General Bombers Talk Dreamtime Guernsey Reveal 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

"Essendon has proudly launched its 2022 Under Armour Dreamtime guernsey, which will be worn in the annual Dreamtime at the 'G blockbuster in Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

Designed by star forward Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, the feet represent the Bombers' past First Nations players, with the striking design also depicting the pathway and journey through different terrains and lands to the NEC Hangar, our central meeting place.

The centre places the Essendon family, players, coaches and staff in the circle, while the words 'Faith, Freedom and Family' on the inside of the guernsey are important pillars in McDonald-Tipungwuti's life."

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 13.35.52.png Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 13.35.59.png

And the women's version (we have one yay!)

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 13.36.27.png Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 13.36.34.png

It looks great and well done Walla.

On a side note, it's hard not to feel cynical with this club about selling more things, but this is not the topic to worry about that so hopefully they donate like boncers post above.

Anyone know if we donate proceeds from this to Indigenous communities/programs?
It's not mentioned so probably not. They should though. Or if not a third party, it should at least go towards the Long Walk and Deadly Choices partnerships, and the club's outreach stuff.

Oh that is probably one of my favourite designs we have had.
Think I might pick one of those up.

Love it.
Read an idea that other day that for Sir Doug Nicholls round each year the clubs should replace the usual sponsor's logos with Indigenous businesess and foundations. Would be great to see us work with our partenrs to get this started

That is a bloody good idea. Hopefully we start seeing some more action this space.
I really liked Melbourne's branding announcement, I thought that was quite innovative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back