Dragons-Sharks Combined Team Thread

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
This is where the merge is discussed, deciding upon a name signing on players, designing a logo, generally making sure the Sharks - Dragons combined team is successful in 2008.

I take it Franskton Rover and a member of the Dragons (Pie4Life maybe) will co-captain/coach the club in its inaugural year.

Thanks,

TFLUA-Tiger

Looks like the decisions been made for us....

Hopefully guys can understand that this will make us one of the most powerful sides in the Sweet FA. And hopefully guys are prepared to bury the hatchet and move on together.

If anyone is really not happy and wants to leave, while I'd be disappointed, that's your decision.

In the end, I think we will have one hell of a club and a team that can win a premiership.

I'll get a list going of interested players for the Southern Dragons:

Frankston Rover
Pie4Life
Fantastic Crows
Tuhob
eth-dog
The Reaper
CrowGirl74

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
Looks like the decisions been made for us....

Hopefully guys can understand that this will make us one of the most powerful sides in the Sweet FA. And hopefully guys are prepared to bury the hatchet and move on together.

If anyone is really not happy and wants to leave, while I'd be disappointed, that's your decision.

In the end, I think we will have one hell of a club and a team that can win a premiership.

Had to happen for the good of the league.

You two teams are the most likely to make the merger work too. :thumbsu:

Thanks TFLUA Tiger.... I guess :cool:

FR, Moo is in our team and not sure whether LJP would agree with the merge but he is a good forward as is The Reaper. :thumbsu:

The Southern Dragons has the players to become a powerhouse of the SFA.

And eth-dog is interested in joining.

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
What the ****?

Since when did we have to ****ing merge?

Sorry, it's for the good of the competition.

I hope you play for the Southern Dragons as you are a great poster for the Dragons, and for the competition.

Sorry, it's for the good of the competition.

I hope you play for the Southern Dragons as you are a great poster for the Dragons, and for the competition.

You can't just come in here and start making changes without consulting anyone.

The idea was thrown out for one day and now you're changing the whole structure of the comp. We haven't even properly discussed the whole thing nor have the players from either side been consulted properly.

Not happy about this.

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
Well if you feel that strongly about it, take it as a proposal.

If it does't have the support within a month. We'll go back to the Dragons and the Sharks originally and find two other teams to merge.

You know what would have happened if immense discussion would have taken place. People saying they agreed/people saying they disagreed.

Nothing would happen. The competition would have to function with 9 teams.

If it comes down to playing 9 teams in the roster i'll do it, but I'd much prefer 8 and I see the Dragons and Sharks as the two most likely to get on with each other when a merge took place.

I can tell you right now, I don't at all plan on making another drastic decision like this one.

This competition has never been a big posting one. It has always had a moderate amount of posts.

Frankston Rover took over as administrator at the start of season 2007 and life came back into the forum with a lot more posts. It was only short-lived though and things went back to the way they have always been.

Get rid of teams that literally have no posters, Las Vegas Bears and the All-Stars would be a good start.

This competition has never been a big posting one. It has always had a moderate amount of posts.

Frankston Rover took over as administrator at the start of season 2007 and life came back into the forum with a lot more posts. It was only short-lived though and things went back to the way they have always been.

Get rid of teams that literally have no posters, Las Vegas Bears and the All-Stars would be a good start.

AllStars had no posters to begin with.

I know some of you are unhappy and I really wanted the Sharks to work but in reality, 12 teams are way too many.

Pie and I are happy to put our teams up because we can see the potential in this side.

Give TFLUA Tiger a go and give this merger a go. If you don't like it, feel free to look elsewhere.

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
1.This competition has never been a big posting one. It has always had a moderate amount of posts.

2.Get rid of teams that literally have no posters, Las Vegas Bears and the All-Stars would be a good start.

1. That's what I'm aiming to change, making sure that each team has 10 + constant posters instead of 4-5.

2. The Bears and the All Stars have gone, as have the Swampies.

That leaves 9 teams. We had to cut a team or merge one to make the competition have 8 teams.

High Ryder, sorry you feel that way, hope you play for the combined side, or failing that, stay in the competition.

1. That's wat I'm aiming to change, making sure that each team has 10 + constant posters instead of 4-5.

2. The Bears and the All Stars have gone, as have the Swampies.

That leaves 9 teams. We had to cut a team or merge one to make the competition have 8 teams.

High Ryder, sorry you feel that way, hope you play for the combined side, or failing that, stay in the competition.

I dare you to switch clubs and come play for us ;)

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
I'm tempted Pie.

We'll see, I have to consult with my Furie boys.

I'm a tiger boy at heart after all

May 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham & Redbacks
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm personally happy about the situation, but I can see where you are coming from LJP. I'm excited, heaps of potential, but I'll see how it turns out because we could still be gibbed. Looking forward to it, been a couple of shocking seasons for the Dragons, so I'm for the merge.

Back