Preview Dreamtime XVIII. Richmond Tigers FC v Koala Genocide FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Venue: WCG - Wurundjeri Camping Ground - AKA Swinburne Centre Oval ii

Time: This Saturday night, be there! Play commences at 7.30pm. Unsure when the magnificent pre-game ceremony starts but presume if you arrive and are seated by 7pm you would see it in full.

Edit with thanks to AstuteTiger

Dreamtime at the 'G schedule:

2.45pm:
VFL curtain raiser match – Richmond VFL vs Essendon VFL
6.15pm: The Long Walk
6.30pm: Dreamtime at the G Pre-Match Entertainment, supported by Coles
7.00pm: Welcome to Country
7.05pm: Cultural performance
7.25pm: Richmond Laguntas Dance
7.30pm: Match commences
Half-time: Kristel West performs
Post-match: Yiooken Award presentation

Central Umpires: The AFL would like to announce B Rutten, B Caracella, D Heppell will all be making their central umpiring debut this week. Go well guys. 👍

Dreamtime: It is a nice moment to reflect on what dreamtime is, what it represents and perhaps what we can learn from it. If you pay particular attention to the parts I have bolded immediately below, you will see in my preview, Essendon don’t seem to have learned much from it at all. 😩.

From one site I found…. aboriginalcontemporary.com.au

The Dreamtime is the period in which life was created according to Aboriginal culture. Dreaming is the word used to explain how life came to be; it is the stories and beliefs behind creation. It is called different names in different Aboriginal languages, such as: Ngarranggarni, Tjukula Jukurrpa. In the Dreamtime, the natural world—animals, trees, plants, hills, rocks, waterholes, rivers—were created by spiritual beings/ancestors. The stories of their creation are the basis of Aboriginal lore and culture. And are also what are often painted by Aboriginal artists.

In the lore, all living things were either the ancestors themselves, or were made by the ancestors. That is, a river may be an ancestor and may also be a creation snake.

The Dreaming explains how things came to be – why a rock is in a certain place or a particular shape, why the echidna has spikes, why the moon returns full every month, how kangaroos got their tails. [1]

The Dreaming also commands the rules and ways of being in Aboriginal culture. Dreaming stories explain these beliefs, such as: the lesson not to hurt animals; who one should marry and bear children with (according to the Aboriginal skin system), who one should not talk to (according to the Aboriginal skin system), how one should show respect in another's Country, how one should welcome strangers to your own Country. It dictates how one should behave in certain circumstances. These stories are the cultural rules and obligations Aboriginal people are expected to live by, within their culture.

The Dreaming is not static or linear. It is the past, but it is also the present and the future. The Dreaming it is constantly evolving to explain events and changes today, such as floods, storms and (negative and positive) occurrences in people's lives.

Here is a link to one dreamtime story I found, the story of the rainbow serpent that fully explains why we have rivers, frogs, kookaburras, goannas, and wombats, and why we see rainbows after it has rained, as well as neatly explaining the disappearance of the rainbow lorikeet brothers, and why we have rules to live by.

There are other great dreamtime stories at that site. I will be sure to have a read of those this week. 😁

It is also always worth considering this land our European forefathers began to occupy almost 250 years ago was previously occupied for it is believed over 60,000 years by Aboriginal people, whose culture we celebrate with this match. The MCG is said to have been built on a Wurundjeri tribe campsite, and was the site of “numerous” corroborees. Someone must have forgotten to keep a precise count. 😁. And so it is fitting this match will be preceded by a spectacular corroboree, hopefully something like this unforgettable one....

1652762822918.png

Great stuff.

The Opposition

Well, they call themselves Essendon Football Club. So you think ok, they must be a football club that was formed when the good people of Essendon got together and decided to form a football club, right?

Wrong. Very wrong. Completely and utterly wrong…..

The good people of Essendon DID actually get together and form a football club. That was this football club:

Variously known as Essendon Town, Essendon Association or Essendon Dreadnoughts, they were born in Essendon, played at Essendon Rec Reserve(later known as Windy Hill) they represented the people of Essendon and they were a perfectly respectable football club, winning 2 VFA flags. They were universally liked, unlike the imposter Essendon FC we face this week….

Who are these imposters?

This club we are facing are not Essendon, that is for sure. They weren’t formed there, they didn’t play there, they had no real connection to the people of Essendon, they had no connection to ordinary people whatsoever. They started as some sort of nomadic play thing for the landed gentry of Melbourne. The types most of us don’t relate to in any way shape or form. I for one despise landed gentry with a passion. F*ck landed gentry.

