Draws - your opinion

What should happen when there's a draw?

• Goalkicking shoot-out from 40m

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the draw and would keep it

If I had to choose a tiebreaker, it'd be a goal kicking shootout where the opponent picks the goal kicker. So for example Brisbane would pick Jordon Butts to take the shot and we'd pick Jaxon Prior and so on
More likely they choose O'Brien.

Butts is a decent kick.

Should settle it by roshambo.

The 2 captains meet in the centre circle and take turns kicking each other in the balls as hard as they can. First one to fall over loses.

talking eric cartman GIF by South Park

Draws are s**t.

Empty hollow feeling at the end of the game. Players, fans, commentators all dejected, flat, confused. No one knows what to say or do.

Obviously for it to end in a draw the last few minutes have been exciting and hectic. Then the siren goes with no winner. The ultimate anti climax.

What kind of psychopath thinks that’s ok?

This is sort of outlook is typical of your generation and its addiction to instant gratification.

1715571515338.gif

I like draws as a neutral. It's kind of funny and a talking point.

Is it really worth worrying about when it's happened once every 11 years in our history?

I agree, they’re so rare that it makes it kind of an interesting and fun quirk of the game.

Are people so emotionally immature that they just MUST feel good or bad RIGHT NOW!

These imbeciles can’t just be content with being neutral for a week!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next goal wins

Doesn't feel right for an off target shot or rushed behind to win the game
Next minute: 13.6.84 def 12.13.85 (entered extra time 12.6.78 apiece)

Extra time.

Never understood why we had two different rules, during the season and finals.

Becauase finals require an outcome then and there?

Whereas regular season game are for points you get 4 points for a win and 2 points for a draw.

It's like people have forgotten the table is determined by premiership points and percentage not wins and losses.

Yeah, soccer has both draws and extra time/shootout games depending on whether a result is required. Nothing wrong with that.

If we did decide to get rid of draws in the AFL I think having the siren sound but the game continues until the next score or next goal would be ideal. Formal extra time is too much for a regular season game, but likely we'd only be talking about a few minutes at most in the case of a golden point.

Instant? I sat there for 3 hours.

Whenever I watch a draw I immediately wish I had whatever time I spent watching it back.

I guess cricket isn’t much of a passion then. Not knocking that BTW, have barely watched a ball for years. Cricket nerds being the most pathetic of all the sporting nerds.

Last edited:
Back