Autopsy Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Our greatest strength this year has been our midfield and our clearance domination, Collingwood did very well to account for this by pushing HHF’a and backs up to the contest to create what were very very congested contests that didn’t let our midfield go to work. Combined with a lot of fumbles in what looked like slippery conditions, that took our one wood away from us. We didn’t seem to have a plan b until the last 7-8 minutes when we started moving the ball quickly and minimising contests. If our midfield is beaten or subdued we don’t have a way of winning at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is why when they had that clearance like Serong had he twice handballed it when he should of been driving it deep in our fwd line. Both times was a turnover due to that extra unnecessary handball

I'm happy for Johnson to keep having a go at breaking tackles - he's broken the 6th most this year across the entire afl. Once he gets a bit stronger he'll be so hard to tackle and it will be a weapon for us

He needs to use the fend off judiciously, not go searching for it every time. Just make the best decision for the team MJ, put the ego away!!

Fck hard to please.
I went through the first page ,skipped to last.
I winder is there a buch of supporters that are prepared to tear their team apart like ours. Drives me fckn crazy.
Is "winder" a mid season hint?
As for Mcrae, he is a former teacher & therefore well versed in the art of having a whinge, while not appearing to do so.
(I have worked in education)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pearce going forward was a set play. Both he and Ryan were signalling to the bench after Young's goal to get the all clear to do it.
I was going to say exactly that, they were both signalling "W" presumably for a roll the dice for a win mode.
Pearce went to the forward half of our wing for the next two bounces.

I don’t see how you’re dropping Emmett before Walters though based on form. I can’t think of a single good thing Sonny did all game but I can think of a couple from Emmett.

Overall I think Emmett probably contributed a bit more than Sonny last night, but his pressure wasn’t as good. He had 13 pressure acts and 1 tackle compared to Walters 20 pressure acts and 3 tackles. I think going on the season so far Emmett goes out first for me, zero game awareness and no composure

He has been s**t this year, but you are wrong about last year he kicked 33 goals in 20 games our second highest goal scorer

Last year was a shit year, not sure what to tell you! He goes to ground, plays for frees and runs up and down on the spot. He’s done and has been for some time.

You need forward pressure.

I don't see Emmett getting dropped, until someone in the WAFL can bring the same pressure and takes his spot.

Running around like a bull at a gate makes him very noticeable and it seems like he is putting in the effort but that doesn’t equate to more pressure on the opposition when it counts

Hypothetical, if extra time was available last night to decide the match would we have all taken it?

Nope. As soon as we evened it up, Collingwood took over again, they went back into attack mode and we were holding on till the siren.

I want to win like everyone else and I’m sure the team would have taken extra time, but we were outplayed last night, we gained 2 points we didn’t lose 2 points.

The other turnover merchant.
It was Switta, Brayshaw Serong and Young with Darcy. Johnson was on the bench at the end bit.
I'm just saying he wasn't turning it over once he got put inside mid, like fyfe was.
I mean Johnson was turning it over on the wing but in the last few minutes he did a lot better than fyfe in the inside mid role.

I'm just saying he wasn't turning it over once he got put inside mid, like fyfe was.
He got caught trying to fend off 5 tacklers in his first possession in there late before he was sent to the bench. He had an easy handball he could have taken instead. He, Fyfe and Emmett ended up on the bench

He got caught trying to fend off 5 tacklers in his first possession in there late before he was sent to the bench. He had an easy handball he could have taken instead. He, Fyfe and Emmett ended up on the bench

Fair enough, still need to drop Fyfe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back