Preview Round 10: Dreamtime at the G - Richmond vs Essendon, Saturday 25/05/19 @ 7.25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isn't Brown still 1 or 3 weeks away ? Did not play in the VFL this week and has not played since Anzac day.
Wouldn't have lost any fitness and I think we really miss him. I think if he's fit he comes straight back in. Smack on the other hand would obviously need a run. Who knows what happens when Stringer, Joe, Brown, Smack and Francis are all fit. Really hard to split the latter 3..

Wouldn't have lost any fitness and I think we really miss him. I think if he's fit he comes straight back in. Smack on the other hand would obviously need a run. Who knows what happens when Stringer, Joe, Brown, Smack and Francis are all fit. Really hard to split the latter 3..
Do not disagree just did not know if he was expected back this week :)

If we’re worried about Ivan Soldo playing we’re in deep ****
100% this.

Soldo is better than Chol, but that doesn't say a lot. No Nankervis is huge for us.

Said it earlier, if we don't beat them now, we simply won't for a few more years. They have Dusty who played a great game last week, but the past few seasons have shown that he doesn't always back it up. Pencil Shane Edwards in for an absolute pearler of a game as he always does against us. There's no other certainties anymore, though. The Tigers haven't been this vulnerable for us in a long, long time.

If it's going to happen, it'll be Saturday night.

100% this.

Soldo is better than Chol, but that doesn't say a lot. No Nankervis is huge for us.

Said it earlier, if we don't beat them now, we simply won't for a few more years. They have Dusty who played a great game last week, but the past few seasons have shown that he doesn't always back it up. Pencil Shane Edwards in for an absolute pearler of a game as he always does against us. There's no other certainties anymore, though. The Tigers haven't been this vulnerable for us in a long, long time.

If it's going to happen, it'll be Saturday night.

You think after so many loses to them the coaching staff will do something to limit Edwards influence always kills us

If Soldo doesnt get off the suspension id pencil you guys in as favs going in.

You may laugh at the notion that he is important and assume he only played well cause McIvoy went down, but he was actually beating him in the ruck before he went down anyway.

Theres no coincidence that Dusty had 10 clearances when Soldo came in, 17 hits to advantage and a bunch of those were down Dustys throat. If CCJ comes in we will have to set up more defensively around stoppages which takes Dusty out of it.

If Soldo does get off, the game is a genuine 50/50 imo. Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Nankervis, Short out for us is sickening to read, Fanta and Smith are two big outs for you guys.

On paper you will be the better side Saturday night.

If Soldo doesnt get off the suspension id pencil you guys in as favs going in.

You may laugh at the notion that he is important and assume he only played well cause McIvoy went down, but he was actually beating him in the ruck before he went down anyway.

Theres no coincidence that Dusty had 10 clearances when Soldo came in, 17 hits to advantage and a bunch of those were down Dustys throat. If CCJ comes in we will have to set up more defensively around stoppages which takes Dusty out of it.

If Soldo does get off, the game is a genuine 50/50 imo. Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Nankervis, Short out for us is sickening to read, Fanta and Smith are two big outs for you guys.

On paper you will be the better side Saturday night.
CCJ and Chol aren't even first rucks at VFL level. We're under no illusions that Soldo not playing would be massive given Bellchambers' high h/o to advantage rate, if he's against either of them he could well have 20+ h/o to advantage.

always look forward to this game, and I reckon it will be a cracker.

Will be interesting to see how Soldo goes against Bellchambers, he gave us some pretty good first use of the ball yesterday which is very very rare for us.

I wont be shocked if you swing Hooker or Hurley forward at stages to stretch us. Otherwise you might be too top heavy down back.

if anyone is keen for some friendly banter, head on over to our banter thread!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...led-wrong-the-most-fantasia-or-balta.1218855/

yes I'm aware Fantasia may not be playing, but it won't stop BT from saying his name a lot.. :p

Also tomorrow night we are recording our weekly podcast and I'm being joined by Loonerty to discuss footy and preview the big game!

I'll post the link here once completed for anyone interested :)
Of course you look forward to it... everyone loves knowing they will get the 4 points!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More worried about forecast showers than Soldo
Like Soldo is a good tap ruck. That's all he is, but he's developed that craft pretty well in the VFL. If he's out Richmond will be forced to play Coleman-Jones as a number one ruck, a role he hasn't even displayed he can do at VFL level effectively.

Richmond having no rucks won't make a difference imo when was the last time Bellchambers took an advantage like this?
Bellchambers did have some good games against quality ruckman in 2018, including on Ben McEvoy and Nic Nat from memory. He needs to show some aggression on Saturday night and exploit the undersized Richmond ruckman. He’s usually quite clever with taking the ball out of the ruck and getting it onto the boot, which could be a good tactic to get some yardage against a great, stingy Richmond defence.

Bellchambers did have some good games against quality ruckman in 2018, including on Ben McEvoy and Nic Nat from memory. He needs to show some aggression on Saturday night and exploit the undersized Richmond ruckman. He’s usually quite clever with taking the ball out of the ruck and getting it onto the boot, which could be a good tactic to get some yardage against a great, stingy Richmond defence.
Honestly every time I've seen Big Boy take on Bellchambers, Bellcho beats him.

So apparently SMACK is BACK! Please let it be true.
You honestly expect him to be straight back in with 6 weeks of no football? Fairly sure he'll play 2's this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back