They were formed in the early 1870’s in Ascot Vale of all places, and originally played home games at Flemington, from what I can gather around the site of the Flemington Race Course…..which starts to give a clue to who this lot really are.

Who formed the football club now wrongly known as “Essendon?”

1. The McCracken family, a privileged family who occupied the homestead in Ascot Vale where the club was born. This family are famous for two things really, turning Victoria into a haven for alcoholics through their brewery - which was later taken over by Carlton and United Breweries. And because of this latter detail they were directly responsible for myself and I am sure many others who will read this growing up forced to drink large volumes of shocking beer you wouldn’t let a European wasp fly into these days.

2. Members of The Royal Agricultural Society. Little more needs to be said. A more land degrading, habitat destroying, privilege inheriting group of people could not be located on these shores at any time in history.

3. Members of the Victorian Woolbrokers who I have no doubt have their own sordid history. And, get this…..

4. Members of The Melbourne Hunt Club. You got it, they same ******* imbeciles who for their own amusement introduced the feral red fox to Australia. The self same creature solely responsible for killing 600 million Australian native animals per year. That is roughly 1.6 million koalas, possums, blue tongue lizards, wombats, etc etc per day. So if you thought our free kick count was x rated, have a ponder on that toll, for which the imposters calling themselves the Essendon Football Club are chiefly responsible.

In brief summary, this club is what results when bad beer makers meet with privileged “gentry” and fox hunters, and decide that introducing a feral pest like the fox is not bad enough, they will create an equally invasive football club. First the club spread virally from Flemington Hill to invade East Melbourne where they played played out of the now extinct East Melbourne Ground. Other clubs to use that ground as their home ground were University FC, West Melbourne FC, East Melbourne FC and Melbourne City FC, all now extinct as well, which just goes to show how difficult it has been to exterminate this virulent weed that now calls itself the Essendon FC. From there they tried to steal North Melbourne’s Arden Street Ground, and they did actually steal all of North Melbourne’s players, and in the process stole a Premiership off us in 1924 despite us beating them in the ultimate game of the season. By then they had invaded Essendon itself, which spelt death for the real Essendon FC, the poor respected Dreadnoughts. 😩

So that is who we play on Saturday night, and a brief summary of their whole vile history. They deserve to be cursed. Fortunately, it seems they are. 😁

Actual Match Preview

Fresh off our never before seen anywhere in the universe record low 22 free kicks in 2 whole games of football v the Hawks last weekend(AFL + VFL) Dimma will have our club fired up to better that this weekend. Any player who is awarded a free kick in either game will be forced to listen to Mark Robinson anti-Richmond rants on repeat during the following week. And because it is the way we play to intentionally give away free kicks the Match Committee will be instructing our players to remonstrate with umpires whenever we receive a free kick, to try to get it reversed. Come on guys, you can do it, just have to avoid getting more than 3 free kicks per team per quarter of footy and have a couple of special free kick avoiding terms under 2 and we will get there. 😍

😩😩😩

Our Form and Selection

Early season problems serious enough to see us outplayed by the Blues, Saints and Demons, and Messrs O’Gorman, Meredith and Haussen at the Adelaide Oval, seem to have given way to better performances v West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn in recent weeks. In the latter 2 matches for 6 strange reasons our dominance in play did not seem perfectly reflected on the scoreboard. One of those 6 strange reasons I believe goes by the name of Mr Razorblade Raymond Chamberlain, uber-campaigner extraordinaire. 🥵

Realistically, the last 3 matches we played teams who are probably destined for the lower reaches of the ladder this season. But the Bombers are no better, so we need to make hay while the AFL Footy Operations sun refuses to shine on us. campaigners.

What is working well? We are AFL #2 for goals scored, behind only the Brisbane Lions. Our conversion is exceptional at 134 goals 95 behinds, but I guess that doesn’t include the 50 odd shots at goal Lynch has sent sailing straight over the deep 3rd man fence. 😩😩.

