Drawdown to 35 List Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you please quote the post where I said I want to move Talia on? I've literally never mentioned him. You've concocted this theory that I want Talia gone because I said Lake wasn't 'perennially injured'.

And I'm the youtube conspiracy theorist :drunk:

More make believe stuff from the board's finest.

Lake was perenially injured.
I gave you the statistics of games missed.

You were wrong.

Why else would you support the same clown you always support by saying it if you didnt agree with him?

Either that or you're trolling.

Lake was perenially injured.
I gave you the statistics of games missed.

You were wrong.

Can you please quote the post where I said I want to move Talia on?

BTW - Brian Lake missed a massive total of two games between 2005-10, had a knee issue in 2011, playing just five games, bounced back in 2012 to miss just two games, before being traded to Hawthorn. Lake played 14 AFL seasons for 251 games, an average of 17.9 games per season, which includes 2002 (1 game, debut season) and 2011 (an injury interrupted year) :kissingheart:

Last edited:
Can you please quote the post where I said I want to move Talia on?

BTW - Brian Lake missed a massive total of two games between 2005-10, had a knee issue in 2011, playing just five games, bounced back in 2012 to miss just two games, before being traded to Hawthorn. :kissingheart:

So he missed a total of 24 games in 3 seasons before the trade?
And then when he went to the hawks he missed another half a season and multiple games in the full seasons.

Remember the other guy was comparing to Daniel Talia who has missed about 4 games through injury in his entire career.

The club that was 'smart and successful' recruited the 31 year old (or whatever he was) that had missed 24 games in 3 seasons.
They certainly wouldnt ahve thrown out the guy who is an even better player and has missed 4 games in 8 seasons.

That's my point and i think its pretty clear.

So he missed a total of 24 games in 3 seasons before the trade?
And then when he went to the hawks he missed another half a season and multiple games in the full seasons.

Remember the other guy was comparing to Daniel Talia who has missed about 4 games through injury in his entire career.

The club that was 'smart and successful' recruited the 31 year old (or whatever he was) that had missed 24 games in 3 seasons.
They certainly wouldnt ahve thrown out the guy who is an even better player and has missed 4 games in 8 seasons.

So no Taliagate resolution then? Cool.

How do you figure 24 in three seasons?
To simplify it even further;

- Missed zero games in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Missed two games in 2007 and 2012
- Missed 17 games in 2011

At best, 19 games in three seasons.
Reality, 2011 was an outlier in generally a very strong pre-Hawthorn recruitment career, and very much not "always injured".
Hawthorn knew what they were doing, they did it well, they did it correctly, and they got a Norm Smith Medallist, three-time premiership defender from it.

"its what the hawks would do"

What the hawks actually did: recruit a 31 year old always injured Brian Lake

Again, always = average of roughly four games per season missed, including his debut and single injury-riddled year, yielding 6 games in total.
245 games in 12 seasons sure sounds decent.

Once again skam you're allergic to reality.

The more you post the dumber you get.

But my favourite part, your piece de resistance, is your charming effort in bold.. followed by this:

I mean i know its hard to argue, but you just went straight for the personal attack.

Surprising that Kristof didn't call that a pathetic personal attack, along with that weird Youtube reference you made.
Oh well.

It's a shame you're like this, your taste in AFL and NBA teams is very good.

Last edited:
So it seems you're lost in the terminology.
What i meant was they rebuilt without bottoming out or throwing out their older good players, which is what your point was.

You gotta be in it to win it. Geelong have had a team that has been in it consistently while we have not.
Hawthorn have not (since they made the similar moves you want to make)
Let me ask you. Do you think Geelong or Hawthorn are closer to a premiership?

Id say the hawks are as close to a spoon as we are.

So I'm lost for terminology because you said one thing and meant another? righto.

Also just FYI being closer to a spoon doesn't mean you're not also closer to a premiership. Though I disagree that Hawks are 'closer' than us given we'd have had a real shot at one this year if it had been played and Hawks were no chance of being spooners this year.

Fagan on Footy Classified says we've already told 8 players they won't be at the club next year due to a reduction of the list.
Interesting.

Wilson, Strachan, Mackay, Taylor, Poholke, Knight would have to be an obvious first six.
Galluci, Hartigan, Crocker, Keays, Himmelburg, McPherson would likely be the players I think the other two would come from. Id say Himmelburg is in trouble for one. Mainly because I suspect we are gunning for Thilthorpe and or Baldwin.
As for the eighth. I dont think we wouldve said Galluci just yet due to potential. Possibly Hartigan to make way for Borlase.

Fagan on Footy Classified says we've already told 8 players they won't be at the club next year due to a reduction of the list.
Most likely he misspoke and this was about 8 staff, not 8 players

That would be totally bizarre if it really was 8 players. The season may restart, those players may play AFL. If it really is 8 players, sack Fagan immediately. But most likely he misspoke.

Most likely he misspoke and this was about 8 staff, not 8 players

That would be totally bizarre if it really was 8 players. The season may restart, those players may play AFL. If it really is 8 players, sack Fagan immediately. But most likely he misspoke.

You are giving him way, way too much credit there. If he said it was due to a reduction of the list then it's clearly players.

I find it weird that we have gone that early, list reductions wouldn't be until the 2021 season anyway due to current contracts and TPP for 2020. I'm not sure I'm comfortable that eight guys have their papers stamped already. What if we get a few injuries and one of the eight have a blinding whatever we want to call this season? I'm thinking the Keays, Crocker types that are likely to be the last in, first out cuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm lost for terminology because you said one thing and meant another? righto.

Also just FYI being closer to a spoon doesn't mean you're not also closer to a premiership. Though I disagree that Hawks are 'closer' than us given we'd have had a real shot at one this year if it had been played and Hawks were no chance of being spooners this year.

