Preview Round 10: Dreamtime at the G - Richmond vs Essendon, Saturday 25/05/19 @ 7.25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure on his contract sorry. Yeah, he can certainly be a handy fwd when his game is on. 2017 was easily his best year. But even as far back as JLT last year he started doing this harlem globe trotters stuff nearly every time he got the ball including playing on at a free kick instead of taking the set shot and buggering up the outcome or just trying to invent flukey play that just wasn't there like trying to handball to a guy in the goal square who was covered instead of slotting the goal from 20m out or trying to run around 2 blokes instead of giving the ball off to a team mate in a clearly advantageous position.

I think a lot of our boys were over doing that stuff last year and have reigned it in but he seemed to persist with it. He's had a couple of handy games at VFL level so after Rioli I'm sure he will be the next to get a call up if one of the current smalls go cold.

Edit* sorry, one more thing, I reckon he would be a very good get for a team like the Bombers because he brings creative flair and is a great athlete. Really good type to have to mix it up with your current fwd options.

Whats he worth you reckon?

Adding Buttler to Tippa,Fantasia and Smith when he's down there would be a handful for opposistion back lines

Last edited:

always look forward to this game, and I reckon it will be a cracker.

Will be interesting to see how Soldo goes against Bellchambers, he gave us some pretty good first use of the ball yesterday which is very very rare for us.

I wont be shocked if you swing Hooker or Hurley forward at stages to stretch us. Otherwise you might be too top heavy down back.

if anyone is keen for some friendly banter, head on over to our banter thread!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...led-wrong-the-most-fantasia-or-balta.1218855/

yes I'm aware Fantasia may not be playing, but it won't stop BT from saying his name a lot.. :p

Also tomorrow night we are recording our weekly podcast and I'm being joined by Loonerty to discuss footy and preview the big game!

I'll post the link here once completed for anyone interested :)

Whats he worth you reckon?

Adding Buttler to Tippa,Fantasia and Smith when he's down there would be a handful for opposistion back lines
He'd fetch nothing less than 3 first rounders... if we had the luxury of hardlining adelaide in a classic adelaidian negotiation.

When Butler is on and at his best I'd have him in front of Castagna, so he'd be in the Tigers best 22 IF he was playing at his best. I think he is more skilful than Castagna and can do the other things George does exceot maybe contested marking. So far though, Castagna is proving to be more consistent.

You are dead right, add Butler to that list of bombers and you'd potentially have a very sharp squadron.

always look forward to this game, and I reckon it will be a cracker.

Will be interesting to see how Soldo goes against Bellchambers, he gave us some pretty good first use of the ball yesterday which is very very rare for us.

I wont be shocked if you swing Hooker or Hurley forward at stages to stretch us. Otherwise you might be too top heavy down back.

if anyone is keen for some friendly banter, head on over to our banter thread!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...led-wrong-the-most-fantasia-or-balta.1218855/

yes I'm aware Fantasia may not be playing, but it won't stop BT from saying his name a lot.. :p

Also tomorrow night we are recording our weekly podcast and I'm being joined by Loonerty to discuss footy and preview the big game!

I'll post the link here once completed for anyone interested :)

was he giving first use before or after McEvoy went off inj?

FWIW CCJ is averaging 11 touches and 8 hitouts a game at VFL level
Chol is averaging 10 touches and 3 hitouts a game.

I would point out that previously CCJ has been the preferred second ruck to Chol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus. Richmond losing two ruckmen in a week is a HUGE win for us.

If we were ever going to break our drought against this mob, it's now. They're so undermanned it's not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back