What is not working so well? We are AFL #15 for scoring shots conceded. Only Eagles, Roos, Bombers have conceded more. Against this, we sit equal AFL #10 for goals conceded. So we seem to have figured out ways to hamper our opponent’s conversion whilst converting well ourselves. Richmond 134.95 v all opponents 107.123 speaks to a new pattern emerging for us. What is causing this? Our inside 50 differential numbers don’t appear to be miles off last year, but I suspect we are spending more time in our backline and looking to draw the opposition forward a bit more then sligshotting. So we are probably playing with more players in our rear end then gaining joy from sudden forward thrusts. I will refrain from references to John Inman regarding this game style. 😂

It looks pretty clear we will bring in Tarrant for Balta. Not sure how well Tarrant is moving at the moment but he looked ok in his half v Box Heap and the team functioned a hell of a lot better with him out there. You would have to think Gibcus slots back in which sadly could displace Biggy Nyuon, who I thought showed some nice promise last week on debut. If Marlion suffers his usual injustice at the tribunal tonight, it will be interesting to see who we promote, Ralphsmith, “Basher” Mansell, Dow or Ross all have claims. Do we give the smiling space closer Maurice Junior a rest and promote someone or slot a refreshed S Edwards in there? The good thing is we have options than a Wall Street hedge fund.

Bombers Form and Selection

I am not as down on the Bombers as some, notwithstanding the club’s disgraceful history. I think they have a good list and should be able to add some more good players to fill specific gaps over the next year or two. Their time to actually contend obviously won’t be this year and likely not next but beyond that I don’t think we can trust them to be abysmal for much longer. They have a long list of players missing who would improve their current team, and as we have seen with our own club, this is tough to overcome.

Hurley, Langford, Smith, Snelling, Cox, Stewart, Jones , Stringer, Tipungwuti are players they have had affected by injuries or over-eating in the case of Anthony McDonalds. A few of those are not too far off resuming but I am not sure we see more than 1-2 of them max this week. The Bombers’ form is pretty poor on the whole, and last week it was piss poor. But they have beaten Hawks and Crows, and performed serviceably against Demons, Lions, and possibly one or two others. They are the 15th highest scoring team and the 16th ranked for score conceded.

Interesting Matchups

Draper/Bryan v Nankervis/Soldo

This should be good to watch. Nank v Draper sees two strong bulls pitted against each other, both are really good rucks, probably just below the top tier of rucks in the AFL. Bryan is a promising 203cm 20yo who will give Soldo something to think about, but I would expect given his youth Ivan should get the better of him. One thing to watch here will be goals with these Tiger rucks, Soldo snuck a couple through last week and Nankervis slotted a brilliant goal from a boundary throw in.

Merrett/Parish v Prestia/Cotchin

The Bombers pair are experts in getting 40 touches, more than half of which amounts to handballing around in circles. The experienced Tiger pair don’t mess around and don’t give a s**t about numbers, they try to get the ball and shift it forward, but are also very good and ensuring these type of opponents don’t get dangerous too often.

Wright v Tarrant

Tarrant has been moving like a glacier this season, and Dimma has mentioned he has been troubled by a hip issue. He will have won respect at the club for embracing playing VFL footy with an unselfish attitude, and I expect his teammates to really try to support him here. Wright has been in very good form, especially given the Bombers have provided limited supply inside 50(AFL #15.) He is a mark and kick player really and if Tarrant was anywhere near his best this would suit him down to the ground.

Bolton v Some Poor Bastard

You can just imagine the hapless D Shiel will be head-ducking out of his skin if Rutten calmly informs him he is to be solely responsible for the Bolton portfolio. If Shiel isn’t given the role then it would be rather fun to see the most uninspiring Craptain in football Dyson Heppell reluctantly taking up residence next to Shai while the latter is parked forward. Good luck to the man who is named after a vacuum cleaner due to his penchant for hoovering up every cheap possession available in the Bomber backline.

Dusty v Some Other Poor Bastard

I think Dusty has made his name already. He will most likely just cruise around doing what he has to do because A) he has a heart, and B) this is not a Grand Final. Let’s see how much leadership Mr On The Couch shows when it comes to working out which opponent he is going to get destroyed by. 😂😂

Result:

Tigers to defeat Bombers by 12 goals.

Umpires to defeat Tigers by 8 goals.

Net margin: Tigers by 4 goals. 😎

Looking forward to the pre-game ceremony. 😍😍😍

Last edited:

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Venue: WCG - Wurudjeri Camping Ground - AKA Swinburne Centre Oval ii

Time: This Saturday night, be there! Play commences at 7.30pm. Unsure when the magnificent pre-game ceremony starts but presume if you arrive and are seated by 7pm you would see it in full.