For someone thats a stickler for terminology you didn't read that i said AS close not closer.
Its right there in the post you quoted.

I notice you didnt answer who you thought was closer to a flag Gee or Haw, but I already know the answer.

Reality, 2011 was an outlier in generally a very strong pre-Hawthorn recruitment career, and very much not "always injured".
Hawthorn knew what they were doing, they did it well, they did it correctly, and they got a Norm Smith Medallist, three-time premiership defender from it.

Again, always = average of roughly four games per season missed, including his debut and single injury-riddled year, yielding 6 games in total.

But my favourite part, your piece de resistance, is your charming effort in bold.. followed by this:

Surprising that Kristof didn't call that a pathetic personal attack, along with that weird Youtube reference you made.
Oh well.

But you're forgetting that the comparison was Daniel Talia who has missed what 5 games in his WHOLE CAREER!

Once again youre getting lost in semantics while the original point has been proven to be completely stupid.

No quality team would throw out Daniel Talia at this point. NONE. Not Clarkson, not Geelong, nobody.
The point stands that Hawthorn recruited someone with a more frail body than Talia at an older age and they were the example that the poster chose for success.
And at that point they were the most successful team of the modern era.

You say good choices for team, i say painful choices.

Should we speculate on the players some more that have been told?

Hard to say but ill give it a go

Definitely told (IMO)
-Mackay
-Poholke
-Taylor
-Wilson

Really tough to say who else, especially with no exposed form from this coaching regime.

Ah right i see now he was talking about staff.

For someone thats a stickler for terminology you didn't read that i said AS close not closer.
Its right there in the post you quoted.

I notice you didnt answer who you thought was closer to a flag Gee or Haw, but I already know the answer.

Take everything I said in my post, replace closer with as close and it doesn't really change anything, I stand by that view.

Also Hawthorn are closer to a flag but that would be true regardless of their lists, just purely on their coach. Hawthorn have the best coach in the AFL and Geelong has a muppet who isn't any better a coach than his brother, he just went to a more successful club.

Last edited:
Take everything I said in my email, replace closer with as close and it doesn't really change anything, I stand by that view.

Also Hawthorn are closer to a flag but that would be true regardless of their lists, just purely on their coach. Hawthorn have the best coach in the AFL and Geelong has a muppet who isn't any better a coach than his brother, he just went to a more successful club.

Hawthorn arent anywhere near a flag and I would hazard a guess that Clarkson wouldnt be hanging around too many more years there.
So what then? 3 years time no Clarkson and theyre still out of the 8.

Do you still call them the model of success? I know thats spitballing, but answer as if it happened (he is contracted to 2022)

I mean you're constantly moving the goalposts but still kicking points.

I would say Geelong have better young players than Hawthorn already.

Last edited:
“If” doing a lot of work there

“the Crows have confirmed Fagan was referring to “eight” staff — not players”

As I said.
Throw in Chapman and Fagan.
Seriously we should be looking at retiring some of the older players Walker, Gibbs maybe Lynch. Try to reduce Sloane's contract length.

Hawthorn arent anywhere near a flag and I would hazard a guess that Clarkson wouldnt be hanging around too many more years there.
So what then? 3 years time no Clarkson and theyre still out of the 8.

Do you still call them the model of success? I know thats spitballing, but answer as if it happened (he is contracted to 2022)

I mean you're constantly moving the goalposts but still kicking points.

I would say Geelong have better young players than Hawthorn already.

On what basis do you assume Clarkson isn't going to hang around?

I'm not moving the goalposts at all, I simply answered the question you asked. If you wanted to ask about which list is better situated to win the next premiership perhaps you should have asked that.

I'd advise you to actually think about what it is you want to say and then pause and work out how to actually express that accurately; Because the consistant theme through your responses has been that what you apparently mean and what you actually say are usually significantly different.

On what basis do you assume Clarkson isn't going to hang around?

I'm not moving the goalposts at all, I simply answered the question you asked. If you wanted to ask about which list is better situated to win the next premiership perhaps you should have asked that.

I'd advise you to actually think about what it is you want to say and then pause and work out how to actually express that accurately; Because the consistant theme through your responses has been that what you apparently mean and what you actually say are usually significantly different.

On the basis that hes been there 15 years already as head coach and after hearing literally every retired coach speak there reaches a point where you either lose the passion or lose the ability.
I dont think he's lost the ability, but how many modern coaches have lasted half that long?

I just think at a point fairly soon he's going to hand over the reigns to someone else. I mean you dont think he's going to coach them forever?

Eventually the pressure and hard work takes its toll.

Hes contracted to 2022 and when asked recently about further he said it was way too far down the track to comment.
But now thats only 1 season away.

But you're forgetting that the comparison was Daniel Talia who has missed what 5 games in his WHOLE CAREER!

Once again youre getting lost in semantics while the original point has been proven to be completely stupid.

No quality team would throw out Daniel Talia at this point. NONE. Not Clarkson, not Geelong, nobody.
The point stands that Hawthorn recruited someone with a more frail body than Talia at an older age and they were the example that the poster chose for success.
And at that point they were the most successful team of the modern era.

You say good choices for team, i say painful choices.

I.never.brought.up.Talia.
Nor have I mentioned Talia, my conversation has never revolved around Daniel Talia.

Oh, and Hawthorn recruited Lake before their threepeat :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:
Geelong and Brisbane had better claims on "most successful team of the modern era" at the time Hawthorn recruited Lake.
It paid off in spades. He won a Norm Smith and three flags.

The point you're trying to get across is fine but you're using poor examples to do it.

Last edited:

Oh well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back