Autopsy Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, loved Johnsons effort, just needs to give first option when it's hot in games.

On the bad, Walker and Draper kick to kick at the back should be highly discouraged going forward. They both mark and run well, but controlled kicking they do not do

A) Darcy looked underdone, Jackson gave us the extra midfield at cba's we needed. Darcy should have been subbed for mine. Cameron gave him a bath.

B) with Darcy, Fyfe, Emmett, Draper and Walker on the field, it was clear we were handball happy due to poor footskills and decision making, then resorting to a "safe" kicking game that was only inviting pressure....getting Wagner on helped us. I don't think we can carry that many bad kicks and decision makers.
Simpson and Wagner in next week for me. We need pace and dare.

Get the ball in Young's hands at all costs. It's not brain surgery. Give the ball to your best kickers. It's called football, after all.

A) Darcy looked underdone, Jackson gave us the extra midfield at cba's we needed. Darcy should have been subbed for mine. Cameron gave him a bath.

B) with Darcy, Fyfe, Emmett, Draper and Walker on the field, it was clear we were handball happy due to poor footskills and decision making, then resorting to a "safe" kicking game that was only inviting pressure....getting Wagner on helped us. I don't think we can carry that many bad kicks and decision makers.
Simpson and Wagner in next week for me. We need pace and dare.

Get the ball in Young's hands at all costs. It's not brain surgery. Give the ball to your best kickers. It's called football, after all.
I thought the same about Darcy heading into the last, but he was immense in that final phase.

Walker kicking is fine.
Draper needs a rest, just hope his confidence doesn’t get shot if he gets dropped.

But yeah, Fyfe and walters need a freshen up. Emmett needs to go out for Freddie.

Just have to see if anyone stands up at peel on the weekend. None of the forwards there have been screaming to be picked.

Carrying Walters and an expected two to three stuff ups from Emmett weekly are costly.

Sharp is becoming a goal kicking winger. Great value to any side. He could have iced it for us, but he was huge.
Sharp has been such a massive surprise. Goal kicking winger, gets back in defence runs up and down all day. Exceeded my expectations by some way.

Hard not to be happy when halfway through the quarter it was dire straits.

Positives:

Banfield, sharp, Clarke, Switta and Wagner when he came on (unsurprising that they are all attacking players).

-Team showed heart, albeit late.

Negatives
  • skill issues and over hand balling. Poor instruction to players not to kick.
  • we are very poor in the air forward of the ball.
  • Johnson had a mare but I back him in; needs games.
  • obvious personnel problems and JLo’s stubbornness is costing us:

- Draper has been v poor for a month. Will surely be dropped for Wagner.

- Darcy is clearly unfit. I’ll get criticized for this but I just do not get a professional athlete carrying 5-10kg of excess weight. Especially one with chronic knee issues? Look at max gawn.

- Walters - has to go. I get that he gets the best defender (Quaynor) but he’s so off that he gets dominated and doesn’t even nullify. Simpson sturt Erasmus all would offer more IMV or at least give them a shot.

- fyfe - had that great game a month ago but has been incredibly poor since. It’s a tough one but I do wonder if the team would be better overall if Brodie played.

- Emmett - needs a year of skill work. He will be a player but not right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The interesting thing about the Darcy free kick is about 5 minutes earlier Sidebottom & Serong were competing in a stoppage & the ump called a ball up. The ball was under Sidebottom & the ump said twice “Steele can you pass me the ball!” Sidebottom ignored his request, stepped over it & ran off. So did Caleb, but he didn’t ask him.

The ump Nicholls, who paid the kick against Daicos for Darcy’s goal was not happy & visibly shook his head. Paybacks a bitch.

Regarding Collingwood and umpires. The number of throws Daicos gets away with that lead to centre clearances… I noticed at least four very clear instances.

A couple ended up in goals. He is getting umpired by a different set of rules. You know it’s bad when Brian says ‘that’s a clear throw again’. ‘That’s a few times now he has got away with throws’.

