Review Draw v Caaaaaarlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I've often wondered over the journey whether our players have had to endure spiteful barbs over this s**t on the football field.
It's one thing to sledge but even in cricket that sledging can take on a horrible personal tone.

This could account for an increased bitter rivalry

Bomber- we are an inconsistent side

The players- we are working on trying to be more consistent.

All football analysis in media- the bombers once they get over being inconsistent and can string four quarters together will challenge.

Most supporters-god why cant we string 2 quarters together let alone 4.

Yaco- We aren't inconsistent.

Oh well if Yaco says it then I guess we arent ;)

Why has no team had more than 25 scoring shots against us ? It's consistently been in the range of 20 to 25 shots per game - People think we are inconsistent because the forward line doesn't function often enough - Where have the been the games where sides have had 30/35/40 scoring shots ? I would prefer a higher level of overall performance in games, and that's something to work on in 2015.

I think we are consistent in our defence, but not in our defensive application in the midfield and forward line. It is easy to see when our effort lifts. So yes our performance has been consistent in some respects, but our ability to perform at the required level to beat teams has not been. That is where our pressure and effort/intensity has to be at a raised level which we struggle to maintain.

This is fairly much my argument - We need to improve the overall level of performance over a full year - We need to raise the bar higher!

And I'd also prefer, just for once, that we didn't lose to sides we're clearly better than.

Look at Hawthorn- when was the last time they lost to a cellar dweller?

If it's not inconsistency, and I still hold out that it is, it's mental weakness.

If it's not inconsistency, and I still hold out that it is, it's mental weakness.

It can't be anything else. I can't buy that it's just dumb luck that's seen us fall to one of the worst performed sides in modern history with regularity.

You can predict this stuff. You can predict when they'll excel - the second Collingwood game held no fears for me because I knew they'd almost certainly overestimate an opponent that all of a sudden was thin on personnel (and they haven't been when matching up against us for a while, if memory serves). And then you just knew that they'd have immense difficulty with a vastly inferior side in WB.

Anytime anyone crows about how we're absolutely going to belt pitiful opposition, I wonder if they've watched a sequence of 4 Essendon games in the past decade. There's nothing business-like about this side, just vague hints of it now and then.

If you're in doubt as to what to do, **** Carlton.
When you're feeling a bit blue, **** Carlton.
When you need a new tattoo, 'cause the old one just won't do, **** Carlton.

When you feel like you're doing fine, **** Carlton.
When someone brings up '99, **** Carlton.
When you need an orange, but have just got a lime, **** Carlton.

Just locked out of the Carlton thread. HA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back