Central Umpires: The AFL would like to announce B Rutten, B Caracella, D Heppell will all be making their central umpiring debut this week. Go well guys. 👍

Dreamtime: It is a nice moment to reflect on what dreamtime is, what it represents and perhaps what we can learn from it. If you pay particular attention to the parts I have bolded immediately below, you will see in my preview, Essendon don’t seem to have learned much from it at all. 😩.

The Dreamtime is the period in which life was created according to Aboriginal culture. Dreaming is the word used to explain how life came to be; it is the stories and beliefs behind creation. It is called different names in different Aboriginal languages, such as: Ngarranggarni, Tjukula Jukurrpa. In the Dreamtime, the natural world—animals, trees, plants, hills, rocks, waterholes, rivers—were created by spiritual beings/ancestors. The stories of their creation are the basis of Aboriginal lore and culture. And are also what are often painted by Aboriginal artists.

In the lore, all living things were either the ancestors themselves, or were made by the ancestors. That is, a river may be an ancestor and may also be a creation snake.

The Dreaming explains how things came to be – why a rock is in a certain place or a particular shape, why the echidna has spikes, why the moon returns full every month, how kangaroos got their tails. [1]

The Dreaming also commands the rules and ways of being in Aboriginal culture. Dreaming stories explain these beliefs, such as: the lesson not to hurt animals; who one should marry and bear children with (according to the Aboriginal skin system), who one should not talk to (according to the Aboriginal skin system), how one should show respect in another's Country, how one should welcome strangers to your own Country. It dictates how one should behave in certain circumstances. These stories are the cultural rules and obligations Aboriginal people are expected to live by, within their culture.

The Dreaming is not static or linear. It is the past, but it is also the present and the future. The Dreaming it is constantly evolving to explain events and changes today, such as floods, storms and (negative and positive) occurrences in people's lives.

Here is a link to one dreamtime story I found, the story of the rainbow serpent that fully explains why we have rivers, frogs, kookaburras, goannas, and wombats, and why we see rainbows after it has rained, as well as neatly explaining the disappearance of the rainbow lorikeet brothers, and why we have rules to live by.

There are other great dreamtime stories at that site. I will be sure to have a read of those this week. 😁

It is also always worth considering this land our European forefathers began to occupy almost 250 years ago was previously occupied for it is believed over 60,000 years by Aboriginal people, whose culture we celebrate with this match. The MCG is said to have been built Wurundjeri tribe campsite, and was the site of “numerous” corroborees. Someone must have forgotten to keep a precise count. 😁. And so it is fitting this match will be proceeded by a spectacular corroboree, hopefully something like this unforgettable one....

View attachment 1402253

Great stuff.

The Opposition

Well, they call themselves Essendon Football Club. So you think ok, they must be a football club that was formed when the good people of Essendon got together and decided to form a football club, right?

The good people of Essendon DID actually get together and form a football club. That was this football club:

Variously known as Essendon Town, Essendon Association or Essendon Dreadnoughts, they were born in Essendon, played at Essendon Rec Reserve(later known as Windy Hill) they represented the people of Essendon and they were a perfectly respectable football club, winning 2 VFA flags. They were universally liked, unlike the imposter Essendon FC we face this week….

Who are these imposters?

This club we are facing are not Essendon, that is for sure. They weren’t formed there, they didn’t play there, they had no real connection to the people of Essendon, they had no connection to ordinary people whatsoever. They started as some sort of nomadic play thing for the landed gentry of Melbourne. The types most of us don’t relate to in any way shape or form. I for one despise landed gentry with a passion. fu** landed gentry.

They were formed in the early 1870’s in Ascot Vale of all places, and originally played home games at Flemington, from what I can gather around the site of the Flemington Race Course…..which starts to give a clue to who this lot really are.

1. The McCracken family, a privileged family who occupied the homestead in Ascot Vale where the club was born. This family are famous for two things really, turning Victoria into a haven for alcoholics through their brewery - which was later taken over by Carlton and United Breweries. And because of this latter detail they were directly responsible for myself and I am sure many others who will read this growing up forced to drink large volumes of shocking beer you wouldn’t let a European wasp fly into these days.

2. Members of The Royal Agricultural Society. Little more needs to be said. A more land degrading, habitat destroying, privilege inheriting group of people could not be located on these shores at any time in history.

3. Members of the Victorian Woolbrokers who I have no doubt have their own sordid history. And, get this…..

4. Members of The Melbourne Hunt Club. You got it, they same ******* imbeciles who for their own amusement introduced the feral red fox to Australia. The self same creature solely responsible for killing 600 million Australian native animals per year. That is roughly 1.6 million koalas, possums, blue tongue lizards, wombats, etc etc per day. So if you thought our free kick count was x rated, have a ponder on that toll, for which the imposters calling themselves the Essendon Football Club are chiefly responsible.

