Official Team Thread Dragons FFC Season 27 - Official Team Thread - Congratulations AceAndy, Season 27 Ljp86 Trophy winner!

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, here it is, the last briefing before the season officially begins.

In somewhere between 3 to 15 hours, the first match threads of Season 27 will be posted, and with them, the dawn of a new era at Dragons FFC.

It's no secret that we're not the league's most popular team, and maybe that's been our fault over the last couple of seasons, as we became defensive of our flaws, and shut ourselves off from the rest of the comp...

But now, we've brought ourselves back up, with a young and hungry captain, and a crop of fresh rookies the likes of which this club hasn't seen in a while. Perhaps we'll become surprise premiers...

Tomorrow, we open the season against our old rivals the East Side Hawks, in former Dragon The Half Back's 200th SFA game. It's on our agenda to spoil the occasion.

The road to Sunday afternoon when the game is posted will be a long one, and I expect every new rookie to post at least 20 times in the match thread, do you hear me AceAndy, Bluella, SaltPeter, PeanutButter Pies, Andrew Birch? (Cold Sober's out suspended). Veterans, try not to get into shitfights about banter and posting style...

The next four months are going to be pivotal to my captaincy, our on field performance and posting levels will make or break me. I'm hoping for the former.

It's been too long since the premiership flag was flown at Dragon Island. Let's make this season a good one.

#BurnItDown
Go easy Fuhrer.

Wait till he rolls out some of his special GIFs :oops:

The gifs are just to keep me amused in the off season. When the season kicks off and the Qootball is bounced for the first time in anger, you will have front row seats to the KohPhi show.
A show featuring one of the greatest fake sportsman going around. Me.

The gifs are just to keep me amused in the off season. When the season kicks off and the Qootball is bounced for the first time in anger, you will have front row seats to the KohPhi show.
A show featuring one of the greatest fake sportsman going around. Me.
Looking forward to round 4 when we get a crack at the Bombers.

Alright, here it is, the last briefing before the season officially begins.

In somewhere between 3 to 15 hours, the first match threads of Season 27 will be posted, and with them, the dawn of a new era at Dragons FFC.

It's no secret that we're not the league's most popular team, and maybe that's been our fault over the last couple of seasons, as we became defensive of our flaws, and shut ourselves off from the rest of the comp...

But now, we've brought ourselves back up, with a young and hungry captain, and a crop of fresh rookies the likes of which this club hasn't seen in a while. Perhaps we'll become surprise premiers...

Tomorrow, we open the season against our old rivals the East Side Hawks, in former Dragon The Half Back's 200th SFA game. It's on our agenda to spoil the occasion.

The road to Sunday afternoon when the game is posted will be a long one, and I expect every new rookie to post at least 20 times in the match thread, do you hear me AceAndy, Bluella, SaltPeter, PeanutButter Pies, Andrew Birch? (Cold Sober's out suspended). Veterans, try not to get into shitfights about banter and posting style...

The next four months are going to be pivotal to my captaincy, our on field performance and posting levels will make or break me. I'm hoping for the former.

It's been too long since the premiership flag was flown at Dragon Island. Let's make this season a good one.

#BurnItDown

I take offense at the implication that previous captains weren't young and hungry.

... actually (looks at watch)... No, you're quite right there, go ahead.

PhenomenalV1, our fearless leader.

Rules of engagement??

Don't take the opposition banter too seriously.

Be funny, not offensive.

Play your heart out on the qooty field.

Enjoy yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win Dragons, good to get our season off to a positive start. We started the game in a flurry and held a handy lead at half time before the match tightened up in the second half. Things looked as if they would get close but we managed to defend well enough in the last few minutes to get ourselves a win.

Solid game from Hatchy1992 in the midfield, ably supported by SaltPeter and gym4life. PhenomenalV1 lead the team well up forward with six goals while PeanutButter Pies kicked four and Pie 4 Life booted two to provide good support to the skipper.

An important win for us in the first round, something we haven't done a lot of in recent seasons. Time for us to back it up next week in the second game of our early season road trip. :thumbsu:

Go Dragons!! :thumbsu:

Well that probably didn't go planned, Dragons. We had a great start but it all sort of went awry from there and the second half we certainly fell off the pace a bit.

We had some really impressive performances though with gym4life starring in the ruck with Blaze Storm, Hatchy1992, AceAndy, Pea Nut and SaltPeter all had solid contributions.

While we didn't come away with the right result, we started pretty well and hopefully we can build on that in the next game and work towards a four quarter effort. :thumbsu:

Go Dragons!! :thumbsu:

Yeah good thanks, thanks for asking Phenom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back