the field, and as captain, it was brilliant viewing. We are considered to be bland and vanilla from certain clubs, but I don’t think there’s a need to be antagonistic, but we have our own unique culture at the club, and I’d like to think it’s the best in the league. What we bring to the match threads isn’t antagonism, but humour, witty and imaginative, our imitation of the Hawks persona’s is an example of that.

Of course, as co captain, I would like to acknowledge the brilliant effort of my right hand man, Blaze Storm for all his efforts this season. I honestly don’t think the club could have ran half aswell as it did if it wasn’t for his assistance. He had a huge task in co-ordinating the clubs posting and sim stats, and he did it all on his own, it’s a huge task. His brilliant season was topped up after winning the TFLUA Tiger award, and his first appearance in the all SFA and his first Ljp86 award, so thanks and congratulation mate.

I would also like to acknowledge our leadership group this season, WFL, cammo6556, Pie 4 Life and PhenomenalV1. It’s one of the best leadership groups I’ve had the pleasure of working alongside with. Their efforts in helping to run the club in the direction we wished to go was huge, and always keen on seeing the club improve. Thanks fella’s!

Every season there are always new players that join a club, this season we saw the return of club stalwart, Danoz, but we also bought in two new Dragons to pull on the green and black, PhenomenalV1 and mike123.

PhenomenalV1 came from the Bombers after a controversial ending as a bomber, but became an instanr fan favourite, and he’s leadership qualities was evident from the start. He was ever present in the leadership group and worked tirelessly from day 1.

The much unheralded mike123 came to us from the Roys, and when I first signed up as captain, I made it my mission to bring him aboard, as I knew his qualities from our time together at the Wolves, and he didn’t disappoint. His entertainment alongside WFL was brilliant, bringing their own unique sense of humour to the club.

Season 26 will see the brilliant xenxen bring her talent to the club, as well as an amazing group of rookies. Our leadership group is excited to see Xenxen strut her stuff at Dragon Island, and we can’t wait to see what our rookies bring to the table.

Unfortunately we must also say goodbye to a good bunch of people. I’d like to thank The Half Back, vanders and iBeng who will sadly be departing for pastures anew. Let’s all stand to give them a round of applause as we salute their efforts for the Dragons.

I can’t keep you all night, so I hope you’ve all had an enjoyable night to celebrate the season that was and I look forward to posting alongside you all for season 26 which starts in a matter of weeks.

Finally, let's give a round of applause for all our award winners tonight, and everyone that made the season one to remember for the club!

Cheers everyone!

2nd –

View attachment 528544

The runner up for the much coveted LJP86 award, also in his first season for the club, we have the ever consistent and reliable mike123 with 217 votes. Mike had a massive finals campaign to surge into 2nd for the race to the best and fairest, and enjoyed a very successful debut season as a Dragon, playing predominantly in the midfield, with the occasional stint in the half forward line. The winner of the clubman award for season 25, he was a massive coup heading into the season, and we will continue to expect big things from him next season to back up a massive debut season for the club.
IMG_3955.JPG

I wasn't expecting this and didn't think it was possible after the half way mark, although my math is pretty terrible.

I'd have to say this a bigger achievement then when I won it at the Wolves. There was much more completion this year.

And also congratulation Blaze for taking out the BNF, well deserved I hope you Back it up next season.

Great night had Hatchy. Congratulations to all the award winners. A great season had by all.

Welcome aboard the rookies and xenxen.

Good luck in your new venture
The Half Back.

Here is going one step further in Season 26 team.

Go Dragons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit I kicked his arse and I won't hear anyone say otherwise.
Flesh+wound.jpg

Another above average season from the Dragons. Looks like I'm leaving in the same circumstances that I arrived in, losing in the finals.

Has been an honour to play for this club for some 9 seasons across two seperate stints. There's not too many people left here that were around when I started, Ljp86 and Pie 4 Life were the only two that were in my first game that are still here, which is a testament to both of you. Congrats to all the winners tonight and thanks for the send off.

If you are going to continue your gimmick of copying avatars next season, can at least get someone that is a quality poster to take mine? Thanks a lot and goodbye xx

Another above average season from the Dragons. Looks like I'm leaving in the same circumstances that I arrived in, losing in the finals.

Has been an honour to play for this club for some 9 seasons across two seperate stints. There's not too many people left here that were around when I started, Ljp86 and Pie 4 Life were the only two that were in my first game that are still here, which is a testament to both of you. Congrats to all the winners tonight and thanks for the send off.

If you are going to continue your gimmick of copying avatars next season, can at least get someone that is a quality poster to take mine? Thanks a lot and goodbye xx
I already baggsed yours

What a fantastic count, a credit to Hatchy1992 and the team for putting the awards night together. It is always an important part of the season and to have such a great count is reward for the all of the hard work that has been put into the night. Despite not having the season that we wanted, to make another finals series and win through to a preliminary final is still a pretty good effort overall. The leadership of the club has been great this season and that is something the whole leadership group in Hatchy1992, Blaze Storm, cammo6556, PhenomenalV1, Pie 4 Life and WFL can be proud of.

Congratulations to Blaze Storm on winning the Best and Fairest award but also for winning the MVP award as well. To win the B&F by a long way in the end is testament to the fantastic season that you've had and how important your on-field play has been to the Dragons this season. I mentioned you a number of times during the season as either our best player or one of our best in our match threads so to see you win the award is a great reward for your efforts. Well done also to mike123 and PhenomenalV1 on taking out second and third place in the B&F too. Both of you had great seasons, are now important members of the club and it has been great to see you both do well after coming to the Dragons from other clubs at the beginning of Season 25.

Another congratulations to mike123 on winning the Best Clubman award. To win the award in your first season at the Dragons is an excellent achievement and one you can certainly be proud of. To go from being a new player at the club to Best Clubman and runner-up in the B&F in one season is a super effort and I hope you can be around at the Dragons for a number of seasons to come.

Well done to my old mate Pie 4 Life on taking out the Captains' Award for Season 25. It has been great to see you back posting at the club for the last few seasons, taking a great interest in the Dragons and becoming a big part of the club again after a bit of a break. I hope you can hang around with the club for a while yet and help with the leadership of the club for the foreseeable future.

It is always sad to see players leave but a special mention to The Half Back who has been around for a while and played under me in his first stint at the Dragons. Hopefully we'll see you back in Dragons' colours sometime soon.

Finally, welcome xenxen to the Dragons. Nice to have you on board for the coming season and I have no doubt you will make a big impact at the club in Season 26. Welcome also to our new rookies in boneofshin, CinnaMay, mistylake, Pea Nut and Waynesworld. With a number of rookies at the club for Season 26 it is sure to be an exciting time to be at the Dragons next season.

Well done to all and hopefully we can have another great season in Season 26. :thumbsu:

I already baggsed yours

No I'm Spartacus

So with the top 3 announced, the final leaderboard for the Ljp86 award looks like this:

Blaze Storm 345

Mike123 217

PhenomenalV1 197

WFL - 196

Hatchy1992 - 147

VSTone - 142

Cammo6556 - 122

Pie 4 Life - 103

LJP86 - 84

Chefmeister - 33

KnifeySpooney - 27

Vanders - 26

mooresome -16

Danoz -11

Jatz -10

Determinant -8

iBeng- 7

Daniel1812 - 6

The Half Back - 5

AmericanCrow - 5

6/8 leadership group. Here’s to rigging the votes.... I mean, playing well....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back