In brief summary, this club is what results when bad beer makers meet with privileged “gentry” and fox hunters, and decide that introducing a feral pest like the fox is not bad enough, they will create an equally invasive football club. First the club spread virally from Flemington Hill to invade East Melbourne where they played played out of the now extinct East Melbourne Ground. Other clubs to use that ground as their home ground were University FC, West Melbourne FC, East Melbourne FC and Melbourne City FC, all now extinct as well, which just goes to show how difficult it has been to exterminate this virulent weed that now calls itself the Essendon FC. From there they tried to steal North Melbourne’s Arden Street Ground, and they did actually steal all of North Melbourne’s players, and in the process stole a Premiership off us in 1924 despite us beating them in the ultimate game of the season. By then they had invaded Essendon itself, which spelt death for the real Essendon FC, the poor respected Dreadnoughts. 😩

So that is who we play on Saturday night, and a brief summary of their whole vile history. They deserve to be cursed. Fortunately, it seems they are. 😁

Actual Match Preview

Fresh off our never before seen anywhere in the universe record low 22 free kicks in 2 whole games of football v the Hawks last weekend(AFL + VFL) Dimma will have our club fired up to better that this weekend. Any player who is awarded a free kick in either game will be forced to listen to Mark Robinson anti-Richmond rants on repeat during the following week. And because it is the way we play to intentionally give away free kicks the Match Committee will be instructing our players to remonstrate with umpires whenever we receive a free kick, to try to get it reversed. Come on guys, you can do it, just have to avoid getting more than 3 free kicks per team per quarter of footy and have a couple of special free kick avoiding terms under 2 and we will get there. 😍

😩😩😩

Our Form and Selection

Early season problems serious enough to see us outplayed by the Blues, Saints and Demons, and Messrs O’Gorman, Meredith and Haussen at the Adelaide Oval, seem to have given way to better performances v West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn in recent weeks. In the latter 2 matches for 6 strange reasons our dominance in play did not seem perfectly reflected on the scoreboard. One of those 6 strange reasons I believe goes by the name of Mr Razorblade Raymond Chamberlain, uber-campaigner extraordinaire. 🥵

Realistically, the last 3 matches we played teams who are probably destined for the lower reaches of the ladder this season. But the Bombers are no better, so we need to make hay while the AFL Footy Operations sun refuses to shine on us. campaigners.

What is working well? We are AFL #2 for goals scored, behind only the Brisbane Lions. Our conversion is exceptional at 134 goals 95 behinds, but I guess that doesn’t include the 50 odd shots at goal Lynch has sent sailing straight over the deep 3rd man fence. 😩😩.

What is not working so well? We are AFL #15 for scoring shots conceded. Only Eagles, Roos, Bombers have conceded more. Against this, we sit equal AFL #10 for goals conceded. So we seem to have figured out ways to hamper our opponent’s conversion whilst converting well ourselves. Richmond 134.95 v all opponents 107.123 speaks to a new pattern emerging for us. What is causing this? Our inside 50 differential numbers don’t appear to be miles off last year, but I suspect we are spending more time in our backline and looking to draw the opposition forward a bit more then sligshotting. So we are probably playing with more players in our rear end then gaining joy from sudden forward thrusts. I will refrain from references to John Inman regarding this game style. 😂

It looks pretty clear we will bring in Tarrant for Balta. Not sure how well Tarrant is moving at the moment but he looked ok in his half v Box Heap and the team functioned a hell of a lot better with him out there. You would have to think Gibcus slots back in which sadly could displace Biggy Nyuon, who I thought showed some nice promise last week on debut. If Marlion suffers his usual injustice at the tribunal tonight, it will be interesting to see who we promote, Ralphsmith, “Basher” Mansell, Dow or Ross all have claims. Do we give the smiling space closer Maurice Junior a rest and promote someone or slot a refreshed S Edwards in there? The good thing is we have options than a Wall Street hedge fund.

I am not as down on the Bombers as some, notwithstanding the club’s disgraceful history. I think they have a good list and should be able to add some more good players to fill specific gaps over the next year or two. Their time to actually contend obviously won’t be this year and likely not next but beyond that I don’t think we can trust them to be abysmal for much longer. They have a long list of players missing who would improve their current team, and as we have seen with our own club, this is tough to overcome.

