Competitions Dream Team/Supercoach thread (opposition fans post questions in here)

Ben McKay, is he best 22, fiddling with my SC team, I need a cheapie. Played both JLT. Would love some feed back. Thankyou and may we always have the upper hand in our rivalry! LOL

Cheers people!
Regards DtF
He'll play but doubt he'll do much from a SC scoring perspective. I can see him punching out 30s and 40s but not much more. Bench spot at best.

I've taken him off my bench and he'll only return if I can't find another rookie defender that's named for round 1.

One suave *

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
He'll play but doubt he'll do much from a SC scoring perspective. I can see him punching out 30s and 40s but not much more. Bench spot at best.

I've taken him off my bench and he'll only return if I can't find another rookie defender that's named for round 1.

One suave ****
I know you. You are the least suave kent I know!
lol

Linekers Ears

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey guys, How's WIll Walker going?

I see that he's listed with a PCL - is that still the same injury that he copped against Adelaide last year?

Love the way he plays. Apparently the Crows were keen to pick him up if you didn't, and I spoke to his Mum once at an East Sandy footy game and she was very pleased that he stayed at home.

Hey guys, How's WIll Walker going?

I see that he's listed with a PCL - is that still the same injury that he copped against Adelaide last year?

Love the way he plays. Apparently the Crows were keen to pick him up if you didn't, and I spoke to his Mum once at an East Sandy footy game and she was very pleased that he stayed at home.
You would know as much as us at this stage as the club has been tight lipped on injuries this year, even more than usual. His recovery is slower than expected. He is rated internally and by the fans as a very smart operator. Long-term, WW will feature quite prominently.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
How has Goldstein's pre-season been?

Probably not one I'm really considering however his 2015 season was off the charts so he's always worth considering for a brief moment however it doesn't look like he'll make it back to that premium again.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
How has Goldstein's pre-season been?

Probably not one I'm really considering however his 2015 season was off the charts so he's always worth considering for a brief moment however it doesn't look like he'll make it back to that premium again.

He's been flying.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Goldy will kill this year. Best value Ruck in SC.
Any reason you see him bouncing back? Like from what I'm aware, he didn't really have much competition in the ruck last year at North and he played all the games last year so why do you see him going up another level?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
how has polec and brown looked this preseason?

Brown has been building from hip surgery. Expect him to be a slow starter.

Polec averaged 26 disposals in 76% GT in the JLT series. I expect him to go at around 30 for the season.

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any reason you see him bouncing back? Like from what I'm aware, he didn't really have much competition in the ruck last year at North and he played all the games last year so why do you see him going up another level?
I'm also keen to hear your thoughts on this too please North fans.

I'm confident Goldy will improve his SC output this year but surely it won't be enough to be in the Top 2 by season's end over Gawn & Grundy?

I'm also keen to hear your thoughts on this too please North fans.

I'm confident Goldy will improve his SC output this year but surely it won't be enough to be in the Top 2 by season's end over Gawn & Grundy?
Better than Gawn and Grundy, no, but not far off and is a good second option if you are trying to save a bit of money in the ruck. He will improve as he doesn’t have all the mental crap hanging over his head this year and had an excellent preseason.

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Better than Gawn and Grundy, no, but not far off and is a good second option if you are trying to save a bit of money in the ruck. He will improve as he doesn’t have all the mental crap hanging over his head this year and had an excellent preseason.
Thanks for that, really want to start him over Grundy but still not sure. Out of curiosity, who are you starting with? :)

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks for that, really want to start him over Grundy but still not sure. Out of curiosity, who are you starting with? :)
Given the byes, could be one you swap to Grundy/Gawn after they've had their bye when it's heading into Goldy's if he's not quite to their level. Hard to see Grundy maintaining his average, that said if he has a strong month before the bye he could be just about there.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Quick one - Is Macmillan taking most kick-ins from defence?

He seems to be racking up the possessions in JLT and round 1, will this continue if he stays fit?

Cheers

Quick one - Is Macmillan taking most kick-ins from defence?

He seems to be racking up the possessions in JLT and round 1, will this continue if he stays fit?

Cheers
He usually shares the kickouts with Tarrant and Thompson. 16 points from freo to kick in from is on the high side. See how he looks with Thompson back.

3rd Grade Maggy

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
Looking at your preview thread I can see I'm not a lone wolf here ... But wtf is the story with ahern not getting a game. And is Andersen still injured/being managed because of his history? I have both of them in my sc draft team and every week they get named in the squad but not picked. Should I just cut bait and get a Spud from another team who is at least going to get me 40 odd points a week?

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looking at your preview thread I can see I'm not a lone wolf here ... But wtf is the story with ahern not getting a game. And is Andersen still injured/being managed because of his history? I have both of them in my sc draft team and every week they get named in the squad but not picked. Should I just cut bait and get a Spud from another team who is at least going to get me 40 odd points a week?

Anderson more than likely back next week.
And Ahern should have played every week but isn’t.

Hi guys, do you think Ziebell will start to spend more time in the midfield again like he did on the weekend?
Not likely kane. A chance for Anderson and *prays* Ahern to come in.

Back