Some Freo players played really well. A handful played poorly. It's obvious we need more out of Emmett and Walters.

Do we have the players for Peel to replace them? I'm not sure.

Would Voss have helped our forward line? He played a good game last week and was dropped while others keep getting games.

There's no such thing as credits in the bank. It's not a form slump, he's just done. He's lost the thing that made up for his shortcomings, now all he has are shortcomings.

He's no longer a bull in the midfield. He's just a slow player who can't kick.
Such rubbish, he was BOG a few games ago.

The interesting thing about the Darcy free kick is about 5 minutes earlier Sidebottom & Serong were competing in a stoppage & the ump called a ball up. The ball was under Sidebottom & the ump said twice “Steele can you pass me the ball!” Sidebottom ignored his request, stepped over it & ran off. So did Caleb, but he didn’t ask him.

The ump Nicholls, who paid the kick against Daicos for Darcy’s goal was not happy & visibly shook his head. Paybacks a bitch.
Like I said earlier, the Pies have been doing this ever since McRae took over. Glad the umps are getting sick of it.

Such rubbish, he was BOG a few games ago.

Which game was this? A few is usually three. He was definitely not best on 3 games ago.

I will check the coaches votes.

He has had one or two ok games this year. And been a legend of the club. And is now not up to it. He is a liability.

Hard not to be happy when halfway through the quarter it was dire straits.

Positives:

Banfield, sharp, Clarke, Switta and Wagner when he came on (unsurprising that they are all attacking players).

-Team showed heart, albeit late.

Negatives
  • skill issues and over hand balling. Poor instruction to players not to kick.
  • we are very poor in the air forward of the ball.
  • Johnson had a mare but I back him in; needs games.
  • obvious personnel problems and JLo’s stubbornness is costing us:

- Draper has been v poor for a month. Will surely be dropped for Wagner.

- Darcy is clearly unfit. I’ll get criticized for this but I just do not get a professional athlete carrying 5-10kg of excess weight. Especially one with chronic knee issues? Look at max gawn.

- Walters - has to go. I get that he gets the best defender (Quaynor) but he’s so off that he gets dominated and doesn’t even nullify. Simpson sturt Erasmus all would offer more IMV or at least give them a shot.

- fyfe - had that great game a month ago but has been incredibly poor since. It’s a tough one but I do wonder if the team would be better overall if Brodie played.

- Emmett - needs a year of skill work. He will be a player but not right now.

I agree with both your positive and negative comments.

Collingwood are masters of milking everything they can out of set plays. Last year in the final stages of the GF they conceded a 6-6-6 warning so they could get a ball up, which tends to advantage Cox.

Which game was this? A few is usually three. He was definitely not best on 3 games ago.

I will check the coaches votes.

He has had one or two ok games this year. And been a legend of the club. And is now not up to it. He is a liability.
Dogs game.
Draper, Walters, Emmett, I agree with everyone they're not playing well enough.

We need to persist with Fyfe and Darcy.

The draw is going to gloss over a tonne of cracks that would have been projected further had we actually lost

Our pressure would be in the bottom
4 in the league and is nowhere close to top 8 standard. Furthermore our ability to handle pressure is so substandard.

JL got absolutely demolished in the coaches
Box, especially behind the ball. Zero
Propensity to change anything and continually backs in the same players expecting different results.
How the hell does fyfe continue to get so many CBAs? Started last on NDaicos
Who had 4 touches in a blink

So many substandard players being gifted games and a stand needs to be made.

Play Ras, Play Simpson, play Brodie I guarantee they will be hungrier than some at the moment

Emmett needs to go he isn’t afl standard

Walters and Fyfe are done. There is zero benefit playing them in the team. They are net negatives.

The coach/captain/wellness dog (had a great game) combination is too soft to take this club further

Remove this Banner Ad

Back