Hurley, Langford, Smith, Snelling, Cox, Stewart, Jones , Stringer, Tipungwuti are players they have had affected by injuries or over-eating in the case of Anthony McDonalds. A few of those are not too far off resuming but I am not sure we see more than 1-2 of them max this week. The Bombers’ form is pretty poor on the whole, and last week it was piss poor. But they have beaten Hawks and Crows, and performed serviceably against Demons, Lions, and possibly one or two others. They are the 15th highest scoring team and the 16th ranked for score conceded.

Interesting Matchups

This should be good to watch. Nank v Draper sees two strong bulls pitted against each other, both are really good rucks, probably just below the top tier of rucks in the AFL. Bryan is a promising 203cm 20yo who will give Soldo something to think about, but I would expect given his youth Ivan should get the better of him. One thing to watch here will be goals with these Tiger rucks, Soldo snuck a couple through last week and Nankervis slotted a brilliant goal from a boundary throw in.

The Bombers pair are experts in getting 40 touches, more than half of which amounts to handballing around in circles. The experienced Tiger pair don’t mess around and don’t give a s**t about numbers, they try to get the ball and shift it forward, but are also very good and ensuring these type of opponents don’t get dangerous too often.

Wright v Tarrant

Tarrant has been moving like a glacier this season, and Dimma has mentioned he has been troubled by a hip issue. He will have won respect at the club for embracing playing VFL footy with an unselfish attitude, and I expect his teammates to really try to support him here. Wright has been in very good form, especially given the Bombers have provided limited supply inside 50(AFL #15.) He is a mark and kick player really and if Tarrant was anywhere near his best this would suit him down to the ground.

You can just imagine the hapless D Shiel will be head-ducking out of his skin if Rutten calmly informs him he is to be solely responsible for the Bolton portfolio. If Shiel isn’t given the role then it would be rather fun to see the most uninspiring Craptain in football Dyson Heppell reluctantly taking up residence next to Shai while the latter is parked forward. Good luck to the man who is named after a vacuum cleaner due to his penchant for hoovering up every cheap possession available in the Bomber backline.

I think Dusty has made his name already. He will most likely just cruise around doing what he has to do because A) he has a heart, and B) this is not a Grand Final. Let’s see how much leadership Mr On The Couch shows when it comes to working out which opponent he is going to get destroyed by. 😂😂

Result:

Exceptional work!!

Be nice to see Maurice replace Pickett in the side for his debut in front of a big crowd at Dreamtime.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Darcy parish to win the BOG award with 47 nothing disposals in a 70 point loss

Meanwhile MRJ will bag 6 goals

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
We will lose.

I know they’re without a few but Balta Graham Pickett are ******* HUGE outs, and we know we need our best 21-22 out there.

why do we keep getting random injuries that no one has footage of

there is a conspiracy there but i haven't figured out what yet

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
Venue: WCG - Wurundjeri Camping Ground - AKA Swinburne Centre Oval ii

It is also always worth considering this land our European forefathers began to occupy almost 250 years ago was previously occupied for it is believed over 60,000 years by Aboriginal people, whose culture we celebrate with this match. The MCG is said to have been built Wurundjeri tribe campsite, and was the site of “numerous” corroborees. Someone must have forgotten to keep a precise count. 😁. And so it is fitting this match will be proceeded by a spectacular corroboree, hopefully something like this unforgettable one....

View attachment 1402253

Great stuff.

The Opposition

Who are these imposters?

This club we are facing are not Essendon, that is for sure. They weren’t formed there, they didn’t play there, they had no real connection to the people of Essendon, they had no connection to ordinary people whatsoever. They started as some sort of nomadic play thing for the landed gentry of Melbourne. The types most of us don’t relate to in any way shape or form. I for one despise landed gentry with a passion. fu** landed gentry.

Actual Match Preview

😩😩😩

Our Form and Selection

Interesting Matchups

Wright v Tarrant

Result:

Exceptional preview, well done mate - great way to kick the week off. :thumbsu:

Melbourne Hunt Club...there's no coming back from that sledge! 🤣

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Exceptional preview, well done mate - great way to kick the week off. :thumbsu:

Melbourne Hunt Club...there's no coming back from that sledge! 🤣

The thing is, it is true. 😁

I wish I knew more bomber supporters, I would be all over them like a cheap suit with it.

Actually, no, I don’t wish I knew more Bomber supporters, disgusting people. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back