List Mgmt. Drew Petrie, do we go after him? (poll added)

Recruit him?

• No

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Absolutely categorically no

Votes: 56 50.9%
  • Wouldn't be the craziest move we've ever made

Votes: 19 17.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean the Internet rumour that Brad Scott confirmed at his press conference?

Maybe it's just here say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard him say it

does that make it hear say? personally, I think delisting a player like Harvey the way they have is closer to heresy...
Very bizarre the way they did it.
Clumsy at best, not thinking at all.
The idea for them to say goodbye is silly, as it looks poor the whole thing

They may have all been offered the chance to retire, and knocked it back. The whole thing just doesn't quite add up, especially with Harvey. Perhaps they had an agreement that if one was forced they would all have to be

Even if Cloke went, it's a no to Petrie.
Boomer would definitely be a get. He's clearly durable and provides what we've been lacking since the Krak left.
And he'd have a point to prove. An angry Boomer would add something

Even if Cloke went, it's a no to Petrie.
Boomer would definitely be a get. He's clearly durable and provides what we've been lacking since the Krak left.
And he'd have a point to prove. An angry Boomer would add something

I just imagined the horror of North supporters, seeing Boomer in black and white.

Yes, hopefully we keep Cloke too.

Cloke CHF, Darcy FF and Petrie the resting ruck.

Confidence only takes a week to regain. And at least when he has confidence he kicks them dead straight.

Even a confident Travis sprays them left, right and out of bounds

Cloke's kicked more goals in less games. The exaggeration of his "poor" goal-kicking is getting ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wouldn't take a nicely priced Harvey?
He gets lots of ball still, plays to high levels still, could go well half forward area, mentor our young ones, has great preparation, leadership by application.
If we got him cheaply (as we would) he is worth plenty for a year or two.
If he bombs, oh well, worth the punt.

He is worth more in 2017 then say Macaffer was worth 2014 to this year.
More valuable than Blair, than Golds, Thomas.

I'm assuming he'd come inexpensive, low draft pick, and say 300 k or so a year.
Anyway that's my take.

Harvey is an all time great of the game and still more than capable, however, Boomer quite often plays for Boomer, he can be a tad selfish at times and I would want top know who's spot he was taking.
If he was younger and we got 3 or 4 years out of him then hell yes, but in our stage of development for 1 year I really don't see the point and we should really let that ship sail past.

You mean the Internet rumour that Brad Scott confirmed at his press conference?

Maybe it's just here say?

Seems I'm an idiot. Carry on speculating.

Regarding Petrie, it's a no from me. Harvey though, I'd consider, even if it's just so in the future we can claim the games recorder holder as being a Pie.

I just imagined the horror of North supporters, seeing Boomer in black and white.
Yea they'd be spitting venom for sure I also think a heap of boomers fans would change their jumpers as well they're pissed off on the north board and rightly so,no way to treat a champion of the club

One game before finals and not only do they announce the delisting of four of their most senior players, but say that it is because it might be their last Melbourne game next weekend?? Lower morale AND show a complete lack of faith in their finals campaign before it starts. Woeful management.

Harvey is an all time great of the game and still more than capable, however, Boomer quite often plays for Boomer, he can be a tad selfish at times and I would want top know who's spot he was taking.
If he was younger and we got 3 or 4 years out of him then hell yes, but in our stage of development for 1 year I really don't see the point and we should really let that ship sail past.
he would replace blair l would imagine

l would think that boomer said no to retirement and wanted to play on.
club has been force to say no and delist. l would have given boomer one more year on the
understanding that is it, still one of there best strange

If you mean "we" as in the Strathmore Football Club (EDFL) then that's a big yes "we" should go after him.

"We" will be going after Farrito too.

Go Mores!!!!

(Pass from the Pies)

Last edited:
With our tall forward stocks remarkably thin, and a huge amount of salary cap that needs spending, I think Darcy and Mason would benefit greatly from having a guy like Drew around the club.

If he was keen to play on, should we offer him a year?

You should watch Petrie play this year...

Had die-hard Norf fans BEGGING for him to retire.

You can find a better tall forward than Petrie in the state leagues if we need a fill in.

Or even Black from North who can't get a game

Back