Mod. Notice DreamTeam/SuperCoach Team Central (Please read).

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Righty, lads and ladettes.

It is more than likely we will be besieged with questions relating to player X this year for the above competitions, be they from our own supporters or others.

It is the direct wish of the moderators of this board that we do not get littered with questions pertaining to the prospects of our team this year. As such, all questions must be asked and answered in this thread.

Please feel free to use this thread as North Melbourne DT/SC Central.

Any new threads started by anybody else other than the mods will be promptly deleted and the initiator carded without hesitation.

Happy play,

Filthy, TOD, Toes.

Will cunnington and bastinac play the majority of games next year?

I reckon these two stand out as quality players around their respective price ranges (based on what i've heard - it's obviously yet to be seen), so any info on likelihood of games, whether they'll be up for round 1 and just how their pre-seasons are going would be great.

cheers.

Bastinac's been super impressive with his performances on the track thus far. His body's underdeveloped but he's a supreme athlete. From all reports he very much looks to be the standout of the draftees (taking Cunnington's precautionary rest into account).

Benny Cunnington has the goods to start the season proper, barring injury, and I'd expect him to start from the get go. Expect both to play this year and for both to be nursed through the season. I doubt they'll play more than 15 games each max.

If cunnington plays much of the season I don't think he'll score particularly well in DT/SC - he loves playing the 1 percenters, hits contests hard and will be great on field but unlikely to rack up possesions. Bastinac will play less games but is likely to rack up possessions, has an amazing engine and ability to read the play. Player on the cheap (or I think so, haven't checked the prices) Sam Wright - will play most of the year half forward and never makes a bad decision with the ball in his hands. Goldy will make a good emergency ruck.

Righty, lads and ladettes.

It is more than likely we will be besieged with questions relating to player X this year for the above competitions, be they from our own supporters or others.

It is the direct wish of the moderators of this board that we do not get littered with questions pertaining to the prospects of our team this year. As such, all questions must be asked and answered in this thread.

Please feel free to use this thread as North Melbourne DT/SC Central.

Any new threads started by anybody else other than the mods will be promptly deleted and the initiator carded without hesitation.

Happy play,

Filthy, TOD, Toes.

Quick question filth, can a thread be started about a league that you need places to be filled or just best to put it here and hope people see?

Quick question filth, can a thread be started about a league that you need places to be filled or just best to put it here and hope people see?

Good question TDF.

Let me get back to you... maybe we'll set up an 'Expressions of Interest' thread.

It's all about keeping the main page clutter free and meaning us mods don't have to trawl through thread after thread of rubbish questions so the above thread will likely be the go.

Good question TDF.

Let me get back to you... maybe we'll set up an 'Expressions of Interest' thread.

It's all about keeping the main page clutter free and meaning us mods don't have to trawl through thread after thread of rubbish questions so the above thread will likely be the go.
Sweet mate, the good thing of starting a thread when i need spots filled is that everyone can see. Im happy either way.

hows ziebell going?

Very nicely. He had a slight injury scare in QLD but luckily that's all it was, a scare. Have a look at his pics in the training pics threads on our board. The guy's one massive unit, and whilst he'll be nursed through the season to some degree, he knows no other way than to go full boar. If he plays a full season he will be in the running for the NAB Rising Star Award. Bookmark it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice job getting this up early mods.

Hale..If you believe he will average much more than 53 from last year, and more towards the 72 of 2008. then he is probably good value if he can stay on park. which I personally am unsure of.

Hey duck, are you organising a North supporters league?:D

how has Lachi Hansen's pre-season been?

any suggestions that he's in for a big season?

We certainly hope he's in for a big season, and alot of us are confident he will be. He's added a significant amount of size to his previously light frame. He started 2009 starring at CHB for us. He was leading our B&F no less, and then he was injured pretty badly. He returned but wasn't right, and as importantly, wasn't played in his strongest position at CHB. He mostly played as a forward. It's a big year ahead for Lachie but I personally feel he's ready to hit his straps, as long as he remains injury free.

Lachy Hansen's a great pic fork dream team. His great tank and awesome marking ability means he'll float around picking up marks all day long- plus Thompson and Grima will probably be used for the dominant forwards which releases him to play a bit more offensively.

He could be a decent selection if he plays down back all year. He was scoring reasonably well down at CHB last year but his average dropped because of his games in the forward line when he came back from injury.

ive locked in hamish as my number 1 ruckman, any reasons why he wouldnt improve again on last season?? i have a feeling he might impose himself as one of the top4-5 ruckman in the comp this year

Well he was already comfortably in the top 4-5 ruckman before this season.

DT/SC wise I don't think he will improve his average because Goldstein will be chewing into his ruck time and he will spend a bit more time up forward. His scores were lower when Goldstein played. At best I think he will keep his 2009 average.

how about Lindsay boys? Been training with the midfield group more and has been chucked in there previously. I guess we will have to wait and see in the NAB but if he gets plenty of time in there he could be a good pick up for DT more so than SC.

Thoughts?

what will Gavin Urquhart's role be this season and will it see an improve in his SC/DT scores, he wasnt too bad early last season and showed glimpses that he could be a decent scorer in the backline! he started off pretty well, but never seemed to get his fitness back after the injury which it looked like he carried for a fair few games,

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me re: A. Swallow's ost pubis - read somewhere he developed a case in rd 20 last year is that true and is he over it yet. Apologies if that has already been covered elsewhere.
Also does anyone think that Anthony would be too crazy a risk at 500K, considering his PH of stress # last year and that fact that he needs to maintain that high level of the second half of the season - gee he looks a gun.
cheers lozza

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me re: A. Swallow's ost pubis - read somewhere he developed a case in rd 20 last year is that true and is he over it yet. Apologies if that has already been covered elsewhere.

Spitter has been in full training with the senior group.

You are best served looking out for the training threads in order to keep updated on the North list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back