Review Draw v Caaaaaarlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, thank **** we got a draw! Got to give the Tiggers credit, they deserve their depot after their past couple of months.
% would have saved us even if Gibbs kicked a point. Still a draw was the 2nd best outcome.

I wasn't going to be surprised either way on the result today. and to be honest a draw is probably the best thing for our players mentally going into next week.

A win would give them too much confidence and a loss may take too much away.

Although im not sure what needs to happen to some of these players to make them show up for 4 quarters every week. Maybe if they lose a close final that will drive them to want to win every game!

We are a big chance next week, 2 totally even teams.

Lack of a third tall defender hurt us. Ryder fantastic, just zero mistakes, just gone to another level this year. Colyer in the second was brilliant. North are as inconsistent as we are, we're a big chance next week.

Lack of a third tall defender hurt us. Ryder fantastic, just zero mistakes, just gone to another level this year. Colyer in the second was brilliant. North are as inconsistent as we are, we're a big chance next week.

Also Boomer not playing is a bonus sick of him tearing us a new one.

Hibberd can cover Watson every day of the week if his mind is on the job...paid him no respect and was served four goals in return.

I read nothing into next week from this game.Pretty much the whole team went at 50% ,clearly saving themselves for next week - not my preferred methodology but we'll see next week how smart an approach it was.

I imagine we'll be at least competitive and will be unsurprised if we win. All year,for better or worse, we've played to the level of our opposition - against top 8 sides we've either beaten them or been in a position to win every game barring the first game with Sydney.

31 points up midway through the 3rd quarter. 10 of the previous 11 goals under our belt. Depleted bottom 6 opposition with nothing to play for. It's harder to lose the momentum than keep it at that point.

Our inability to close out teams is mind blowing. We've had, what, 3 comfortable wins all year? Good teams can clinically put away inferior opposition. We're not very good unfortunately.

Thankfully North are pretty average themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

31 points up midway through the 3rd quarter. 10 of the previous 11 goals under our belt. Depleted bottom 6 opposition with nothing to play for. It's harder to lose the momentum than keep it at that point.

Our inability to close out teams is mind blowing. We've had, what, 3 comfortable wins all year? Good teams can clinically put away inferior opposition. We're not very good unfortunately.

Thankfully North are pretty average themselves.

Hawks a good example last night.

Missed it. Short synopsis please
roller-coaster-ftr.jpg

Can't believe he didn't make the distance. Thumped one through the posts off one step early in the 2nd quarter.

Must have been rooted. Heppel got the better of him late.

Oh I pretty much pencilled it in, and from where I was sitting it looked straight as well. Might have got too close to winderlich on the mark as well

We should have killed the game in the 3rd quarter, but we were very lucky to somehow get away with that

Oh I pretty much pencilled it in, and from where I was sitting it looked straight as well. Might have got too close to winderlich on the mark as well

We should have killed the game in the 3rd quarter, but we were very lucky to somehow get away with that
I had penciled in Sheehan's kick. Beautiful kick he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back